Metal *headbangs*
View Results

Red Groovy Kroovy

3,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:44 pm
welll me and my friend on gaia of fighting over music childish i know but hey were doingXD
any way wich is better Rap....... OR METAL(is the bomb)
O yeh If you have strict parents i recommend not listening to this metal and please tell why
i like metal dont know why.....  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:38 pm
I really don't listen to either.

Does hair metal count? I like hair metal. It's just fun to listen to.

I just don't like screaming. I know there's a difference between screamo and metal but they still scream in metal sometimes and I just don't like the screaming. And though I like guitar and drums in my music, metal is just too busy for me sometimes. Too much guitar, drums, and vocals at the same time just displease me. Makes me feel kind of on edge. Like the song you linked as metal, it's making me feel all jumpy and like I said, on edge.

I don't really like rap. It's got some good beats but I tend not to like rappers voices. It's just not a genre I really like like.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:50 pm
I like metal, and I don't know why either. It just makes me... happier. Strange, right?

I hate rap, never liked it, never will.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:21 pm
I guess I like metal. Sometimes it freaks me out though. Haha.

I hate rap. It makes my head hurt.  

Chaosctrl

Chatty Vampire

5,050 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:47 pm
Let me rephrase what I said about rap. The Gorillaz came up on my iTunes and reminded me I like some very select rap. The only rap that I can think of that I like is when the Gorillaz rap because they don't have many straight rap songs. Their pair it with other kinds of music in the same song. The rap lyrics are more interesting to me than rap lyrics usually are too.

Like I think a good example of them mixing the rap with something else would be Feel Good Inc
The most rap-ish song by the Gorillaz I still like is Clint Eastwood.

And not to be nit picky but the song you posted as an example of rap was actually not rap but R&B, Dot Hack.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:46 am
well I dont like nor dislike either of them as long as the lyric makes sense I'll hear it  

Prince Seiko

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:11 pm
I don't really like neither. I really don't' like rap. But I really do like chinese and korean rap. I guess it must be the language? ^_^"  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:58 pm
the only RAP I LIKE and it still kinda suckish  

Red Groovy Kroovy

3,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Profitable 100

Prince Seiko

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:04 am
Travis heart *drool* *put self back together* redface sweatdrop . that sound good tho the song is good it self I like it is good for dancing well at least when is remixed xd thanks for giving me that little feast to the eyes ^_^

PS: this is an example of what rap is like here or let say regueton I do like the beats not the lyric.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:15 am
I know that type of music prince seiko
I grew up on it and I also became an outlaw of the familly because of rap and hip hop and other type of same music.
I like dark waves and odd music. But metal is also good.
Music can destroy people and kill them
But music can heal wounds from the past....  

Yllirion

Prince Seiko

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:09 am
well that depends on the way you hear music and if you take it seriously I mostly hear regueton just to dance cause is sooooo good for that xd tho the lyric suck soo bad but I'm mostly in to trance rave and anything like that.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:19 am
Prince Seiko
well that depends on the way you hear music and if you take it seriously I mostly hear regueton just to dance cause is sooooo good for that xd tho the lyric suck soo bad but I'm mostly in to trance rave and anything like that.
'
Well I'm born with the Hispanic culture and I learn the moves. But dark waves , industrial and rock was inside my heart.
But I know how you mean with the sounds.
It makes you want to shake your snake tail razz  

Yllirion

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:01 pm
Definately metal over rap. I love a godo bit of metal, but for me it has to have thought and singing i alongside the scremaing part. Pure scremaing (see:screamo ><) is often terrible.
For example good metal can be sen in Slipknot,Stone Sour, Korn, Disturbed, Killswitch Engage etc

As for rap, I do appreciate it when it's good. I look on rap like a sort of peotry,a nd if all it goe son about are "ho's" and "dawgs" the i'll mentally shoot teh damn stuff in the face to put it out of it's misery. If it is going on about the latter it has to do it with a sense of humor.
Some good rap is Eminem or Fort Minor...genrally I like the older cheesy stuff like Will Smith etc to :3

But i'ma rock chick all the way.

Now if rap and metal mix you can get some flipping awesome reuslts (see: linkin park & nu metal) and some dismal results too (see: limp Bizkit etc)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:37 pm
Chaosctrl
I guess I like metal. Sometimes it freaks me out though. Haha.

I hate rap. It makes my head hurt.

I have to go with what Chaosctrl said. 3nodding  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:45 pm
Like anything, it depends on what kind of meatl you listen to really -haha

Plus what mood you're in. I coudn't get enough of metal when i was into heavy revision this year - very good stress reliever to thrash around to blaugh  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff