Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ordo Sanguinous: The Vampires Requiem

Back to Guilds

Tags: vampire, night, dark, roleplay 

Reply Ordo Sanguinous: The Vampires Requiem
fellow guild members... what should i do?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DeleteThisInactiveAccount

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:15 pm
I have been thinking about this off and on for a long time. And now, I've decided to ask my fellow guild members (and have a public answer up; I KNOW I'm not the only beginner wondering)... so, what should I do?

The problem is that I tried to participate in a roll-playing thread on gaia (All Hallows Eve Ball). Unfortunately for me, the other members were experienced RP-ers and very busy with it.

I typed up a few starting bits of the character I was going to add ahead of time. But when I went to post, the thread had grown. I mean, a lot. As in, too many pages for my slow computer to let me read throught it all.

Of course, like the idiot I am, I posted anyway, shortly before my computer had one of its annoying break-downs and was out for a week, so I couldn't get back to the thread.

So, it probably looks like to isolated posts stuck on there by a troll. I've been too embarrassed to even take a look at it again...

So now... what should I do?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:27 pm
anybody?  

DeleteThisInactiveAccount

-xander-prescot-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:05 pm
Well, my dear, fret not. All is not lost. There are a few options.

Next time, anticipate that the thread will roll quickly, and prepare ahead of time. Set aside a few hours that first night and next night of the RP to post and check others' posts. Some people will post rapidly and others may take days in between. If you are one of the slower posters, RP with the other slow ones.

You may also consider setting up your own non-event RP thread, with the caveat that your posts may be infrequent. This way, you have an opportunity to RP to your heart's content and at your own pace.

And now, I think I'm due for a beating...Merry Christmas.  
Ordo Sanguinous: The Vampires Requiem

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games