Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 2
What "Type" of families do you have in your neighborhood? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Noembelu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:03 pm
If you're confused by the topic title....let me try to explain:

What kind of families populate your neighborhood? Meaning, are they rich, poor, friendly, snobby, etc.?

The type of families that populate my neighborhood are moderately rich upper-middle class and a few high-class ones.

There's only maybe two poor families, which live on the less-favorable side of town. But, they're the most fun to play.

I have 30 families total, and they're all cliche's.

The type of families I have are:

The SUPER-rich "money is no object" family.
The snobby, "Ralph Lauren" WASP family.
The average "All-American" family.
The free-spirited bohemian family.
The family known for its soccer-mom.
The dirt-poor, white-trash family.
The work-aholic stress family.
The newly-wed family.
The young, hip, "party-animal" family.
The 50's family.
The old retired nautical family.

The list goes on.

Discuss:

Anything related.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 pm
All of mine are super rich D:

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:43 am
All of mine are boringly similar. They all have happy marriages with at least one kid. I have about two scandals going out of all three neighbourhoods.

I am actually trying to keep the Pleasants and Dreamers from having ordinary lives though. Lillith is currently dead after being a vampire and burning to death. Angela is in university studying to get a job in the paranormal career so that she can bring her sister back to life who I then plan on getting together with Dirk. They already have a crush on each other.
Darren refuses to get a job and is living off of paintings he sells and hopefully he will open a community store if he ever saves up enough.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:44 am
Hey moon, please forgetto fall down.... Hey moon dont'cha go down....

Ehh, mine are all kindof similar.

I start them out with nothing, they end up being rich and full of aspiration by the 6th generation, I move them into cheap apartment, they save to move into huge mansion, they go untouched in huge mansion.

I occasionally try to make things interesting, with a Mother who is VERY shy and ignores her family to work on her art/collect art, + A party animal dad, with a Model student daughter focused on her (Slightly abnormal) family, and a little brother who is borderline failing out of school, and the only person he listens to is his sister....

Storylines make families more interesting. :b

MarianasLlama

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200

Lil Liin

Greedy Gaian

2,150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:18 am
Oh, I love playing poor people. Being rich is too easy.

I also like diversity so all households are different. I tend to copy cool people from real life and make them sims. Like a friend from work who came from Iran with a huge family, and my best friends family (they we're so nice to everyone).  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:26 am
i usually have all the families i create work their way to the top. it's especially fun to buy a 2 bedroom house with 2 adults and 6 children. whenever i play them, at least 3 of the kids end up getting slammed for poor grades. maybe i'm just not good w/ sim children...

oh wow, sixth generation? i can't even bring myself to get to creating a second. the thought of my sims dying is too depressing for me...i've developed so many close ties w/ them all. unless they are the rich, snooty sims. god knows i can't relate to them!  

Alkilas

Noembelu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:54 am
oOllamaOo

I start them out with nothing, they end up being rich and full of aspiration by the 6th generation, I move them into cheap apartment, they save to move into huge mansion, they go untouched in huge mansion.

I occasionally try to make things interesting, with a Mother who is VERY shy and ignores her family to work on her art/collect art, + A party animal dad, with a Model student daughter focused on her (Slightly abnormal) family, and a little brother who is borderline failing out of school, and the only person he listens to is his sister....

See.....I could never have storylines like that, I get too worried that something might happen that'll change the family forever.

The most "interesting" I've gotten was having a wife who was OVERLY promiscuous by having sex with the male maid, mail man, pizza boy, and even some of her neighbors.

That's as far as I'll go.....

I plan on having my lazy, party girl sim get knocked up, then have her baby purposely taken away by social services. Then, possibly have the baby get adopted (cause babies taken away are FIRST to get adopted by someone else) by the newlywed couple who ((by imagination)) can't have a baby, and then have the party girl try to fight with them for her baby back.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:53 am
Noembelu

I plan on having my lazy, party girl sim get knocked up, then have her baby purposely taken away by social services. Then, possibly have the baby get adopted (cause babies taken away are FIRST to get adopted by someone else) by the newlywed couple who ((by imagination)) can't have a baby, and then have the party girl try to fight with them for her baby back.
That sounds like an awesome idea for a story.

