Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Soap and Candle Making

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which would you rather get as a gift
  Yummy Soaps!
  Beautiful Candles <3
View Results

Drowtung

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:16 am
Today when I was at the craft store I jumped in and bought supplies to start soap and candle making!

I have never done this before, but have been coached through the very basics. I was wondering how many people have experience in either or both of these crafts? And if so, do you have any hints, tips, or recommendations for me?

I do hope I am not the only one here who wants to pursue these neat avenues in crafting!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:02 am
Soaps are more useful, I think!

But then, I'm biased because I make soaps as a hobby. Soaps are easier to dive into as a craft, too, I've heard. There's a lot more patience involved in candlemaking, where as certain types of soapmaking is an instant gratification sort of thing.  

sammysoblue

Drowtung

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:59 am
I was about to make my first candle this morning but when I went to heat up the wax I read that I will need a thermometer since the wax can catch on fire if heated to high. I never thought about this. I am very glad I read the box!

But I agree with you. It appears that soaps are much more quickly finished and has less complicated steps.

Well, soon I will be off to the store and begin making my first candle later! i will report!  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games