Reply Chatterbox/Humor
<insert rage here>

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:46 pm
Ok I've been having problems on my computer with Windows so I decided to go with Linux. I post a thread in C&T to get started on Linux and got a link and everything needed to start downloading. I start the download at 9:30 am while everyone is still asleep. It's 700mb so I figure by noon it should be done if I'm lucky. My grandpa then gets up and finds out I'm downloading this OS on his computer since my computer won't even boot. He gets upset because he always thinks I'm going to ******** up his computer. I explain how I'm making a boot disk and he figures that will be fine so he lets me do that. After a while he decides he wants me to hook up his voice recognition software so he can speak and have the computer type for him. First off he expects me to read a 140 page manual I figure that things will pretty well be set up in the order I need to learn stuff so I start with Chapter 1 which is about the initial installation. I ask my grandpa for the disk and he says I'm not supposed to install the program until I close all other programs (meaning he did not want me to install the software until my download is done). I look through the manuals instructions for installation and it doesn't say that anywhere at all. I explain to him that the instructions never said that so he gets pissed off at me for not following directions.

It really pisses me off how he will always tell people how handy I am with a computer, but when he wants me to fix something for him he won't leave me the ******** alone because he doesn't think I know what I'm doing. Essentially he comes to me for help then refuses to acknowledge that I know what I'm doing. Last time I checked I have a college credit in CS101 which is a computer class. I try to fix something and I'm always doing it wrong in his mind. Then if I can't figure out how to do it his way then I'm the idiot that doesn't know what he's doing.

Finally he just decided he would take his computer to his friend to have it done. I was a little over 2/3 of the way through the download of my OS and he expects me to just stop the download after 3 1/2 hours. All of that waiting to get this s**t done and for ******** nothing! Now I have to download it again. He left his backup computer here, but I'm not going to bother downloading it. As soon as he gets home he will expect me to unhook everything and hook his main computer up again.

scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hmm, I guess firefox doesn't have a built in manager.

Check out flashget, or see if they have any torrents for Linux.  

OberFeldwebel

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:04 pm
You know how it is though. Everyone around you can get pissed and express their anger however they want, but God forbid you ever get mad. ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:08 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
You know how it is though. Everyone around you can get pissed and express their anger however they want, but God forbid you ever get mad. ninja

Oh yeah I do.

The one day when the oven was acting up, I was walking to it and walked past my mother, I brushed my hand on her shoulder and she went, "Did you just push me?!~?!!!REOKR@!O{IR@!RNKLGEIPGDasahiopasdgasdgasdghoasfhiopasfhiosfhd"!?"?!!?!@12?"?

... ******** hell.
And just the other day she ACTUALLY pushed me aside with her hand.
Didn't say d**k because she would have turned it into something.  

OberFeldwebel

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:17 pm
Yeah. While my grandpa was pissing me off with this bullshit my sister decided she was going to take my cell phone headset and use it. She doesn't even ask permission anymore she just takes it. I didn't know where it was so she just walks into my room and says she is going to look for it once again not asking permission. I try to be somewhat polite and I tell her I don't appreciate her walking into my room and searching through my stuff without permission and that I was pretty sure she would expect the same from me. She gets all pissed off because I'm "biting her head off". Well s**t happens though.

rofl rofl rofl
Actually my sister really is a piece of work. She doesn't even bother trying to control her anger or hate but she HAS to be the one to make sure everybody else controls theirs. No matter what she is right and justified. It's like she's on her period every day of the month.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:17 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Yeah. While my grandpa was pissing me off with this bullshit my sister decided she was going to take my cell phone headset and use it. She doesn't even ask permission anymore she just takes it. I didn't know where it was so she just walks into my room and says she is going to look for it once again not asking permission. I try to be somewhat polite and I tell her I don't appreciate her walking into my room and searching through my stuff without permission and that I was pretty sure she would expect the same from me. She gets all pissed off because I'm "biting her head off". Well s**t happens though.

rofl rofl rofl
Actually my sister really is a piece of work. She doesn't even bother trying to control her anger or hate but she HAS to be the one to make sure everybody else controls theirs. No matter what she is right and justified. It's like she's on her period every day of the month.

Sounds like it's time to leave. Mhm.  

ArmasTermin

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:09 pm
Well I don't have a diploma or even employment so if I leave the only place I have to stay is under the bridge.

I complain about my family alot, but they are good people. My grandpa can annoy the hell out of me, but I have alot of respect for him. I was born around the time he was supposed to retire and spend his final years in leisure, then my parents lost custody of my sisters and me. They chose to adopt us to keep the family together and raised us as if we were their own. Never once did they ever act like it was an obligation.

I guess the above was just me expressing frustration. I've calmed down and feel much better.

ALSO: Hello from the world of Linux. This is my first forum post from Ubuntu. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:05 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel

Same here. Older or younger?  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:16 am
My sister was a total b***h until she started living with my dad.

She called me up yesterday and asked for money. I said that I didn't have any then with a little pause I said that I didn't have any on me either... you guys know why.
But then she asked again if I had any money in the bank. neutral
I told her that I don't have any money and she asked me why so I told her that it went to paying bills.
stare

She had one job but, "It was disgusting and the manager's a b***h."
Then she broke her foot and damaged the cartilage in both ankles so she hasn't looked for a job since then.
She's out of the boot but I'm not sure if she can work yet.

She smokes so I'm guessing that's what the money is for.
Last time it was for some fleece material for making a blanket.
I'm not sure how much it is but she asked for $20.

Thankfully my mother isn't like, 'omfg don't break it!' but she does go, "OMFG! INTERNET IS BROKEN!!!!11!11!one!11" when the ISP's website is under maintenance or temporarily down.
Yeah don't try any other site, ******** troubleshooting it doesn't work at all right? Just yell at me when something doesn't work right.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:52 am
Someone tries that s**t on me, and I tell them, straight up, "you asked me to do this because you can't do it yourself. I can. So please, let me work."  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Maelthra Reloaded

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:58 pm
I just give them a "********" and if they do, I can work. Otherwise they know I won't do it for them, or ever do it for them razz  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:24 pm
Fresnel
Someone tries that s**t on me, and I tell them, straight up, "you asked me to do this because you can't do it yourself. I can. So please, let me work."

+1 rofl

Ober: Why were you out of money? I forgot.
When your mom pushed you, you should have grabbed her arm and flipped her
Example 1
Example 2  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:17 am
How about I flip her like Sgt. Roebuck flips Tojos?

Oh, I'm out of money because I'm saving it for the M1 Carbine.

Hope they still have them when I go up.
I have to wait for my paycheck.
stare

Hopefully I get it today, if not it'll be on Friday.
... but I don't work on Friday, but they are doing direct deposit.

But Friday is when my mother's boyfriend is back. stare

... I hope I get the ******** paycheck today, that way I wont have to sneak the gun around two people to avoid the Anti-Surplus Flak.

Oh yeah, I forgot about something.
My mother, in an effort to keep me from buying more surplus guns before they go up in price, told me to save my money for a new safe.
... a new safe that will stay the same price and on certain days be on sale.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:35 am
OberFeldwebel
How about I flip her like Sgt. Roebuck flips Tojos?

Oh, I'm out of money because I'm saving it for the M1 Carbine.

Hope they still have them when I go up.
I have to wait for my paycheck.
stare

Hopefully I get it today, if not it'll be on Friday.
... but I don't work on Friday, but they are doing direct deposit.

But Friday is when my mother's boyfriend is back. stare

... I hope I get the ******** paycheck today, that way I wont have to sneak the gun around two people to avoid the Anti-Surplus Flak.

Oh yeah, I forgot about something.
My mother, in an effort to keep me from buying more surplus guns before they go up in price, told me to save my money for a new safe.
... a new safe that will stay the same price and on certain days be on sale.
I got my safe from the Sportsman's Guide for a hundred bucks. Had to build it myself, but that part was actually pretty fun. And you, living where you do, can avoid the $20 shipping charge too. This one. It's not a safe, per se. It's not fireproof, and if you tried long enough you probably could rip it open with a crowbar, but it'd take a bit. Also, the key is double-sided, and the sides don't match, so picking it would be a b***h and a half.

I guess what I'm saying is, even a cheap safe is pretty good so long as you don't expect your house to burn down.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:49 am
I have a steel one that's a bit like that.  
Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games