Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Addi Clicks

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Supertheory

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:14 pm
The yarn store I work at got our first shipment of Addi Clicks in, and boy oh boy.

First of, they're WAY behind on production. We've gotten about 60 of the 500 we've back ordered. Our store alone has 100 pre-paid sets, mostly for Christmas presents.

Last year for Christmas, my boyfriend got me a set of the Knit Picks interchangeable needles. They cost about $50 for a full set (you get one less cord than with the Addi's, and a connector so you can take your cords and make them longer), compared to the suggested retail price of the Addis at $180 (Canadian). They're not too different, frankly. They're definitely not worth an extra $130.

Plus, with the Knit Picks, you can get them in aluminum OR bamboo, and the case they come in can be used as a notions bag as well, where the Clicks case is kind of big and clunky, and stuffed with a LOT of foam so you can't even fit a standard pack of stitch markers in it, let alone your scissors, measuring tapes patterns, small projects etc.

Long post short: If you want a set of interchangeable needles, buy the Knit Picks ones. They don't come with the Addi name, and they're a TINY bit clackier (I like clacking), but they're infinitely better for the price you're going to pay.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:14 pm
I have never heard of these. they sound really awesome though.

I have a ton of needles, but I always seem to need more. For instance, I had to go to the store and buy size 17 circs tonight for an xmas present i need to make. I have 17 straights, but I need to make this in the round.

Would the knit picks work? And can I get them online?  

Drowtung

Supertheory

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:18 am
Here ^_^

The kit itself only goes up to 11mm, but you can buy the 13, 15, and 17 needle tips separately.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games