Reply Gaiaholics Anonymous
Has anyone ever tried vending?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LolCow Loves Cheeze

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:57 am
I just read a whole buncha guides on vending, and I decided to use it to my advantage. My friend gave me a letter from this month as a present, so I've been opening a silent night, selling it, buying another letter, and repeating that process. I'm making gold like REALLY fast!

'Cept the other n00bish whores on the marketplace brought the low sell price down so I started doing it with January 08 letters.

If anyone wants/needs an assassins guise.... sweatdrop

You guys should try it sometime! It's so fun :33  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:30 am
ah yes buying and selling the market place game, i used to be an expert at that, could make 100's of thousand a day if i cared to. but that was long before the new marketplace i never did fully adapt to the new one.

here's a thread i participated in long ago, first post was on the 2nd page in it, way back in Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:59 pm, over 2 years ago eek

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=5805967  

Razin Frostdrake
Vice Captain

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:02 am
I don't play the market as often as I used to. It's getting to be a hassle over the "tax" with smaller items and they throw too many things into the mix (zOMG boxes, Fortune egg, GGR) that make the MP prices go crazy. Best time to play the letters is usually right before the MCs for that month are announced. People buy and sell like crazy, but it is a gamble. You can gain a lot of gold, or you can lose a lot of gold. I agree, it is fun though XD  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:43 pm
Karma v2
I don't play the market as often as I used to. It's getting to be a hassle over the "tax" with smaller items and they throw too many things into the mix (zOMG boxes, Fortune egg, GGR) that make the MP prices go crazy. Best time to play the letters is usually right before the MCs for that month are announced. People buy and sell like crazy, but it is a gamble. You can gain a lot of gold, or you can lose a lot of gold. I agree, it is fun though XD

Omg, it worked really well for me. I made 120k today! that's more then I've ever had <3
But I'm having trouble selling the items in there now. XD
Why does everyone resist the cuteness of my Hammi hat D:  

LolCow Loves Cheeze

Neiina

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:53 pm
ahaha, I used to do that, but I'm just not too good at that so I generally lose the money or make very little.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:22 pm
Super Organic
Karma v2

Omg, it worked really well for me. I made 120k today! that's more then I've ever had <3
But I'm having trouble selling the items in there now. XD
Why does everyone resist the cuteness of my Hammi hat D:

Wow! =o
Good job! I'm playing the "more gain over more time" game right now. I bought seal and penguin slippers for 730k each, so I'm up about 500k between the two right now. If you have the patience and the gold, buying and selling older MCs can be pretty profitable. It's kinda like stocks.

Just be patient. Some items move a lot faster than others. Hammi hat isn't one of the more popular old MC's, but you'll get your asking price eventually.  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Tamei Dukes

O.G. Dabbler

11,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:32 pm
User Image

I did really good when there wasn't the 2% thing. Now....not so much. Man I wish they would just take it off for one days o I can finish this quest.

I usually use sealeds when they first come out, I get bored too quickly though, and counting tax as s**t is a b***h. D<

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:59 am
[T_mama]
User Image

I did really good when there wasn't the 2% thing. Now....not so much. Man I wish they would just take it off for one days o I can finish this quest.

I usually use sealeds when they first come out, I get bored too quickly though, and counting tax as s**t is a b***h. D<

I HATE the tax. It's so distracting. I keep a log of the stuff I buy and sell, and if I forget to include tax in it, later I have to go back and fix ALL my totals. It's such a pain in the butthole.  

LolCow Loves Cheeze

Arthur Kirkland The Great

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:03 am
ya ive tried vending lol it is a good way to make money... now all i gotta do is get a good item to vend D<  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:50 am
Super Organic
[T_mama]
User Image

I HATE the tax. It's so distracting. I keep a log of the stuff I buy and sell, and if I forget to include tax in it, later I have to go back and fix ALL my totals. It's such a pain in the butthole.

eek man, you're organized, I don't even do that in RL purchases.  

Neiina

Gaiaholics Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff