Submit

- T o x i c K a r m a -

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:40 am
this question always haunts me.
do you think they suck blood with their teeth [like straws]
or do they like suck with their mouth
[like a vacuum]
i know it's a stupid question.
but i wanna know what you peoples think.
or any other theories? sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:30 am
i dont know what you mean when you say their teeth...

but i always thought of it like a vacuum with their mouths  

SOM3BODii TOLD M3

there was a silence

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:38 am
the teeth just make the puncture wounds for the blood to come out.. And then they just suck the blood as it comes out. Its not like they keep the fangs in.. I guess you could say like a straw is inside the skin and you have to suck the end of it? Idk I'm not good at explaining things.. but its kinda like that I think. Once you think about it, its a pretty basic consept....  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:41 pm
You know when you eat an orange slice, and suck out all the juice before actually eating the orange itself?

I imagine it would work somewhat like that.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:54 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.
You know when you eat an orange slice, and suck out all the juice before actually eating the orange itself?

quite gruesome.. thats probably why Edward didn't want Bella to see them hunting. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:02 pm
CiNnA vAniLLa
.Bucket.of.Joy.

quite gruesome.. thats probably why Edward didn't want Bella to see them hunting. 3nodding

I thought about that while I was writing it. It was like:
"This really isn't that gross, but put in this context is extremely graphic."

.Bucket.of.Joy.

habiku

5,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:40 pm
I'm not really sure but I think it's like drink the juice out of an orange or apple. Just like .Bucket.of.Joy. said.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:59 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.
CiNnA vAniLLa
.Bucket.of.Joy.

I thought about that while I was writing it. It was like:
"This really isn't that gross, but put in this context is extremely graphic."

it sounds a little bit too national geographic/discovery channel/animal planet for me  

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

Jellycones

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:57 pm
I believe they use their teeth to break open the skin so it will bleed, and once the blood surfaces they suck the blood from the punctured holes in the skin....like a suction cup :]  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:33 am
They use their "teeth" to puncture a hole in the victim's throat then they just suck the blood like mosquitoes.  

Etzlenos Belliveau

Dapper Phantom

goddess_tyche

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:24 am
The way AquaGurl and Jellycones describe it is the way I imagine they get the blood.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:52 pm
like a vacuum  

wolfbrother82

piercing_golden_eyes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:31 pm
I've always thought they use their teeth to break through the skin, and then suck with their mouths.

But what I want to know is how that then enters their blood stream. Maybe from the stomach, it somehow enters it like that. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:26 pm
Funny. This was a question that some really stupid boys that sit at my lunch table were asking me. Then they started off on their own little thinktank on it. They were like, "Maybe it's like a snake in reverse!" At that point, I was laughing and put my head on my arms. Then they were like, "Dude, she's laughing at us! Well, do you have any theories?" Then I looked at my friend, Kendall, and said, "I'm leaving now," got up and went to my classroom twenty minutes early.

So, basically, to answer the question at hand, I would have to say that it all depends on whitch vamps you're refering to. Twilight vamps? They drink the blood like we would drink a glass of water. They don't have fangs, so they just use their teeth to pierce the skin. Vamps with fangs? Well, some of them only use the fangs to perice the skin so they can drink the blood like the TwiVamps. Others might drink through the fangs, I suppose, but I don't recall reading a book where it actually says that. Now, if you were to ask me about my vamps, I would say that they would bite you with their fangs, send a mixture of chemicals into your bloodstream to make you heal faster and forget what happened, and then drink the blood like I would drink water. So, really, it all has to do with whoes vamps you're asking about.  

x~ Reyna ~x

NorthEastFire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:24 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.

That's exactly how I was going to describe it. 3nodding  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces