Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Do you guys want an official forum?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you want a forum that isn't on Gaia?
  Yes
  No
View Results

L4NZERISANAZI

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:25 pm
Do you want an official forum off of Gaia? I could make one for this guild and I can get a free domain name! Just think about it biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:06 pm
Anybody could do that, unless you're talking about a free web host server that we'd own and a .com domain name.  

darkslasherX
Crew

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:25 pm
I think we've tried that in days of past, but it never really garnered enough support to become something more commonly used. In anycase, if the guild had ideas which to use media beyond what general forums can provide us, I don't think we'll be in need of another place on the web... just yet. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:15 pm
Well, I can get us vBulletin because I have cousins who buy loads of vBulletin packages and sells the licenses for a profit. I can get a vBulletin from them and vBAdvanced(vBulletin Portal page) is free. I can also get vBSEO which helps with traffic if you have many posts!  

L4NZERISANAZI

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:05 pm
Sorry, but I don't think that our forum based community needs a forum. The idea earlier was a website that we could put stuff on... like rules and guild-games.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:06 pm
I could've swore I've tried this before....  

-2 Z Zelly

L4NZERISANAZI

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:26 am
Lmfao o_o

I guess forums are only good for communities that are big to start with. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:29 am
You don't seem to get the point. I was trying to be nice earlier, but clearly that didn't illustrate this enough for you.

OK. This community IS A FORUM. Why would you make a forum for a forum? That would be like, if I built a wal mart, and you were like "hey man, lemme build a wal mart for your wal mart". It makes no sense. It even defeats the purpose of having the first wal mart since the second one right next to it will just divide sales (in this case posts)

What was proposed earlier was a website to store guild made media and in guild games, but this was shot down due to a lack of true interest.  

nitnit
Captain

L4NZERISANAZI

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:51 pm
For people who like games but not gaia? stare  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:34 am
That would defeat the purpose of having a gaia guild as a community in the first place.  

nitnit
Captain

L4NZERISANAZI

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:38 pm
But we could also use the forum to get people to play Gaia and we could use the invite a buddy thing so we'd help Gaia get more members and get stuff at the same time! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:23 am
But some of those members would remain inactive in this guild and possibly drag some active members away from this.  

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items