Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply New Moon
Leave Disney OUT Of New Moon! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who do you want to play Leah Clearwater?
Vanessa Hudgens
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Brenda Song
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Other (it would be nice if you posted a picture if you are thinking of a specific person)
91%
 91%  [ 44 ]
Total Votes : 48

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:21 pm
Well, as many of you may already know, there are rumors flying about the casting of Leah Clearwater. The two supposedly being considered are Vanessa Hudgens (commonly known as Gabriella Montez in the High School Musical trilogy), and Brenda Song (commonly known as London Tipton on The Suite Life Of Zack And Cody).

Now, I don't know about you, but this completely horrifies me! I cannot imagine either of the two, who both play very innocent, happy girls (especially Vanessa Hudgens), as the hard, cold, critical Leah Clearwater we know and love. Of, course, Leah has an extremely small part in New Moon, but I really don't want to see either of them up there.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike or hate either of those actors (High School Musical is my guilty pleasure . . .), I just think leave the Disney actors in the cheesy Disney movies we all love. That's why they're Disney actors. Best suited for Disney movies that does not quite require the same skill level other movies do (like New Moon!).

Plus, I really do not think either of them come from a Native American background. Brenda is most obviously from Asian descent, while Vanessa looks Spanish. You might be able to fake Vanessa, but you could not fake Brenda.

Now, I don't really fan cast. I look at the actors other people choose and see what I think of them. Kick up a hissy fit if I feel I need to. So, I don't really have anyone I think would be good. Sorry.

But I do want to ask:
What do you think of the possible Leah Clearwater-s?
Who do you think should play Leah Clearwater?

And most importantly:

ARE YOU AS HORRIFIED AS ME!?

P.S. I'm sorry if this is a repeat. I thought I saw something on this, or something like this, but when I went searching, I couldn't find it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:19 am
Not really horrified as you are, but still, I think they should just continue looking at other actresses that could play the role. However, if it did come down to those two, I'd pick Vanessa Hudgens. Although I despise Highschool Musical, maybe she could pull it off; we never know what we'll get from her. o.O

On a side note, someone who came to mind was Dr. Thirteen on the show House;
I think she could/may be a good Leah if she tanned a bit, at least to me. Her name is Olivia Wilde.
To me, she is much more Leah than those two girls. Her role in the show House is in a way similar
to Leah and that's why I thought of her immediately for the role. What do you guys think?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

La Beaute

Jellycones

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:10 pm
Vanessa Hudgens has a slight native American background:

Quote:
Hudgens's father is an American of Irish and Native American descent, and her mother, who grew up in Manila, is a Filipino-born of Filipino, Spanish, and Chinese descent

but still...vanessa hudgens is way to sweet to play Leah... and she still looks more hispanic than she does native american.

personally i have nobody in mind as to who should play leah....but any girl of native decent and good acting skills shall do!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:52 pm
La Beaute
Not really horrified as you are, but still, I think they should just continue looking at other actresses that could play the role. However, if it did come down to those two, I'd pick Vanessa Hudgens. Although I despise Highschool Musical, maybe she could pull it off; we never know what we'll get from her. o.O

On a side note, someone who came to mind was Dr. Thirteen on the show House;
I think she could/may be a good Leah if she tanned a bit, at least to me. Her name is Olivia Wilde.
To me, she is much more Leah than those two girls. Her role in the show House is in a way similar
to Leah and that's why I thought of her immediately for the role. What do you guys think?

Tear the nails from your fingertips,

Wow, that seems like a good fit actually.
The two last pictures sold me, she seems perfect if she was a little more tan.
And anything is better than the two suggested.
Honestly, it's a shame one of them might play Leah.
I don't think either of them can pull it offf,
And I'm going to be pretty angry if one of them get the part,
I know I'm not the only one. smile

And smear the blood across your lips.

mrstodayy

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:40 pm
La Beaute:

I do like your choice. I've only seen House once, so I don't really know the type of character Dr. Thirteen is . . .

But yeah, if she gets a wee tan, she'd look great.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jellycones
....but any girl of native decent and good acting skills shall do!

Agreed.
But she can't be from Disney Channel, either!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:03 pm
Seriously, they both dont even look like they could be or play a 20yr old =/  

La Beaute

SOM3BODii TOLD M3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 am
actually, how old is leah??? im to lazy to go get the book and look it up...

cos i feel like that chick is too old looking  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:53 pm
La Beaute
Seriously, they both dont even look like they could be or play a 20yr old =/

Man i love your pick Olivia was perfect i almost didn't realize it was 13 from house.
But you know my dad just made me think of another actress i think could pull off a great Leah. Megan Fox the girl who was in Transformer she played Mikaela.
User Image User Image User Image User Image  

X-Freiheit93-X

La Beaute

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:34 pm
Yes! She seems more like it, Megan Fox. She's gorgeous!

And I believe Leah is 20 years of age.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:42 am
La Beaute
Yes! She seems more like it, Megan Fox. She's gorgeous!

And I believe Leah is 20 years of age.

yeah i really think Megan or Olivia should play the role!
they both could pull off the 20 year old werewolf  

X-Freiheit93-X

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:37 pm
Yuck, why would you want Megan Fox in New Moon? She's not even a real American Indian. Leave her out, gross.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:51 pm
Pubic Genital Lice
Yuck, why would you want Megan Fox in New Moon? She's not even a real American Indian. Leave her out, gross.

I so think she has the looks to pull it off and the acting skills. plus she is a million times better than some stupid Disney actress

X-Freiheit93-X

La Beaute

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:30 pm
I just had an epiphany....
Olivia Wilde could be Emily and Megan Fox could be Leah. o.o

User ImageUser Image
They could makeup the scars on Wilde's face and that's it; we have our cousins! ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:25 pm
La Beaute
I just had an epiphany....
Olivia Wilde could be Emily and Megan Fox could be Leah. o.o

User ImageUser Image
They could makeup the scars on Wilde's face and that's it; we have our cousins! ^^

OMG YOUR SO RIGHT!!!!! i did not even think about Emily and here were having fights bout Leah. Omg Megan as Leah and Olivia as Emily that is so perfect!!! great idea!!!!!  

X-Freiheit93-X

x~ Reyna ~x

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:45 am
Honestly, I don't care who they pick, so long as their primary pay check is not getting signed by DISNEY! I do NOT want a bunch of Disney endorced brats in any of the Twilight movies. And Brenda Song is Asian. I don't think that any amount of make-up could make her look like a real native american. Plus, she just doesn't look like she could play a cynic. And I can't stand Vanessa Hugens. I do, however, like the pictures that people have put. I think that they could play Leah and Emily. Still, so long as our darling Disneys stay in their rightful place, I'm good.  
New Moon

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff