Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Trespasser peeking in your window... What would you do? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What would you have done?
  What I did
  Stay quiet, get dad, try to catch him
  Go after him yourself
  Totally s**t your pants and scream
View Results

Anima_Raptor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:01 am
Alright, so bored of the internet, my gf busy playing Xbox at a friend's and feeling overall shitty from doing nothing but watching TV all day, i decided to go to the garage and call some college friends. Living in Florida during Xmas sucks, since tonight's low was 75, but thats beside the point.

Anyway, as im chatting, i happen to look over toward the garage door's windows, which are about a good 6 feet above the ground, and i see a pair of eyes peeking in. He couldnt see me apparently, but with the outside lights on, i could see a young adult with short dirty blond hair looking in. With a mix of adrenaline and anger, i yell, "get the ******** out of here you Mutha..." and he takes off.

Now, the next thing i did was truly the right thing to do, but this is where my dilemma is. Right after that, i ran back in the house, yelled for my dad, where he quickly grabbed his 9mm and ran outside. By then he was gone, but my dad walked around the house looking for him. A few moments later, the b*****d actually whistled from a good 4o yards away at us, and we ran after him, but again, we lost him in the forest. By this time the cops came and had choppers flying around with infrared's scanning the area, but they couldnt find him.

Oh and btw, we found a pile of s**t by my car that he apparently left before he decided to peek into the garage.

So here's the thing. I know i did the right thing, calling for my dad who was armed to defend me and my family, but at the same time, if i had kept quiet, i could have easily grabbed my dad's machete from the garage and chased him off, seeing where he had run off to or even dealt with him myself, or still stood quiet, but get my fire-armed dad deal with him, assuming he was still on the property.

Guys, what are your thoughts?

*Edit (this all happened around 12:45am tonight)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:34 am
What exactly do you mean by "take care of him myself"? Like... kill him? If not, then you mean chase him, which you did. If not, you mean hold him there until police arive. I'm confused.

I think you made the right choices, though. I would have acted about the same. Though I may have picked up a firearm along with my dad. I wonder if he was a robber or a killer or just some nutcase.  

ArmasTermin

Inquisitor Brock

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:34 am
I find it a bit hard to believe they called a chopper out just to look for some guy who looked through your window.

My first reaction would be to wonder why he'd lugged a ladder all the way up the hill to look through my window.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:44 am
As a fellow Floridian and a former "in the woods" guy, I'd have done similar. Instead of yelling for him, I'd have tried to snap a photo of him. Always nice to have something to show the police. Afterwards, good ol' fashion tools-turned-club.
Speaking of peeping toms, I had one fairly recent: last night. Douchebag was trying my locks, and, unfortunately for him, found one... in my office/storage room/computer room. Slid the window open, crept on in right next to me and didn't notice. I was working on my airsoft rifle at the time and had my springer revolver (complete with rotating cylinders and functional hammer) when I saw this stupid mother ********.
What I do? "*clicks the revolver* Hands up, on your knees." Dude pissed himself on my freshly mopped floor, which just pissed me off even more. The gaul to break in, then urinate on my freshly cleaned floors... I didn't have any handcuffs on hand, so I used the next best thing: my gun case' locks and some chain. Bound him down and called the police.
The thing that got my goat is I got a call from his lawyer this morning that he's pressing "Wrongful Imprisonment" charges on me. As they say, he's digging the hole deeper on himself. I go to court to testify against him the day before my birthday; hell of a celebration, putting someone in jail.  

Sidal

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:20 am
Sidal
Instead of yelling for him, I'd have tried to snap a photo of him.
Haha, I did that once. Kid was throwing rocks at the window of my dorm room. Wanted a face in case something got broken, 'cos these were grape-sized rocks. Nothing got broken and it turned out my roomie knew him and told me why he was doing it (it was a decent reason, but I've forgotten), so nothing ever came from it that I know of. Those windows, though... damn near bulletproof.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:10 am
I would have snuck around and bashed the window in his damn face. Would scare the s**t out of him.

After that i would wake up my dad while getting out my shotgun to go find the b*****d.  

war_junky 91

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:26 am
Well, if company was over I wouldn't have grabbed a gun when I went into the garage but usually if I'm alone or if my mother's around I carry one with me all the time.

If I didn't have a gun and the situation came up, I would grab the next best thing, the nearest blunt object I could find, I have a few crowbars in the garage.
I'd call the cops maybe snap a pic too, and wait for him to walk in, and as soon as he does, he's getting a face full of blunt damage.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:24 am
Why did you have to call your dad to have a firearm!?

You should have one yourself.  

uryu ishida

Anima_Raptor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:55 am
ArmasTermin
What exactly do you mean by "take care of him myself"? Like... kill him? If not, then you mean chase him, which you did. If not, you mean hold him there until police arive. I'm confused.

