Reply Advice & Life Issues
....That was quick.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Delanei

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:22 pm
I broke up with my boyfriend only after a week. It just wasn't right and I feel kinda bad. But I want a different kind of guy, not a immature kind of guy like him. I don't really think I'll find anyone this year, I should just relax and not think about it for awhile, but I haven't had many boyfriends and I don't like being alone.

I'm pretty much just kinda upset and wondering if I'll find a guy at all next year, most of the guys in my school don't like me 'cause I'm not there "Type" I don't really know what kind of girl I am.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:58 pm
Well, it's better to break up with someone when you know it's not right than to keep going and string them along. I didn't have my first boyfriend until I was a freshman in college and he wasn't right for me. Like with you he was too immature and I just needed something more. I kept convincing myself that it was just me though and we dated on and off for 6 or 8 months. Finally I had to admit that, since I didn't really enjoy being around him that much and since I had crushes on other people, I needed to end it. So I think you were definitely right to break up!

As for meeting a guy soon, who knows. The problem with meeting guys in school is that usually the same people stay around and you don't get to meet too many new people. At least in my high school anyway...we were small and got only a couple new kids a year...and I'd known all the same people since I was 3. There wasn't really a chance to meet someone who was interesting or unique. I think it's easier to meet guys in clubs, college classes, work, conventions, or other places where people who share your interests go.

Don't try to rush finding a boyfriend. It's way better to find someone who really gets you than to date a bunch of people who don't fit. And I know tons of people who didn't date until late high school, college, or even after that and they're fine.

mithrril

Flomeii
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:34 pm
I think you did the right thing. I'm a freshman in high school and i've never had a real boyfriend untill now. I always hated it when people string along thier boyfriends/ girlfriends. Don't worry you'll find somone. In hight school its cool because you have class with upper classmen so you'll meet new people. Just keep positive. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:57 pm
sounds like you need a little YOU time.

this is great. right now you're gonna feel alone, and be in this greeving state. but that will pass.

but try to take advantage of being single. you can get so much more done with out worrying about someone else. focus on school. and all this will also help you learn more about yourself. i took a 2 year break for some ME time. and it was awesome. i became very successful in school and more confident. later on boys started noticing me, and it was weird, cause i never thought boys would be interested in me. lol

so learn more about yourself, learn to love yourself, learn to love other people. and soon other people will learn to love you.  

Poomkins

XTyphonX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:13 pm
mithrril
Well, it's better to break up with someone when you know it's not right than to keep going and string them along. I didn't have my first boyfriend until I was a freshman in college and he wasn't right for me. Like with you he was too immature and I just needed something more. I kept convincing myself that it was just me though and we dated on and off for 6 or 8 months. Finally I had to admit that, since I didn't really enjoy being around him that much and since I had crushes on other people, I needed to end it. So I think you were definitely right to break up!

As for meeting a guy soon, who knows. The problem with meeting guys in school is that usually the same people stay around and you don't get to meet too many new people. At least in my high school anyway...we were small and got only a couple new kids a year...and I'd known all the same people since I was 3. There wasn't really a chance to meet someone who was interesting or unique. I think it's easier to meet guys in clubs, college classes, work, conventions, or other places where people who share your interests go.

Don't try to rush finding a boyfriend. It's way better to find someone who really gets you than to date a bunch of people who don't fit. And I know tons of people who didn't date until late high school, college, or even after that and they're fine.
Mithrril, you are the Dear Abby of Gaia! rofl rofl

My advice, never date within you're own school. To many variables to take into account if this should go wrong. (i.e., his friends and your friends' opinions about you and him, nosy b*tches that want to make things hard for you if they like your man, etc...)

This advice pertains to the workforce as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:54 am
It probably is a good idea to not date someone in your school, but it's often really hard to find someone who's not. When I was in high school I only knew people from my school and I don't even know where I would meet others. I came from a small town and everyone I knew I'd known from the age of 3. It actually made it harder to find people date or get to know because you already knew them. They'd already be your friends or they'd dislike you for something that happened in 3rd grade. razz

In high school I think it's less necessary to worry about dating someone from your school. You can choose your own classes and easily avoid someone you used to date. The only issue is if you break up with someone mid-semester and you have classes with them. That's really awkward. I dated a guy my freshman year of college. When I was making my schedule I almost had all of my classes with him until my friend convinced me to not be an idiot. Thank god I only ended up with one class because I broke up with him halfway through the semester and it was really freaking awkward.

I can't say you shouldn't date someone from your school because I met my husband in college and I wouldn't ever have dated him if I'd had that rule for myself.

mithrril

Advice & Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff