Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hey
  hi!
View Results

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:12 am
Well...I've really been watching anime lately and well I typically like the ones related to the past or something historical. But I was watching something liek azumanga dioh (or spelled something like that. ^^) and this question came to mind. Is school gym uniforms for girls realyl like that? It looks like a t-shirt and a panty only so I wasn't sure if it was maybe only an anime thing but then again...all anime with gym has it....

So that's the topic! My question and: What do you wear as a gym uniform?
Or used to? ^_^

In my school we'd wear shorts and a thick t-shirt (Short sleeves). we were allowed to wear something inside in the winter time to stay warm but never allowed to wear it outside the uniform. The school color/gym uniform color was orange and black and the shirt was two ways so we could change it around and wear it inside out (black or orange shirt). We did that so it was easier to go against teams too in games. Black vs Orange. ^_^"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:16 am
Girls at my old middle school basically wore the outfits from Azumanga Daioh for physical education classes. It was much more rare in high school.

For my current gym, I just need some sort of shirt, sweatpants or shorts and proper athletic shoes.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:23 am
Oh! I think you're in the US right Dornkus?! I've never seen it here. o_o!
So you don't have to wear a uniform? That's nice. ^--^  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:37 pm
I've never seen the anime-esque uniforms here in the US either. I believe the bottoms are called 'bloomer-shorts' though I could be wrong. I just call them short-short-shorts.

I just had to wear a regular cotton teeshirt though it was a tad thick like you said your's was moonlight. But it wasn't reversible, I kind of wish it was, it'd be more fun. My school colors were/are(still in school but don't have to take PE anymore) silver, crimson, and white (since we can't just be gray and red) so it was a gray shirt with my mascot, an aggie, on the front in red. The shorts were just red basketball shorts with the name of my school and a place to write your name on one leg.

But I did take dance for a year so that uniform was different, it was a red shirt with the aggie on the front in white and black yoga capris with white stripes down the side. The teacher thought the shirt was boring though so she had us cut them up, I let my friend cut the neck and she cut it way too low so my chest was always hanging out. sweatdrop  

Zizzykitty
Crew

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:37 pm
My school didn't have gym uniforms. We basically wore whatever was suited for the class-shorts, wind pants, sneakers, t-shirt.....etc....  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:01 pm
We had to wear dark green netball skirts [with shorts usually underneath] and a turquoise t-shirt with the school logo on it. We had to wear them outside in teh freezing cold too, though for cross country they let you wear jogging bottoms.

Naturally i was pissed off when i was on my period, and gradually the girls wore jogging bottoms when they were on their periods, and then gradually stopped wearing those goddamned ****** alltogether haha

So we ended up having jogging bottoms or shorts like the boys did.  

dragontamer363
Crew

Fate-J

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:56 pm
mines simple(: just the sch pe tee or sch approved tee[nicer since we design them ourselves biggrin ] with sch pe shorts.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:03 am
@Zizzy
Hey ours sound exactly the same almost!! We also had that part where we had to write our names on the uniform as well. ^_^ (Not that it did any good anyways since it's hard to read to know someones name anyways. In the end I always ask someone their names whenever we're in teams)

@DT
Oh! Were you in a private school or is that the kind of uniform for britian? (the skirts).

@Moon
hehe...you're lucky! Anything would have been nice. I hated changing everyday for gym. >_<"

@J
Oh! designing for gym? Like how you got to design your shirts for your school class competion! I think it was b-ball or something similar. ^_^  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:16 am
nah I was in a bog-standard public school.
I dunno about Britain, I think P.E skirts are probably more common here than in America. i think our school was making a desperate atempt to be 'posh' though-haha  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:44 am
dragontamer363
nah I was in a bog-standard public school.
I dunno about Britain, I think P.E skirts are probably more common here than in America. i think our school was making a desperate atempt to be 'posh' though-haha
hehe oh. ^_^  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:21 pm
It wasn't mandatory for us to write our name on our shorts. I always thought the names on the shorts was kind of weird because then you're looking at people's legs to find out their name, I think it'd be much more practical on the chest like where you'd put a name tag.

I think I wrote something not only upsidown but weird on a pair of those shorts once, it was in pen so barely legible though. It was upsidown since I wrote it while wearing them and I think I wrote something like 'the great destroyer'  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:52 am
Moonlight_HuangHou

@J
Oh! designing for gym? Like how you got to design your shirts for your school class competion! I think it was b-ball or something similar. ^_^

haahaa, actually, we design class tee, cca tee, and any other groups tees to promote bonding n belonging(: n these tees are all sch approved(of course, approved before printing, tts y we can wear them) we dont design tees for pe... we do have pe attire, but we can choose to wear these sch approved tee(:  

Fate-J

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:40 am
Zizzykitty
It wasn't mandatory for us to write our name on our shorts. I always thought the names on the shorts was kind of weird because then you're looking at people's legs to find out their name, I think it'd be much more practical on the chest like where you'd put a name tag.

I think I wrote something not only upsidown but weird on a pair of those shorts once, it was in pen so barely legible though. It was upsidown since I wrote it while wearing them and I think I wrote something like 'the great destroyer'
lol The great destoryer! That's great! XD
We had it on the chest and pants. It was mainly also for if someone can't steal others gym uniforms. (Gross but it does happen. ^^")  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games