Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krilliad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:45 pm
Heya, can someone post the beginning/end dates and signifigant evets of WWII

When America Joined
ALLIES
AXIS
Did Germans or Japs ever land on US soil?

I recently looked at an article and realized I have forgotten my history, that or I never had it....
Oh, and Guns, tanks, and aircraft if anyone has em.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:57 am
You're asking for a lot.

It might be easier, but definitely more costly, if you buy this;

http://www.motorbooks.com/Store/ProductDetails_35848.ncm

I bought it because I get a discount. Haven't looked at it yet though busy reading others.

I haven't seen any that were dedicated to WWII weaponry though.

http://www.motorbooks.com/Store/ProductDetails_40175.ncm

I have one that's kind of like it except it's the Wehrmacht

http://www.amazon.com/ESSENTIAL-TANK-IDENTIFICATION-GUIDE-Wehrmacht/dp/1904687466

It's that one there.
If it's anything like the one from Amazon it's got decals, armor thickness, what main guns they had, the works.

There's one of Patton's Army,

http://www.amazon.com/Weapons-Pattons-Armies-Michael-Green/dp/0760308217/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1230479797&sr=1-1

Essentially American stuff.  

OberFeldwebel

Thdark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:20 am
OberFeldwebel

I recently bought a book titled "Weapons of the Waffen SS", which, as it suggests, covers the weapons of the Waffen SS.
And by weapons, I mean Small-arms, support weapons, tanks, tank destroyers, some support vehicles, and a little bit on uniforms.

Nice book, but being the gun enthusiast I am, I was displeased when I found they labeled the P.08 Luger as the Walther P.38 and vice versa.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:28 am
Thdark
OberFeldwebel

I recently bought a book titled "Weapons of the Waffen SS", which, as it suggests, covers the weapons of the Waffen SS.
And by weapons, I mean Small-arms, support weapons, tanks, tank destroyers, some support vehicles, and a little bit on uniforms.

Nice book, but being the gun enthusiast I am, I was displeased when I found they labeled the P.08 Luger as the Walther P.38 and vice versa.

Argh!

Hmm, they should make a series dedicated to the actual weapons, then tanks (there is one I'm sure I packed an order for it on Wednesday), then the uniforms. There is one on the SS uniforms, I saw it when I was picking.

http://www.motorbooks.com/Store/ProductDetails_9283.ncm

There it is!

If it's anything like the one I got for any German Uniform WWI- today, it has good pictures, details, correct rankings, and pictures of the actual Era.
But since it's dedicated to such a specific date I'm sure it's way better.

I don't think they ever actually landed on American soil, but I think Japan had some kind of air balloon bomb delivery, can't remember where it hit though or if it ever did.  

OberFeldwebel

Thdark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:40 pm
OberFeldwebel
Thdark
OberFeldwebel

Argh!

Hmm, they should make a series dedicated to the actual weapons, then tanks (there is one I'm sure I packed an order for it on Wednesday), then the uniforms. There is one on the SS uniforms, I saw it when I was picking.

http://www.motorbooks.com/Store/ProductDetails_9283.ncm

There it is!

If it's anything like the one I got for any German Uniform WWI- today, it has good pictures, details, correct rankings, and pictures of the actual Era.
But since it's dedicated to such a specific date I'm sure it's way better.

I don't think they ever actually landed on American soil, but I think Japan had some kind of air balloon bomb delivery, can't remember where it hit though or if it ever did.
There's a very good book on the German uniforms that is not printed anymore, and is getting pretty expensive for how renowned it is. I'll try to find the name later.

As for Japans balloon bombing, it hit some low-population areas (Forests) and did minor damage because the fire just went out. Wet season and what not.

Can't be damned to find a source for that however.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:57 pm
http://www.bookmice.net/darkchilde/japan/balloon.html

Like this?

Yeah, I saw a book on German uniforms that had TAILOR schematics.
Damn thing went for 5 digits I think.  

OberFeldwebel

Thdark

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:14 pm
I bet that book would rofl

As for the uniform book I said I would find the name of it, well it's "Uniforms and Traditions of the German Army 1933-1945"

Real complex name there.

It came in 3 volumes, Vol. 1 being about uniforms, Vol. 2 about insignia and armbands, and Vol. 3 equipment and weapons.

They stopped printing in the 1980's, supposed to be on of the best books on the subject.

If I ever get the money I'll try to pick on up xP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:21 pm
$175 for 'new'
eek  

OberFeldwebel

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:28 am
Battlefield Reaper
Heya, can someone post the beginning/end dates and signifigant evets of WWII

When America Joined
ALLIES
AXIS
Did Germans or Japs ever land on US soil?

I recently looked at an article and realized I have forgotten my history, that or I never had it....
Oh, and Guns, tanks, and aircraft if anyone has em.
Well September 1, 1939 Germany invaded Poland. That's when and where the war officially began.

I don't know when specifically the war began for Italy, Japan, France, or GB. America stayed neutral until Japan attacked Pearl Harbor on 12/7/1941. America officially joined the war the next day. I don't think the axis forces ever really touched the continental U.S. officially. The closest that came to that were some kamakaze hot air balloons the Japanese made and trusted the worlds air currents to guide to the united states. The only one that worked (that I know of) landed here in Oregon (i think) and when it detonated it took out a sunday school class.

I'd like to talk more on all this WWII stuff but I have to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh6jgw-98nk

xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:21 pm
lol Benny Hill.

I saw that in a .GIF before, it's funny.  

OberFeldwebel

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:14 pm
Yeah I made the video in Windows Movie Maker and just merged the .gif and an .mp3 of Yakkety Sax. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:12 pm
The Japanese actually invaded Alaska.  

Inquisitor Brock

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:03 pm
Inquisitor Brock

In fallout 3, the commies invaded Alaska too.

Now, that invasion wasn't just those airballoon bombs right?
There was actual Japanese incursion right?

I heard a little bit about it but not a whole lot.
Kept under wraps?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:08 pm
OberFeldwebel
Inquisitor Brock

Kept under wraps?
Yup occupied a tone of islands and the germans managed to land some spies (Gentelmen) in the east coast.  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:09 am
Orkronos
OberFeldwebel
Inquisitor Brock

Kept under wraps?
Yup occupied a tone of islands and the germans managed to land some spies (Gentelmen) in the east coast.
SPIES BE SAPPIN' MAH DOCKYARDS!  
Q&A (Are YOU using this?)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces