Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faith Black's Multi-purpose Friend Guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is a hangout for everyone on Gaia. Members are encouraged to talk about just about anything, plus, we have monthly giveaways! 

Tags: giveaway, contest, hangout, friend, game 

Reply Poetry, Novels, Writing & Literature
Let's Write a Story Together!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AngeredPoet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:28 am
Here's my idea: I'll start by writing a few sentences that are meant to be the introduction to a story. Then, some one else will come along & write more to what I've written, then someone else will write more to that & so on. Write a little, write a lot, a sentence, a page, it's entirely up to you.
I'll try to keep a full version (to the best of my abilities) on this first post, to make it easier to read it as a whole instead of reading all the individual posts.
I'm sure everyone here knows how a book is written. Quotes around what some one is saying, new paragraphs when needed, etc. If you want to say something that has nothing to do with the story, please put your words between double parenthesis ((la la la, like this)). Typos are fine, we all make mistakes. Feel free to introduce characters as needed, but please don't go changing the characters names. Makes it a bit confusing.

Okay! Here we go!

Eli squinted into the Desert sky, watching his circling hawk dive & bob with the wind. He'd forgotten to let her out in months, & was surprised that she hadn't run from him yet. At least that's one woman that doesn't run from me he thought.
Well, that was your fault. You didn't have to tell her anything, Raini thought to Eli. Yeah he could do the mind to mind thing with birds. Why only birds? Who knows...
I thought she was the one... "I didn't expect that reaction," he mumble the last bit to himself.
Maybe you shouldn't act so fast and tell her almost the whole story. Raini scowled Eli. We do have to keep some things a secret, with a little more gentler tone.
"I know..." Eli replied, kicking the desert sand with his worn out boots. Then remembering what he was suppose to do, Eli shaded his clear grayish eyes and looked around while standing on a little sand hill. He had amazing vision, but Raini could see a lot better.
Do you see anything yet? A village or water or... something? The water bag hung limp from Eli's back pack with only a mouth full of water.
Raini flew higher to get a better view. Nothing yet. A few miles out, there's a little lake. Do you think you can make it?
Eli sighed. That was what she said a few miles ago. What about a town, a village, a hut? Anything at all?
There's a shack about a half a mile to the West of where you're standing, but no sign of life. Other than that, just more desert.
Eli dragged himself across the sands inching closer and closer to the shack... No he really didn't do that though that thought didn't cross his mind. Raini laughed at him. Oh shut up. You can fly to the lake. I'm down here doing the work.
What work? Your just walking. My wings feel like they are being cooked, Raini retaliated.
Hand shading against the sun's killing rays in his eyes, Eli forced himself to walk the half mile to the shack. That was closer than the lake.
Pounding on the door in a series of quick beats, Eli scanned his surroundings. All desert.
From inside the shack, Eli heard some shuffling. He pounded on the door again saying, "Hello? Is there anyone there?" Eli looked through the dusty windows, but saw nothing. No sign of life, huh, Raini? he thought at her.
Well, excuse me for not seeing anything. She flew down to Eli and landed on the roof above him. Eli sighed and mumbled to himself, "Well, I'm going to see if there is anyone. Maybe it's just some rat or something."
Eli turned the door knob, expecting a locked door. The door was, in fact, open. Its' hinges creaked as the door swung inward. Raini flew down and landed on Eli's shoulder. Let's hurry up. This place give me the creeps. She ruffled her feathers for effect. Eli rolled his eyes at her and took a tentative step into the old shack.
There was a movement in the corner and both Eli's and Raini's heads turned swiftly in that direction. Eli walked over to the corner. A blanket shifted and moved. He grabbed the edge of the blanket and pulled it off in a quick jerk.
Both Raini and Eli were shocked to see a girl curled up and shivering; even in this terrible heat. Her hair was matted dirty blonde and was rather long. Her body looked so frail and delicate that Eli was afraid to touch her. He reached down and laid a hand on her shoulder and said, "Hello? Are you ok?"
Does she look ok? Raini snipped. This is what will happen to us if we stay in this desert too long.
Shut up, Raini.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:39 pm
Well, that was your fault. You didn't have to tell her anything, Raini thought to Eli. Yeah he could do the mind to mind thing with birds. Why only birds? Who knows...

I thought she was the one... "I didn't expect that reaction," he mumble the last bit to himself.

Maybe you shouldn't act so fast and tell her almost the whole story. Raini scowled Eli. We do have to keep some things a secret, with a little more gentler tone.

"I know..." Eli replied, kicking the desert sand with his worn out boots. Then remembering what he was suppose to do, Eli shaded his clear grayish eyes and looked around while standing on a little sand hill. He had amazing vision, but Raini could see a lot better.

Do you see anything yet? A village or water or... something? The water bag hung limp from Eli's back pack with only a mouth full of water.  

soupeh

FaithBlack2001
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:08 am
Raini flew higher to get a better view. Nothing yet. A few miles out, there's a little lake. Do you think you can make it?
Eli sighed. That was what she said a few miles ago. What about a town, a village, a hut? Anything at all?
There's a shack about a half a mile to the West of where you're standing, but no sign of life. Other than that, just more desert.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:43 am
Eli dragged himself across the sands inching closer and closer to the shack... No he really didn't do that though that thought didn't cross his mind. Raini laughed at him. Oh shut up. You can fly to the lake. I'm down here doing the work.
What work? Your just walking. My wings feel like they are being cooked, Raini retaliated.
Hand shading against the sun's killing rays in his eyes, Eli forced himself to walk the half mile to the shack. That was closer than the lake.

Pounding on the door in a series of quick beats, Eli scanned his surroundings. All desert.  

soupeh

Long Beloved Poster

Familiar Sex Symbol

8,350 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:02 pm
From inside the shack, Eli heard some shuffling. He pounded on the door again saying, "Hello? Is there anyone there?" Eli looked through the dusty windows, but saw nothing. No sign of life, huh, Raini? he thought at her.
Well, excuse me for not seeing anything. She flew down to Eli and landed on the roof above him. Eli sighed and mumbled to himself, "Well, I'm going to see if there is anyone. Maybe it's just some rat or something."
Eli turned the door knob, expecting a locked door. The door was, in fact, open. It's hinges creeked as the door swung inward. Raini flew down and landed on Eli's shoulder. Let's hurry up. This place give me the creeps. She ruffled her feathers for effect. Eli rolled his eyes at her and took a tenative step into the old shack.
There was a movement in the corner and both Eli's and Raini's heads turned swiftly in that direction. Eli walked over to the corner. A blanket shifted and moved. He grabbed the edge of the blanket and pulled it off in a quick jerk.
Both Raini and Eli were shocked to see a girl curled up and shivering; even in this terrible heat. Her hair was matted dirty blonde and was rather long. Her body looked so frail and delecate that Eli was afraid to touch her. He reached down and laid a hand on her shoulder and said, "Hello? Are you ok?"
Does she look ok? Raini snipped. This is what will happen to us if we stay in this desert too long.
Shut up, Raini.

((Sorry about the long first post. I wanted to get the new character at least introduced well enough for you to take it from here. Thanks. Have fun!!))  
Poetry, Novels, Writing & Literature

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games