Is PETA evil?
  Hell yes!
  DEATH TO PETA!!!
  These are true, but PETA deserves to play god with defenseless animals
  What? Preposterous.
View Results

Gay_Fox_Guy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:10 pm
I found a website recently that detailed all of the recently released records of PETA's exact figures of income, animals received, animals put down, and animals adopted.

Over their entire existence, they've only adopted out less than 14% of the animals they take in, opting to euthanize the rest of them (Apparently most before leaving the former owner's home, jamming the needle in in the van before firing up the engine).

I signed the petition they have on there to remove PETA's Non-Profit Organization Tax Exempt Status.

The site is www.petakillsanimals.com.

It's sickening how with all their cash, they see fit to support domestic terrorism, crime, and even encourage arson, destruction of property, etc.

I now see PETA as more than a bunch of degenerate anti-naturalists, but also people who enjoy abusing the rights they so obviously don't deserve.

Please join me in wishing PETA a very horrid, cold, and uncomfortable Holiday Season. I'd sooner have the fur market boom to a much bigger industry than have these people slaughtering so many adoptable companions.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:12 am
I think they're just somewhat foolish, I wouldn't say the worst hypocrites ever. They overstate their case and violate some of their own ideals, sure. But their basic idea is that while we cannot make the world a happy place for the cats and rats and dogs and so on, we can at least minimize the suffering they're put through in our dealings with them.

I think they're right on the money. I support invasive biomedical research with animal models, sure, don't get me wrong, but at the same time, those studies should be done in ways that minimize the invasive aspect and use as few animals as possible.  

Josie Mir

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:46 am
Gay_Fox_Guy
It's sickening how with all their cash, they see fit to support domestic terrorism, crime, and even encourage arson, destruction of property, etc.

They also recruited Pamela Anderson! Those cultist monsters! scream

Gay_Fox_Guy
Please join me in wishing PETA a very horrid, cold, and uncomfortable Holiday Season. I'd sooner have the fur market boom to a much bigger industry than have these people slaughtering so many adoptable companions.

They probably contribute quite a bit to the fur industry already. I mean, if they're the same people who go around spray painting people with fur coats on, then they're only causing those people to go out and buy another fur coat.

Josie Mir
I think they're right on the money. I support invasive biomedical research with animal models, sure, don't get me wrong, but at the same time, those studies should be done in ways that minimize the invasive aspect and use as few animals as possible.

Ahhh, but everything on Earth is part of one giant experiment not carried out by anyone in particular. There is no evil corporation or government carrying out this either. If you want someone to blame, blame yourself and everyone else. Everything around you is feeding you chemicals. You can't escape them either. Minimize your exposure? Sure! But you'll always be in contact with these chemicals that you wouldn't swallow, but you ingest all the time. If you want more details, there's an article I have on this.
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2006/10/toxic-people/duncan-text
I just can't summarize 12 pages, even if they're not very long.

Just to add to it, people aren't the only ones being exposed to this stuff. Animals are too, and continue to be exposed to these chemicals. And the worst part? We don't know what these chemicals are doing. Not all of them are toxic, but they could mess with your hormone system. Then again, who knows? Only 1/4th of the 82,000 in use have been tested for toxicity.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:26 am
PETA has their national headquarters about 20 minutes from where I live (they're in Norfolk, you see), and as such I am usually the first exposed to their asshattery. If anyone recalls their little "Cooking Mama" parody episode, you know that the advertising department doesn't need any more friends.

I have considered once or twice organizing a small Gaia Online-grouped protest outside of PETA headquarters to object to their attention whore ways, and then perhaps afterwards we can all hang out at MacArthur Mall and buy furs. Course, that's only a pipe dream at this point.  

RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Alektorphobia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:43 am
RyanJakobi
PETA has their national headquarters about 20 minutes from where I live (they're in Norfolk, you see), and as such I am usually the first exposed to their asshattery. If anyone recalls their little "Cooking Mama" parody episode, you know that the advertising department doesn't need any more friends.

I have considered once or twice organizing a small Gaia Online-grouped protest outside of PETA headquarters to object to their attention whore ways, and then perhaps afterwards we can all hang out at MacArthur Mall and buy furs. Course, that's only a pipe dream at this point.
I'd say a good old Anonymous raid would work better

And be worth the ultimate lulz  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:07 pm
Yep, an Anonymous raid.

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:15 pm
Do it naked! Do it naked! do it naked! heart

...Yeah, I'm a perv, but they're the ones who did it first! >:[  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:51 am
I'm waiting for PETA to announce it's marriage proposal to Fred Phelps, and then they can be the most hated couple in the entire world together.  

Rastiel

5,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100

Houshou

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:48 pm
While I agree that what they are doing is wrong. I gotta play the Devil's Advocate and look at it from the other side, before I can judge them.

Let's say that PETA has 100 stalls to hold animals up for adoption.
Each stall can have 2-3 animals in it.
That's an average of 250 animals.
15% of that is 36 (ish). So in one year they were able to give 36 animals a home.

Which would, on average, give them a remaining 214 Animals up for adoption.

However, one must also consider the wild number of Animals removed from the streets and abusive homes. That number could be quite high itself. Just because I'm using fake number's I'm gonna say it's 1,000 Animals in one Year.
So, with a shelter that can only hold on average 250 Animals, they get 1,000 Animals in, and only 36 adopted. Those numbers aren't very good, right now.

Total Animals = 1,250 <--Denominator
Animals left = 1,250 (100%)
Max Occupancy = 250 (500%)
Outbound = 36 (2.8%)

Now, most of the animals they take in, most likely out of an abusive family. I'm gonna say 70% of the 1,000 Animals is out of an abusive home, and each one has some sort of medical issue. So now they need to come up with money to administer Medical Treatment to each animal.
Let's say that the average amount is $2,000 per Medical Treatment. Multiplied by 700 (Number of Pets requiring Medical Treatment) = $1,400,000.

But to put a Pet Down costs $300 * 700 = 210,000.

So, it is financially cheaper for them to put a animal down, rather than Medically Treat it and bring it back to full health.

Now, of the 700 Abusive Pets, lets say that 33% of them have a condition where putting them down is thee best thing for them. Tumor of some sort, injury that became infected and never healed properly.
Sure, you could treat them, but in the end they would live the rest of their lives in some sort of pain. So as a mercy act its better to just put them to sleep.
So off the bat, 250 Animals are put to sleep. (rounding for easier numbers)

Animals Put Down = 250 (20%)
Animals left = 1,000 (80%)
Max Occupancy = 250 (400%)
Outbound = 36 (3.6%)

We still have a 750 Animal problem. Can only care for 250 Animals, and I've got 1,000.

I need to find a way to literally find a place for these animals.

If I were to lock them all up in a "Safe House". I'd be no better than one of the homes that was raided and removed most of these animals from. Putting them down is cheap and easy.
There's also, the medical world....

Lets say that the Medical World is looking to test some things. Let's say that the want 500 Animals.

That brings our numbers down to this:

Animals Put Down = 250 (20%)
Medical Examinees = 500 (40%)
Animals left = 500 (40%)
Max Occupancy = 250 (200%)
Outbound = 36 (7.2%)

And do to Age, Medical Treatment not Adequate Enough, and a Time Table. They end up 'losing' or putting down an additional 250 animals.

Bring their numbers to:

Animals Put Down = 500 (40%)
Medical Examinees = 500 (40%)
Animals left = 250 (20%)
Max Occupancy = 250 (100%)
Outbound = 36 (15%)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, while I do not enjoy the idea that the may do some of the things presented here in this post. By looking at it from another Point Of View, you can almost see as to why they make the decisions they do.
Do you honestly think that they do stuff like that because they like it? I would hope not.

So, when people say "Look at these Numbers! Somethings WRONG!" and start lighting a fire under every bodies feet...

Let's remember this simple idea  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:41 pm
Already you've made several flawed points, Houshou. For one, only VERY serious injuries and illnesses would require a bill of $2000 for veterinary care. When my cat's entire leg abscessed and they had to drain it and keep her at the vet, her bill only came to around $300. I've heard of quite a few animals who've had worse illness' or injuries that only came to $500. What you are describing sounds more like the cost for a large animal (horse for example) or cancer therapy, which is at a very low part of the spectrum since most horses are very well taken care of, and pets suffering that type of serious illness usually get put down anyways.
Also, putting down a pet is nowhere near $300. It's closer to around $40-60 (depending on the size of the pet, but I'm going between rats and dogs). Once again, showing lack of knowledge on actual veterinary costs.

Another flaw, PETA does not take animals from abusive homes. They take domesticated animals from laboratories or factories for the most part. The ASPCA handles abused animals, as well as other animal control places.

PETA are nothing but domestic terrorists. They ARE hypocrites.

IF I have said anything that seems wrong or misinformed, please lemme know.  

Alektorphobia

Kokoro Spirit

4,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:56 pm
My mom volunteers with a local animal rescue agency that shelters dogs and adopts them to good homes. She hates PETA cause they would rather put down an animal than adopt it to someone who doesn't belong to the organization.

I believe in some of the values PETA stands for though. I'm against the fur industry and hunting for sport.

But I'm not going to blow up a building for it.

PETA is just crazy. They aren't just hypocrites. They're crazy and they're Nazis. GET IT RIGHT.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:35 am
i hae PETA  

itxploded

Bakuram

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:51 am
awwwww...come on guys, you can't be mad at PeTA jus' because they discovered that killing animals is more profitable than saving them... rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:28 am
Let's not forget that PETA are attention whores.

For the past two years, they had tried to get a commercial into the Super Bowl, only to have it rejected since they were too "racy" (or at least that's what THEY claim. I think with the godaddy.com commercials that the NFL no longer really CARES about raciness) and then put onto the internet to create "buzz" and "hype" that eventually signified "nothing". So that's basically $3 million dollars of donations wasted by PETA's entrepreneurial marketing department. Oh, and let's not forget the BRILLIANT "Killing Mama" parody ads and comparing chickens to Holocaust victims. My, such CLASSY use of funds for a group that has lost all significant grasp on reality.

I'm gonna shop for Guy Fawkes masks now...  

RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:55 pm
RyanJakobi
Oh, and let's not forget the BRILLIANT "Killing Mama" parody ads and comparing chickens to Holocaust victims.

Hey, I got a funny wallpaper out of it. sad
That's worth something...  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas