Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
I want to get a CETME with my money. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:05 pm
But apparently I should buy something that 'retains' it's value. Something good that's accurate.

My mother's 'boyfriend' is the one suggesting that.

I don't like this commercial stuff. If I have to put work into something to make it better it's something that I wouldn't mind doing.

Sure, I could go and get a new car that's fast, but I'd much rather go out and get an old one, then make it fast.

I could go out and buy some generic rice burner put some ******** spoilers and some new intake s**t and it'll look like 15,000 other custom ricers.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:29 pm
Why ride a horse from L.A. to Vegas when you can take a car?  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:00 pm
Excuse the lame cliche, but stick to your gun.

It's your money. And if that damn assault rifle renewal law passes, you won't be selling your gun for at least 10 years if my reading of the bill is accurate.

Oh, and load up on ammo now. Every time I go by a sporting goods or gun shop, I see tons of ammo being snapped up now.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:24 pm
Indeed, Floyd has it.  

uryu ishida

Inquisitor Brock

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:13 am
www.jgsales.com

They should have a Cetme.

I got really lucky.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:59 am
Assuming the law does get passed in its entirety, what's the date set for it to come into effect? I doubt it's immediate.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Inquisitor Brock

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:55 am
Obama claims he doesn;t want to ban guns, but who knows?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:12 am
Floyd
Excuse the lame cliche, but stick to your gun.

It's your money. And if that damn assault rifle renewal law passes, you won't be selling your gun for at least 10 years if my reading of the bill is accurate.

Oh, and load up on ammo now. Every time I go by a sporting goods or gun shop, I see tons of ammo being snapped up now.

I don't sell anything of mine anyway. Only reason why I wanted to sell my Walther is because I wanted that PSL badly and I was strapped for cash.
sweatdrop

The only thing JG has for a Cetme is the 20 and 5 rnd mags.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:49 am
Inquisitor Brock
Yeah, but the NRA has quite a list of Obama quotes and votes which show the opposite.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:01 am
Fresnel
Inquisitor Brock
Yeah, but the NRA has quite a list of Obama quotes and votes which show the opposite.

Mind you, the first meaning to what he says more than likely isn't the truth.

Same with the Clinton's.

“I won’t take your guns away” ... "but I don't see why you need a semi-automatic"

Or the 'Assault rifle' deal.

He probably wont take them away, but he'll pass off all these 'wild life conservation' things that ban lead and make it ******** expensive as hell to even shoot if even possible.

Check out Kalifornia's proposed, or even enacted bans against using lead ammunition for hunting, recreational or target shooting.

Steel shot blows up barrels on old guns, it also doesn't work worth a ******** on birds. You have to use bigger loads which means you have less shot and a greater chance to miss, and also that s**t doesn't shoot right either.

That Bismuth crap they want you to use instead of lead for sinkers when fishing. That s**t isn't as dense so you'll need a bigger size to get the same weight as lead and the fish or birds are not getting lead poisoning.

All this 'omfg lead!' s**t originated from some antigun whackjob pseudoscience scientist.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:13 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Inquisitor Brock

Mind you, the first meaning to what he says more than likely isn't the truth.

“I won’t take your guns away” ... "but I don't see why you need a semi-automatic"

Or the 'Assault rifle' deal.

He probably wont take them away, but he'll pass off all these 'wild life conservation' things that ban lead and make it ******** expensive as hell to even shoot if even possible.

Check out Kalifornia's proposed, or even enacted bans against using lead ammunition for hunting, recreational or target shooting.

Steel shot blows up barrels on old guns, it also doesn't work worth a ******** on birds. You have to use bigger loads which means you have less shot and a greater chance to miss, and also that s**t doesn't shoot right either.

That Bismuth crap they want you to use instead of lead for sinkers when fishing. That s**t isn't as dense so you'll need a bigger size to get the same weight as lead and the fish or birds are not getting lead poisoning.

All this 'omfg lead!' s**t originated from some antigun whackjob pseudoscience scientist.
Yeah, they tried to pass that s**t here. Arizona is feeling a lot of pressure from Californians who move over here. We told them to get the ******** out of our state, so we still can use lead. And now we can CCW at the grand canyon, thank you US congress.

One year at the national matches, a bunch of protesters took a boat into a marked no-boat area where the bullets hit the water to protest the amount of lead we'd been dumping into the lake. You'd think that 100 years worth of lead bullets would have turned the water purple by now and killed every fish in twenty miles, but no, there's been no ecological real impact there. Anyway, the 'no boat' zone was marked off the the USCG (They have a 16" gun out there or something that uses the lake as an impact area too. IDFK what it is, but the whole camp shakes when it fires) so they brought a cutter out there, arrested everyone and fined them $1,500 or something per person, and impounded their boat. Took maybe half an hour. We've had longer delays due to bald eagles landing on the targets. Nice try, maybe next time?

EDIT: I just Googled 'bismuth poisoning' because it sounded familiar. Turns out it's uncommon but it does happen, and is very similar to lead poisoning. Also, bismuth dust will spontaneously combust and cannot be put out with normal means, because it's a class D fire. The easiest way to put out a class D fire is with a total vacuum.

Whoooooa, hold on here one second. Wikipedia says depleted uranium dust spontaneously combusts at normal temperatures. If that's true, than what's all this bullshit about DU dust causing cancer?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:42 am
My mother's boyfriend told me that some asshas in Minnesota wanted to have a law that would make all of kalifornia's laws automatically in effect here when they're put in effect in kali.

Cetme purchase is looking bad, given recent events.
*points at new thread*

Well, any firearm purchase that is.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:59 am
OberFeldwebel
My mother's boyfriend told me that some asshas in Minnesota wanted to have a law that would make all of kalifornia's laws automatically in effect here when they're put in effect in kali.

*points at new thread*

That sounds like a bill that would get immediately kicked out of Congress in about 45 states. But asshats will be asshats and they do have their right to introduce those bills.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:04 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

*points at new thread*

That sounds like a bill that would get immediately kicked out of Congress in about 45 states. But asshats will be asshats and they do have their right to introduce those bills.

Jesus, the people who want a bill like that should rent or buy a private jet and go like Paul Wellstone, one of the Kennedy's, Lynyrd Skynyrd and who else I may have forgotten.

Oh! Too soon!?

Anyway, due to recent events it's unlikely that I'll be getting the Cetme.
But you know, you guys on here, at least the ones with their own CETMEs might luck out! If I do end up getting the mag pack I might sell it to you!
Or, depending on my mood, I might just keep 4 mags to myself two pouches and maybe the cleaning kit as well, in the hopes of getting my own CETME in the future, and give the rest away in a giveaway!
12/4 = 3
If I do do that and only give 4 mags to a possible winrar that's two possible winners!
Unless we have like... only one person here that has a Cetme. That'd be unfortunate. sad

Why am I in a good mood?
Well, I might just go ahead and spend the money on a K31, ammo and I'll see how much is left over then.

Meh, the closest gun show on date is over 2 hours away. sad

I'm lucky sometimes, even if it's just for a minor thing.  

OberFeldwebel

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:20 pm
He doesn't know that firearm appeciate in value? neutral

Show him the prices on some NFA stuff, compared to what they USED to be. Hell, compare ANY firearm price with what they used to be.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff