Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Classic - Old - Independent Movies
The Day The Earth Stood Still and The New Remake

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which version was better?
  The original Black & White Film
  The Remake
View Results
rEaLiTy_vs_fAiRyTaLeS rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 7 Total: 15 (2-16)

rEaLiTy_vs_fAiRyTaLeS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:07 pm
The Day The Earth Stood Still was a classic black and white movie. Now it has been remade and i recently saw it. Personally I think they chose quite a good cast and they modernized it quite nicely. Still i have to say I prefer the old version to the new one.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:43 am
rEaLiTy_vs_fAiRyTaLeS
The Day The Earth Stood Still was a classic black and white movie. Now it has been remade and i recently saw it. Personally I think they chose quite a good cast and they modernized it quite nicely. Still i have to say I prefer the old version to the new one.

I posted one like this in the general section of the guild. Guess it got ignored... hahaha...

I'm in the same boat as you. I prefer the old one. It had a positive attitude on man changing his ways in order for Earth to become better as for the new one is just pessimistic.  

allmy9lives

The amazing hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:33 pm
i personaly perfer the new remake one. Why? Cause i perfer colored movis. Although some black and white movies are good too.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:59 pm
I detested the remake because they turned what was a brilliantly thoughful film into a stupid action movie. Gone were the real questions, and if not gone, only lightly touched upon while we gazed upon dull CGI and Reeves terrible acting. I agree that the film was a perfect film to update, to put some real depth behind enviromental concerns in the film, remove the Cold War references, or better yet, make people aware of the fact there are still lots of nukes lying around we don't even think about.
All said and done, I wasn't shocked when it turned out to be what it was, jsut disappointed.  

loIitoads

We Have A Winnar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:59 am
I flat out refuse to watch it. Casting Keanu Reeves in a remake of a classic film is just asking for disaster.
Other than that, an acquaintence of mine was hired to design the giant ball-of-death thing in the movie- they said that his designs were horrible and fired him, then they used his design. I know that such unethical events are common in the filmmaking industry, but since it's someone I actually know it's a bit more upsetting.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:20 pm
I love the original! I hated the remake. But then again, I usually don't like remakes. They seem to loose some magic in the process. I don't see anyone trying to repaint the Mona Lisa. Enough said. wink  

Atomic Pixie7

Classic - Old - Independent Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff