was the music from the twilight soundtrack not fitting Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

was the music from the twilight soundtrack not fitting
  YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  ugh, not at all
  i don't really care that much so GOLD!!!!!
View Results

CannibalGerbil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:27 am
i personally did not think that the music from twilight fit it at all. and did anyone else think the songs by robert pattinson sound like a dying cow. when i watched the movie it didn't really feel like twilight and i think its because of the music, but i don't really know, does anyone else have this feeling  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:56 pm
I thought that a couple songs were good. Decode was a good song and so was Supermassive Black Hole. I liked the song Eyes On Fire, thought it didn't have anything to do with Twilight, I didn't think. The song by Rob sounded like he was drunk and slurring, which he probably was. I Caught Myself was obviously written for Eclipse, so I'm not quite sure why it was on the TWILIGHT soundtrack. Going All The Way (Into The Twilight) was pretty much a joke in my eyes. Most songs that are based on books are done so in an abstract way, and this song was just so stupid. Flightless Bird, American Mouth didn't really make sense to me, but then I leaned that 1) Kirsten Stewart picked it out and then 2) the pictures of Kristen smoking a pipe came out, so I figured that you have to be high to understand the lyrics, so they made sense to her. Leave Out All The Rest was a really good song, but I think that it would be better for New Moon than for Twilight. Most of the other songs were alright.  

x~ Reyna ~x

Aradia Helevorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:40 am
I did not think so either. I mean, I like a few, as actual songs, but ones for Twilight? Not really to be honest. I wouldn't even own the soundtrack if I had not aquired it by accident.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:49 am
i have the soundtrack for new music..but for Twilight didn't quite fit..but not a lot of the movie fit soo it goes i guess  

Polyhymnia

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Junior Trader 100

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:40 am
CannibalGerbil
i personally did not think that the music from twilight fit it at all. and did anyone else think the songs by robert pattinson sound like a dying cow. when i watched the movie it didn't really feel like twilight and i think its because of the music, but i don't really know, does anyone else have this feeling

I LOVE YOU!!! HE SO SOUNDED LIKE A DYING COW!!! (only the cow was drunk at the same time)

Oh and I think that the majority of them did not fit the book OR the movie but Supermassive Black Hole ROCKS!!!

also

x~ Reyna ~x
Flightless Bird, American Mouth didn't really make sense to me, but then I leaned that 1) Kirsten Stewart picked it out and then 2) the pictures of Kristen smoking a pipe came out, so I figured that you have to be high to understand the lyrics, so they made sense to her.

I didn't know she picked that song but that is a VERY nice acid burn! *highfives*  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:11 pm
Yeah, I didn't bother buying the soundtrack... n.n Most likely not going to get the movie as well when it comes out. Maybe if like Steven Spielberg redid that movie or something, I would take an interest to it. I couldn't stand that "thing's" voice, most of all! It's like what you guys said: a slurring drunk cow. To be honest, he kinda looks like one, xD.  

La Beaute

xXserenitys-smileXx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:05 am
Kari Twilight Mist
CannibalGerbil

I LOVE YOU!!! HE SO SOUNDED LIKE A DYING COW!!! (only the cow was drunk at the same time)

Oh and I think that the majority of them did not fit the book OR the movie but Supermassive Black Hole ROCKS!!!

also

x~ Reyna ~x
Flightless Bird, American Mouth didn't really make sense to me, but then I leaned that 1) Kirsten Stewart picked it out and then 2) the pictures of Kristen smoking a pipe came out, so I figured that you have to be high to understand the lyrics, so they made sense to her.

I didn't know she picked that song but that is a VERY nice acid burn! *highfives*

I am agreeing with a lot of this. Agreement high five!

Ive gotten used to Rob singing, after all these months, im used to it.
I do however like the soundtrack as individual songs, and I think that they didn't do a good job of meshing with the movie. To me it was more like background noise that you tuned out to.

(Im sorry if my writing is gramatically incorrect, this is my last post before I go to bed).  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:59 pm
I didn't really pay very much attention to the music in the movie. xD  

NorthEastFire

piercing_golden_eyes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:14 pm
That question was confusing. Were you asking if it was fitting or not?

I personally loved the music. Most of it is stuff I usually wouldn't listen to, but I liked it, except for "Eyes on Fire" by Blue Foundation. That one was a little weird.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:26 pm
User Image

I don't think it fit well either. And I watched the movie before I read the novels.... and then when I did read Twilight I found myself finding that it didn't have the same feeling as in the book. I don't think it was because of the music, even though I mean even the main song, Decode by paramore wasn't fitting for the movie... the lyrics really don't go with the movie, the only thing that could possibly fit with the movie was the one like "But you think that I can't see. What Kind of Man that you are. If you're man at all. Well I will figure this on out. On my Own"

(though I love the song... and will think of Twilight when I hear it only because they used it for Twilight. gonk

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:59 pm
I actually thought most of the music went pretty well with the movie, but after seeing all of these other posts, I guess I'll have to watch the movie again when it comes out and re-evaluate. Maybe I missed something.

Where in the movie was Rob's song? I know it's on the soundtrack, but I thought it wasn't in the movie.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:08 pm
Glitterbean
I actually thought most of the music went pretty well with the movie, but after seeing all of these other posts, I guess I'll have to watch the movie again when it comes out and re-evaluate. Maybe I missed something.

Where in the movie was Rob's song? I know it's on the soundtrack, but I thought it wasn't in the movie.
User Image

I thought I heard it when they were in the restaurant? I just watched it again the other day... and I was listening to the music more closely and I'm pretty sure that's the scene with his song in it.

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

Shinju Umiko

Rainbow Reveler

17,575 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:53 am
I like the soundtrack, except for a couple of songs. It all turned out different than I thought, but it's cool. I learned to like a few different things, so...

I LOVE the score, though. I think it's perfect.

Also, I think I need to go home and watch the movie again soon. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:56 am
lol

I like the soundtrack... just thought some of the music wasn't really fitting for the movie.

I have the soundtrack just because I like the music rolleyes
I liked Spotlight, Eyes on Fire, and Supermassive Black Hole ninja

though... those are my favs but I loved the whole sound track especially Paramore's I caught myself and Decode. But I've loved paramore way before Twilight was around. So that's a little different lol. I was surprised to see they used Paramore for it. But it made me happy.  

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

pixiemystic

Hilarious Genius

4,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:21 am
i dont think that the music fit at all... it was not good at all.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff