Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
NC5: Introducing an Old Man to an Old Friend Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:56 pm
I've decided to ask for a GOOD flashlight for Christmas. And now, I need opinions on a good one. I've had a brand, Fenix, suggested to me, and I need some opinions on them, and suggestions of GOOD (PERSONAL) flashlights in the same price range. And damnit, if they are CR123s, give me a source for cheap batteries too!

https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=498

https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=335

https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=531

https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_85&products_id=517  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:54 pm
I'm a big fan of hybrid LED/Xenon flashlights. Best tactical advantage is to see them and/or blind them before they see you.

Here's a nice selection to chose from:

http://www.brightguy.com/led-flashlight.php

http://www.opticsplanet.net/surefire-g2-nitrolon-flashlights.html

Browning Xenon flashlight  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:58 pm
What just happens to be on the top of the list on the first one? A Fenix! But it's a model that uses CR123s.

If you look at the ones I listed, they are all LEDs XD

In order:

109 lumen

152 lumen (turbo) or 16 lumen

150 lumen or 45 lumen

225 lumen or 60 (BUT is CR123)  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:46 pm
Get a Surefire!
If not, get the last one, the TK10-Surefire sells single batteries for 1.75 each  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:06 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

4100 lumens.

I want. mrgreen

Personally though, I just carry a standard 2C-Cell MagLite. Costs about $30, and it'll last ********. If you want something a bit more than a MagLite but... not as much as the Torch, 5.11 has a new "tactical" flashlight that will fully recharge in a minute and a half.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:08 am

Put that on a home defense shotgun...
it'll be better than mace, and with optional lethality.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:39 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
4100 lumens.

I want. mrgreen

Personally though, I just carry a standard 2C-Cell MagLite. Costs about $30, and it'll last ********. If you want something a bit more than a MagLite but... not as much as the Torch, 5.11 has a new "tactical" flashlight that will fully recharge in a minute and a half.

And if you touch them with it, instant second degree burns, and it'll light their clothes on fire!

Seriously, that thing can burn paper almost on contact. In one of the demos, they put the Torch in a vise vertically, put a tin can on top, and make scrambled eggs.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:13 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
4100 lumens.

I want. mrgreen

And if you touch them with it, instant second degree burns, and it'll light their clothes on fire!

Seriously, that thing can burn paper almost on contact. In one of the demos, they put the Torch in a vise vertically, put a tin can on top, and make scrambled eggs.

Looks like it would be a good survival tool  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:23 pm
People, I'm looking for something less than $100.

I'm not exactly rich, with a minimum wage job with 2 days a week. And what I get from that is going on my Taurus.

I have a 2D-cell Maglight, but that's too big to carry. I'm looking for something that can fit in my pocket or on my belt without drawing a ton or attention to it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:37 pm
uryu ishida

I'm not exactly rich, with a minimum wage job with 2 days a week. And what I get from that is going on my Taurus.

I have a 2D-cell Maglight, but that's too big to carry. I'm looking for something that can fit in my pocket or on my belt without drawing a ton or attention to it.

Definitely get a Surefire then. G2 or 6P recommended  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:44 pm
uryu ishida

I actually carry my 2C MagLite on my belt when I feel I'll need a light, and it's pretty comfortable. You'd be surprised, you lose a pound or more by switching from D's to C's. An Uncle Mike's holster costs a couple bucks and fits any C or D cell MagLite. All in all it may be larger, but it's half the price of a SureFire, just as durable, the batteries are definitely easier to find (dunno about duration, though), and you get the adjustable beam. You just can't clip it to a rifle.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:53 pm
SBBuckner
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
4100 lumens.

I want. mrgreen

Looks like it would be a good survival tool

And a torcher device.
See what I did there?  

OberFeldwebel

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:15 pm
Fresnel
uryu ishida

I actually carry my 2C MagLite on my belt when I feel I'll need a light, and it's pretty comfortable. You'd be surprised, you lose a pound or more by switching from D's to C's. An Uncle Mike's holster costs a couple bucks and fits any C or D cell MagLite. All in all it may be larger, but it's half the price of a SureFire, just as durable, the batteries are definitely easier to find (dunno about duration, though), and you get the adjustable beam. You just can't clip it to a rifle.
I really need something I can just slip in my pocket without being intrusive at all, or as little as possible. A 2C is really noticeable.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:17 pm
SBBuckner
uryu ishida

Definitely get a Surefire then. G2 or 6P recommended
Thing is, At the prices, the Fenix lights put out more Lumen, and only one uses 123As, a very expensive battery.

As a note, that flashlight that sets things on fire: It's $300, and it's battery time is FIFTEEN MINUTES.  

uryu ishida

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:34 pm
uryu ishida
Fresnel
uryu ishida

I really need something I can just slip in my pocket without being intrusive at all, or as little as possible. A 2C is really noticeable.
Oh yeah, sure. Sometimes I forget normal people wear jeans. xd

If you want something to hang on your belt, a 2C is nice though. It's half the weight of a 2D and only a little bit dimmer.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff