View Results

Tanis Majere

Friendly Trader

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:55 pm
I just wanted to ask if any of you have heard of an event called Day of Silent Solidarity? If so Have you ever done it. I'll post next what it is. Post any stories ya'll have.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:59 pm
Day of Silent Solidarity is a day of the year where christians all over the world choose to speak out against abortion with silence. Now your allowed to talk to explain to people why your doing this including teachers, friends who want to join, or mothers thinking about aborting. There's this site that has all the info and they tell you all the things legally we can do. On the day people joined in it wear a piece of red tape or clothes with Life written on it meaning that we choose life.  

Tanis Majere

Friendly Trader

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

DOVE_SAVED_BY_GRACE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:05 pm
Interesting.
We have a day of silence, but that's to stop violence against those who are homosexual, etc...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:24 pm
Days of Silence are always very interesting. I don't know if they're very effective though... it would definately be a worth-while case study... the effectiveness of a silent message verses say holding signs, meetings, awareness conferences, education programs, etc...  

Beth Turner
Captain

Tanis Majere

Friendly Trader

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:13 pm
Its actually quite successful. Thousands of women have chosen to keep their children because of this. The name of their site is:http://www.silentday.org/ type it in and check it out.  
Questions and Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games