Submit

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:12 pm
So, you think the Secret Service is slacking when it comes to protecting the Commander in Chief?

Well, you've most likely seen other videos of this wonder (Mythbusters featured it in one of their episodes). And now, clear the road for one of the sweetest stealth vehicles around!

http://jalopnik.com/5134488/presidential-gatling-gun+equipped-suburban-badder-than-new-cadillac-limo

Check out the whole page for the comments. You'll find some interesting things.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:15 pm
"So Obama's first official act as president is going to be a drive by?"

lol  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:39 pm
Fifty bucks says it's a bullshit article. I HIGHLY DOUBT the Secret Service would purchase that, IF it was for sale. AFAIK, only one exists, and it's owned by Dillon.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:44 am
His Cadillac has da beemz, where are da rimz?  

I am an eggplant
Crew

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:53 am
Fresnel
Fifty bucks says it's a bullshit article. I HIGHLY DOUBT the Secret Service would purchase that, IF it was for sale. AFAIK, only one exists, and it's owned by Dillon.

You may want to watch this linked video. I think that Dillon has built one for the SS. If not, they sure look a whole lot alike!

http://jalopnik.com/5135261/obamas-new-presidential-limousine-first-video  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:44 pm
SierraBT
His Cadillac has da beemz, where are da rimz?

You know that was the FIRST THING I thought of when I saw it.  

Man of the Demoneye

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:39 pm
Floyd
Fresnel

You may want to watch this linked video. I think that Dillon has built one for the SS. If not, they sure look a whole lot alike!

A suburban's a suburban. They all look a lot alike. I didn't see a single shot of an SUV roof that showed a trap door in it.

The question that's on my mind is: why would the Secret Service NEED a minigun? It's too powerful. It's only made to kill mass amounts of people. It's not suitable for a group only likely to fend off single attackers. IT HAS NO SPORTING PURPOSE. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:53 am
Fresnel
Floyd
Fresnel

A suburban's a suburban. They all look a lot alike. I didn't see a single shot of an SUV roof that showed a trap door in it.

The question that's on my mind is: why would the Secret Service NEED a minigun? It's too powerful. It's only made to kill mass amounts of people. It's not suitable for a group only likely to fend off single attackers. IT HAS NO SPORTING PURPOSE. 3nodding

It could chew through a wall of a book suppository and get at the sniper. neutral  

OberFeldwebel

Inquisitor Brock

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:03 am
Fresnel
Floyd
Fresnel

It'd be effective against vehicles and other large targets.

But nothing short of a tank will stop an IED or an RPG.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:04 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Floyd
Fresnel

It could chew through a wall of a book suppository and get at the sniper. neutral

And it's Depository. A Suppository goes up someone's a**.  

Inquisitor Brock

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:19 am
There was one segment of helicopter footage showing the vehicle at speed with the gun shooting at it (thank goodness for big budget for blanks!). Anti-aircraft defense, anyone?

I looked for more examples of the new truck, but if it was in play during the parade, it was lost among 20 others in the line.

A long time ago, and at least two model upgrades before the current vehicle, the same company built a prototype. So the current vehicle is hardly the first or only model. There was an April Fools issue review of it in Car and Driver magazine.

And I would not be at all shocked if some outfit like Blackwater quietly obtained some for use around the world.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:01 pm
ArmasTermin
"So Obama's first official act as president is going to be a drive by?"

lol
I've been thinking that since before the election, but I figured it would be in Air Force One since it can hold more homies.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:09 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Floyd
Fresnel

That book depository was full of workers watching the parade. There were people in the windows directly... above or below Oswald, I can't recall. Anyway, a minigun would probably inflict fifty civilian casualties and fail to wound the sniper.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:39 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Floyd
Fresnel

That book depository was full of workers watching the parade. There were people in the windows directly... above or below Oswald, I can't recall. Anyway, a minigun would probably inflict fifty civilian casualties and fail to wound the sniper.

I gotta say I don't think Obama would give to shits about that.  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:52 pm
ArmasTermin
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Floyd
Fresnel

I gotta say I don't think Obama would give to shits about that.
The media would. "Sniper kills one, Law Enforcement kills 52"  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces