Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:56 am
So I was eating a midnight snack a few minutes ago and I had two choices of reading material on the table in front of me: Sport Rocketry Magazine or The Blue Press. I figured I'd look at some cool gun s**t, but what I found was much, much better, and I thought I'd share it. I ripped these two pages directly from The Blue Press Online, so please excuse their size. The article was too long for me to retype with such an easy cop-out at hand.

User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:40 am
tl;dr  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:34 am
Read it.

Yeah.
It's pretty long but it has a good point.

Although copying them in their, 'Lul lets change the words around' bit sinks to their level we're not being retarded in doing so.

Reading that line from the constitution and if the framers hadn't been so grammatically correct and left out that ******** comma, I don't think we'd be having a problem.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:23 am
They do have a valid point. Marksmen vs. anti-rights would sound a hell of a lot better than gun nuts vs. whatever.  

Man of the Demoneye

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:41 pm
Man of the Demoneye
They do have a valid point. Marksmen vs. anti-rights would sound a hell of a lot better than gun nuts vs. whatever.

True, but the media can slant it either way.

Has anyone noticed that Family Guy tends to be anti-gunrights?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:54 pm
Freak_090
Man of the Demoneye

Yep.

Has anyone else noticed I make it a point to call the anti-rights bigots as what they are, anti-rights bigots?  

uryu ishida

Krilliad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:21 pm
uryu ishida
Freak_090
Man of the Demoneye

Yep.

Has anyone else noticed I make it a point to call the anti-rights bigots as what they are, anti-rights bigots?

Yep.

Has anyone ever thought why don't people just STFU about the nickname "Gun-nuts".  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:45 pm
Freak_090
Man of the Demoneye

I noticed that too.
In the Surfin' Bird episode Brian makes the following statement;
"... and with zero tolerance gun control and a well funded educational system there's no street crime."

lol rofl

Even if he was serious I still think it's satirical.  

OberFeldwebel

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:05 pm
OberFeldwebel
Freak_090
Man of the Demoneye

I noticed that too.
"... and with zero tolerance gun control and a well funded educational system there's no street crime."

lol rofl

Ugh, that one especially. But, there were other episodes.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:12 pm
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel
Freak_090
Man of the Demoneye

I noticed that too.

lol rofl

Ugh, that one especially. But, there were other episodes.

Yeah I know.
Today when I couldn't do anything I watched 'The Brave One', it was on Max or Maxx, I didn't even know we got that channel.
Anyway, movie takes place in New York a couple gets severely beaten by a group of thugs, the one dies and the other lives, Jodie Foster. Just after the savage beating an investigator starts investigating a murder where someone shot a girl in the head.
So, show reason to stop gun control then have a halfed a** reason to have it done. The theories is that she shot herself or the ex-husband shot her.
Anyway, after recuperating and a desire to make the criminals pay she goes to get a gun.
She needs a license and to wait ******** days.
Anyway, some guy in the store hears it and walks out of the store with her and offers her a handgun under the table for $1000.

neutral

Really, some movies are so ******** up and full of contradiction.  

OberFeldwebel

Anima_Raptor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:00 pm
I think its actually a good idea. granted, its not right to bend to every whim of those who oppose our rights and beliefs, but if we could ease tension by giving ourselves a more appropriate name, then thats cool

And yeah, the term marksman sounds kinda prestigious at first glance, so it like it more then 'gun nut'  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:23 pm
Anima_Raptor
I think its actually a good idea. granted, its not right to bend to every whim of those who oppose our rights and beliefs, but if we could ease tension by giving ourselves a more appropriate name, then thats cool

And yeah, the term marksman sounds kinda prestigious at first glance, so it like it more then 'gun nut'
The problem is, if you say "I'm a gun nut", the word that sticks the most is 'nut'. 'Gun enthusiast' and 'gun buff' also make you sound like an inbred redneck who clings to guns as a p***s enhancement. "I'm a shooter" brings to mind images of Columbine, V-Tech, and bank robberies. "Marksman" brings to mind lines of riflemen competing in the Olympics. And for some reason, in the human mind, 'accomplished athlete' seems to translate into 'good people'. Just look at George Foreman. He was a great boxer, but you think he knows jack s**t about making an electric grill?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas