Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Ghostly question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyreie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:54 am
My mother phoned me this morning totally freaked out because my dad told her about a visit he had the other night. It went something like this, mom was at work, there was no one else in the house. My dad was asleep, he heard someone call his name loud enough to wake him. He looked across the bed and there was an indistinct figure in a dress, standing there reaching out to him. He felt no fear, no hostility, nothing negative, in fact he got the impression that the spirit was asking for help.

I told her that if dad was not frightened by the spirit, I don't believe there is any threat, that it may be someone dad knew who has died or is about to pass. It could also have been my mom's mom or her sister and they were reaching out to dad because they knew it would frighten her. I also told her it could be a guardian spirit coming with a message, I just don't know which is the most likely possibility.

I suggested she ask the spirit to leave her alone (much as I've asked spirits to stop teasing the cats!), I've found that a polite request is often listened to if done firmly but nicely. She would still like me to come down to their place and do something though.

So, my question is, what do I do? I've seen, felt, and heard spirits all my life, but rarely have I spoken with one and I have no experience crossing over a lost soul, if that's what this is. Any advice or insights would be appreciated!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:44 pm
There may not be a lot you can do, as spirits really just sort of do their own thing. You can go in and do some smudging or a cleansing/banishing ritual, but I'm with you in that just politely asking them to leave is usually enough. Maybe go through and as you smudge, do a bit of sweeping out of the room(s) with a broom to help cleanse. Imbolc's good for cleansing, so it's a good time to try.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Kyreie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:21 am
Thanks too2weet! I'm already planning on going to my parents place on Sunday to do a full house cleansing and blessing.

They haven't had much activity since the apparition, just a loud sigh that they both heard in the living room a few days later. Mom did ask the spirit to leave then and they haven't had any experiences since. Most likely it's already gone, but Mom is still upset. Interestingly enough, it's not the first or only spirit in the house, every once in a while a strong smell of cigarette smoke comes out of nowhere (they don't smoke anymore) and the cat starts to act very strangely. I don't know why that one doesn't upset her as much as this one did.

Anyway, thanks again for the response, it's good to know that I'm doing the right thing!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:36 am
Sometimes spirits are reluctant to cross over, maybe unfinished business, maybe they need to tell a relative sorry or i love you. Spirits go to the nearest "spiritual channel" or the closest person that can see them. Try talking to the spirit. Some spirits can even read your mind. Keep in touch with the spirit and do your best to help him/her. And remember a spirit should never be called an "it". they have enough trouble in death without being called "it". Don't use a Ouija board or anything else; let the spirit come to you.
Trust me on this; my house is haunted by about....50 spirits, give or take 10. And most of them are family. And, just to warn you, some spirits are there to guard you. It's odd, but it happens.  

wiccan of the moon

Kyreie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:50 pm
Thanks for the advice, that's pretty much exactly what I did. I told the spirit that I would do my best to help her if I could, but that she was making my mother uncomfortable and asked her to leave them alone. Although I never received any response, there hasn't been any more activity.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:43 pm
I read a book by a medium whose name is Mary Ann Winkowski, the book is called " When Ghosts Speak "...I couldn't put it down it was so fascinating ! It might help you to understand what is happening a little better. I got mine from our local library but I know Amazon has it also.
Ive heard that often our spirit guides call out to us but we most often dont hear them...please let us know what you find out !  

oddmolly

4,350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kyreie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:23 am
I'll be sure to check out the book, thanks! I'll let you know if I find out anything! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:15 pm
is there anyway i could contact a loved one?  

Crisstella

7,250 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Team Jacob 100
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items