I think you made the right choices, though. I would have acted about the same. Though I may have picked up a firearm along with my dad. I wonder if he was a robber or a killer or just some nutcase.

As in, chased him off the property with the machete near the garage door, and if i had caught up to him, give him a few nice cuts to remember me by.

And no, did didnt chase him, at least at first. The moment i saw him i yelled at him then ran back inside, where as i wish i has run after him as my first action.

And we think hes just a nutcase, since our neighbors reported seeing him through their windows as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:58 am
Inquisitor Brock
I find it a bit hard to believe they called a chopper out just to look for some guy who looked through your window.

My first reaction would be to wonder why he'd lugged a ladder all the way up the hill to look through my window.

Trust me, we were surprised too. It must have been luck that the chopper wasnt too far, and when i jokingly asked the officer if they had called in 'airsupport', he confirmed it

Thing is, he didnt have a ladder. The guy was 6'3", and he simply just looked into the garage windows, which are on the uppermost part of the door. Thats why i only got to see the top half of his face. He must have gotten curious as he heard me talking on the phone and looked in.  

Anima_Raptor

Anima_Raptor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:02 pm
Sidal
As a fellow Floridian and a former "in the woods" guy, I'd have done similar. Instead of yelling for him, I'd have tried to snap a photo of him. Always nice to have something to show the police. Afterwards, good ol' fashion tools-turned-club.
Speaking of peeping toms, I had one fairly recent: last night. Douchebag was trying my locks, and, unfortunately for him, found one... in my office/storage room/computer room. Slid the window open, crept on in right next to me and didn't notice. I was working on my airsoft rifle at the time and had my springer revolver (complete with rotating cylinders and functional hammer) when I saw this stupid mother ********.
What I do? "*clicks the revolver* Hands up, on your knees." Dude pissed himself on my freshly mopped floor, which just pissed me off even more. The gaul to break in, then urinate on my freshly cleaned floors... I didn't have any handcuffs on hand, so I used the next best thing: my gun case' locks and some chain. Bound him down and called the police.
The thing that got my goat is I got a call from his lawyer this morning that he's pressing "Wrongful Imprisonment" charges on me. As they say, he's digging the hole deeper on himself. I go to court to testify against him the day before my birthday; hell of a celebration, putting someone in jail.

Ah, so you can relate XP

And thats nuts that you were able to subdue someone with airsoft tech XD

And puttign someone in jail? Hell yes... i wish i could have done the same >___<  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:04 pm
Fresnel
Sidal
Instead of yelling for him, I'd have tried to snap a photo of him.
Haha, I did that once. Kid was throwing rocks at the window of my dorm room. Wanted a face in case something got broken, 'cos these were grape-sized rocks. Nothing got broken and it turned out my roomie knew him and told me why he was doing it (it was a decent reason, but I've forgotten), so nothing ever came from it that I know of. Those windows, though... damn near bulletproof.

Ah, yeah, maybe if i had tried to take a pic with my phone i could have gotten something, then again it was past midnight and the re son the camera sucks.  

Anima_Raptor

Anima_Raptor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:05 pm
war_junky 91
I would have snuck around and bashed the window in his damn face. Would scare the s**t out of him.

After that i would wake up my dad while getting out my shotgun to go find the b*****d.

Yeah, thats where i wished i hadnt yelled at him. If i could have gotten the sneak on him then called out my dad, he's probably be in jail right now.. or the hospital ^___^  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:11 pm
OberFeldwebel
Well, if company was over I wouldn't have grabbed a gun when I went into the garage but usually if I'm alone or if my mother's around I carry one with me all the time.

If I didn't have a gun and the situation came up, I would grab the next best thing, the nearest blunt object I could find, I have a few crowbars in the garage.
I'd call the cops maybe snap a pic too, and wait for him to walk in, and as soon as he does, he's getting a face full of blunt damage.

Yes, there are plenty of blunt objects in the garage that could have proven useful, but the machete would have been my choice, since its a bit scarier then a wrench or crowbar. =P

Man, when the adrenaline of a potentially dangerous person invading my privacy kicked in, i kinda wish the more aggressive side of me kicked in and i would have done something alittle more proactive... curse myself for doing the right thing >___<  

Anima_Raptor

Anima_Raptor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:12 pm
uryu ishida
Why did you have to call your dad to have a firearm!?

You should have one yourself.

Yes, and for being a part of the GGE i am ashamed >__<

Ive thought about it for quite awhile, but had never gotten around to it. Now, this incident has kind of been a wake up call. Im sure ill go gun shopping with my dad soon.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff