Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inquisitor Brock

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:02 am
http://www.militarytrader.com/article/us_army_goes_greens/  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:16 am
Next they'll want the military to recycle it's brass and run tanks on vegetable oil.  

OberFeldwebel

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:01 am
OberFeldwebel
Next they'll want the military to recycle it's brass and run tanks on vegetable oil.

I thought the military did recycle it's brass.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:02 am
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel

I doubt solders pick up the brass after using 2 mags in a firefight  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:13 am
SBBuckner
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel

Well, of course they don't pick up firefight brass, I was talking about the range brass.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:39 am
Don't they drive more humvees than tanks? Those humvees can run on veggie oil... I think. xd  

Rommel_Desert_Fox

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:38 pm
Freak_090
SBBuckner
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel

Well, of course they don't pick up firefight brass, I was talking about the range brass.
They do, my old coach used to buy that s**t by the sack. Usually it's dinged to ******** from the M249s. Those things are not kind to brass.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:52 pm
I've got a brass catcher on my SU-16 for while I'm at the range; they give recyclers a discount for range ammo, which makes it worth while. But the military having tanks of veggie oil... There's a scary thought.

"Whats wrong Bill?"
"Damnit, I gotta pull over. I smell french fries."
"Bill... We're in Iraq."
"Then were the ******** is there a McDonald's."
"We blew it up."
"... DAMNIT!"  

Sidal

Anima_Raptor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:40 pm
Well, by no means is it a bad thing, since this is just base transport and not actual combat vehicles.

Besides, it would be cool if they converted military vehicles to some form of efficient electrical system... imagine an Abrams pulling 30 mph and not making a sound? Now that's ******** covert.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:59 pm
Anima_Raptor
Well, by no means is it a bad thing, since this is just base transport and not actual combat vehicles.

Besides, it would be cool if they converted military vehicles to some form of efficient electrical system... imagine an Abrams pulling 30 mph and not making a sound? Now that's ******** covert.
I hear they have a new mobile artillery system that could do that, actually. I don't like it because it uses active point defense instead of armor. One bluescreen or ammo jam and its RPG town for the arty crew.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:16 am
Fresnel
Anima_Raptor

I hear they have a new mobile artillery system that could do that, actually. I don't like it because it uses active point defense instead of armor. One bluescreen or ammo jam and its RPG town for the arty crew.

Or mortar rapeage.

Would probably be least costly, in terms of fuel, to just fire laser, or other means, guided missiles or rockets from a land base.

Even less if they just used artillery with satellite provided coords or something.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games