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

MarianasLlama

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:42 pm
Alkilas
i usually have all the families i create work their way to the top. it's especially fun to buy a 2 bedroom house with 2 adults and 6 children. whenever i play them, at least 3 of the kids end up getting slammed for poor grades. maybe i'm just not good w/ sim children...

oh wow, sixth generation? i can't even bring myself to get to creating a second. the thought of my sims dying is too depressing for me...i've developed so many close ties w/ them all. unless they are the rich, snooty sims. god knows i can't relate to them!

Getting that far is really really hard for me too, especially when I start gettting to the point where the children that were actually BORN in the family, from the start, dying of old age, it's just like, woah.... =(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:57 pm
Haha, "the family known for its soccer mom."
xD I'll have to make one of those sometime. Although there are no SUVs in the Sims. [at least not in the expansion packs I have]

I usually have a bunch of middle class average families:
two parents, balding middle aged father who spoils his young daughter, who is usually a brat and dresses in all pink. o_o [don't ask]
Single mother raising two twin boys/girls, completely opposite from the other.
Average African American family, mother and father, two teens and a child.
Average Caucasion family, usually similar to above.
Average Asian family, similar
"Farmer" family, with about 3 children with freckles and red/blonde hair
Then there's a bunch of randomly assorted families, and a couple bachelors/bachelorettes that I match up and they make babies.

C:

Lunar-Escape

Noembelu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:24 pm
Lunar-Escape
Haha, "the family known for its soccer mom."
xD I'll have to make one of those sometime. Although there are no SUVs in the Sims. [at least not in the expansion packs I have]

I usually have a bunch of middle class average families:
two parents, balding middle aged father who spoils his young daughter, who is usually a brat and dresses in all pink. o_o [don't ask]
Single mother raising two twin boys/girls, completely opposite from the other.
Average African American family, mother and father, two teens and a child.
Average Caucasion family, usually similar to above.
Average Asian family, similar
"Farmer" family, with about 3 children with freckles and red/blonde hair
Then there's a bunch of randomly assorted families, and a couple bachelors/bachelorettes that I match up and they make babies.

C:

I use the minivan for the soccer-mom families.

And I have a farmer family, too. Their house is SO tacky "southern debutante".....and they have all these pictures of country scenery with cows and people playing banjos ((lol @ custom content)).  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:29 am
Noembelu
oOllamaOo

See.....I could never have storylines like that, I get too worried that something might happen that'll change the family forever.

The most "interesting" I've gotten was having a wife who was OVERLY promiscuous by having sex with the male maid, mail man, pizza boy, and even some of her neighbors.

I'm always afraid to do something like THAT. Last time I had an overly promiscuous mother, she got caught, and then eventually after every time she would woohoo, her 'guest' would lose all interaction options, and just leave.

Quite strange.

MarianasLlama

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200

Noembelu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:39 pm
oOllamaOo
Noembelu
oOllamaOo

I'm always afraid to do something like THAT. Last time I had an overly promiscuous mother, she got caught, and then eventually after every time she would woohoo, her 'guest' would lose all interaction options, and just leave.

Quite strange.

I've never had a promiscuous sim get caught, strangely. o.o

Also, I've never played my Sims long enough to make them get caught purposely. Something always makes me uninstall the game......but hopefully, this time will be different.....cause I am NOT creating all those houses and sims again.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:55 pm
Noembelu
oOllamaOo
Noembelu
oOllamaOo

Quite strange.

Also, I've never played my Sims long enough to make them get caught purposely. Something always makes me uninstall the game......but hopefully, this time will be different.....cause I am NOT creating all those houses and sims again.

Why uninstall?

During my non-sim phases, I just let it rot on my computer. xD

MarianasLlama

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200

Noembelu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:59 am
oOllamaOo
Noembelu
oOllamaOo
Noembelu
oOllamaOo

Quite strange.

Why uninstall?

During my non-sim phases, I just let it rot on my computer. xD

I have OCD with games. ONLY with games.

If I feel like something has gone wrong, or if I'm just in a bad mood, I just uninstall and re-install later when I'm feeling better. It's worse with console games, though.

The problem's gotten better, though. I no longer do it as often as I used to, and I know I'm DEFINATELY not gonna uninstall Sims 2, cause it took me 2 months to make Sims, houses, lots, etc.....  
The Sims 2

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff