Are we human?
  Or are we dancer?
  My sign is vital,
  My hands are cold.
View Results

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:23 pm
Habit breaking is a relatively common new years resolution and even if you didn't make a resolution to break that bad habit, are there any you're trying to get rid of?

I thought of it becasue I'm a terrible nail biter. My nails were always short and ragged from me chewing on them. So I accidentaly discovered how to get myself to stop. I paint my nails. I had them painted for Homecoming back in September and I realized that I wasn't biting my nails at all with the nail polish on. I thought about it and also realized I have this paranoia that if I bite my nails with nail polish on I'll poison myself somehow. I know that is completely untrue but as long as it's stopping me from biting my nails I don't mind.

My favorite color to paint now them is metallic blue. At the moment I painted it over gunmetal gray so they're kind of blue-black.

The other bad habit I really need to get rid of is my procrastination. I'm a terrible procrastinator as well.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:39 pm
I still bite my nails once in a while but its not as bad as it was before. I did manage to stop chewing my hair years ago.

I'm terrible at procrastination......this year I'm going to try to manage my time better.  

0Moon_Maiden0

Fate-J

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:41 pm
i seriously need to STOP feeding on food whenever im stressed out!!! AND stop procastinating and get work DONE BEFORE the LAST minute scream  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:06 pm
Haha, looks like we all need to stop procrastinating.

When I'm stressed I can't eat though. Even if my stomach is hungry I look into the pantry or refridgerator and nothing appears appetizing. I actually feel kind of disgusted forcing myself to eat when I'm stressed and my stomach is hurting because I'm hungry.

I stopped chewing my hair when my grandfather's girlfriend told me chewing my hair was going to give me holes in my stomach. I have no idea how true that was since I've never researched it but when I was seven it scared me and I stopped then.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Fate-J

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:17 pm
hah, i guess procrastinating keeps us human..

i never chew my hair. it just didnt occur to me...
the only time when im stress and im not eating is when im on the point of exasperation>.< or when im too sick or tired to-.-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:06 am
When I was little I just did. I remember I liked doing it when I got out of the bath because I liked sucking the water out of it and I guess it just became a habit.

And that's bad. I was really sick once last year and I don't remember eating anything that weekend I was sick. I'm sure I did eat because I don't remember feeling hungry but I ate the minumum I could. I'm pretty laid back so I usually don't stress a lot either. I can tell I'm really stressed when I don't want to eat.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:14 pm
I also need to stop procrastinating.

I have another horrible habbit. Whenever I'm super pissed off, I always punch myself to relieve stress. I have a stress ball, but it's messed up because I stabbed it with a knife so many times.
I have bruises on my arms, legs, and probably my head. I just can't help it, I get so mad.

:/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:27 pm
Procrastination.... sweatdrop  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Funem

Sparkly Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:52 pm
This year, my Habit Resolution was to actually say things because I wanted to say them. Not because someone else wanted me to or because it is the expected reaction. I also vowed to work more on my own happiness than other people's - a nasty habit to have.

I have to work on myself to make myself happy. When I am happy, everyone else around me will be Happy. I will no longer worry what other's think of me. I am smart and that is a good thing. I am tall and that is a good thing. I am thicker and that is a very good thing because I have curves when they don't smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:54 pm
Funem
This year, my Habit Resolution was to actually say things because I wanted to say them. Not because someone else wanted me to or because it is the expected reaction. I also vowed to work more on my own happiness than other people's - a nasty habit to have.

I have to work on myself to make myself happy. When I am happy, everyone else around me will be Happy. I will no longer worry what other's think of me. I am smart and that is a good thing. I am tall and that is a good thing. I am thicker and that is a very good thing because I have curves when they don't smile

I've been working on that first one you said, saying things just because people expect me to say them rather than saying what I want. It's a tough habit to break once you've got it.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces