Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
OBAMA!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:52 pm
President-elect Barack Obama is officially President of the United States of America as of today. Discuss.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:21 pm
G'bye, Bush. I'd say I'll miss you, but I won't.

Hello, Obama. Let's make the world a better place.

Thank you for listening to today's version of "Politics in Little Words".  

darkslasherX
Crew

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:58 pm
GLORY TO THE EMPEROR! ALL HAIL OUR GRAND MESSIAH! OBAMA! OBAMA! BLESSED BE HIS NAME!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:23 pm
Hmm... he has the makings which to be a good president, but I want to see some action from his desk first. Until then, I'll sit back and twiddle my fingers (unless I'm playing some game of some sort obviously). 3nodding  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:30 am
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:03 am
He has a low IQ, he has already started making stupid choices (Closing Gitmo), and then there's the crap he says: "There is a time for making a profit, but now's not that time", If you want to fix the economy, let the big companies make a profit! They get bigger, make more jobs, and get more money out into the economy! And lowering taxes for poor people changes nothing, poor don't hire anyone!  

ArcNeoMasato

Sparkly Gawker

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250

WhiteFangGirl06

Unbeatable Raider

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:25 pm
Diclonius Lord
He has a low IQ, he has already started making stupid choices (Closing Gitmo), and then there's the crap he says: "There is a time for making a profit, but now's not that time", If you want to fix the economy, let the big companies make a profit! They get bigger, make more jobs, and get more money out into the economy! And lowering taxes for poor people changes nothing, poor don't hire anyone!

Right he has a low IQ even though he went to Harvard one of the most prestigous law schools in America and was top of his class. Even though he got one of the highest honors for one of the schools acitivites (can't remember what it was). Even though he has done som many things and the job of president isn't like a magic show. He can't make it go one way and be like Bush. He is trying to find common ground jerk I would love to see you try and do the things and deal with what he has to. Anyone has a low IQ its you. scream  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:55 am
WhiteFangGirl06
Diclonius Lord

Right he has a low IQ even though he went to Harvard one of the most prestigous law schools in America and was top of his class. Even though he got one of the highest honors for one of the schools acitivites (can't remember what it was). Even though he has done som many things and the job of president isn't like a magic show. He can't make it go one way and be like Bush. He is trying to find common ground jerk I would love to see you try and do the things and deal with what he has to. Anyone has a low IQ its you. scream

So I'm a jerk because I don't like Obama, but all the people who cuss out Bush are just fine!

JUST BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE OBAMA DOESN'T MAKE ME BAD, IT JUST MEANS I DON'T LIKE HIM! I DON'T THINK HE'S DOING A GOOD JOB!

And what common ground? I hear him talk about it, but I don't see anything being done about it! And if he was such a good student, why do I hear so many people (Who researched his background) say he didn't have good grades his entire life! (Nowhere near good enough to get into Harvard!) And also, just because you go to Harvard, doesn't mean your smart, just like, sitting in the garage making engine noises doesn't make you a car.

(BTW, I AM reasonable, if you can PROVE he's not bad, I will take what I've said back)  

ArcNeoMasato

Sparkly Gawker

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250

justamoose

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:16 pm
Diclonius Lord
WhiteFangGirl06
Diclonius Lord

So I'm a jerk because I don't like Obama, but all the people who cuss out Bush are just fine!

JUST BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE OBAMA DOESN'T MAKE ME BAD, IT JUST MEANS I DON'T LIKE HIM! I DON'T THINK HE'S DOING A GOOD JOB!

And what common ground? I hear him talk about it, but I don't see anything being done about it! And if he was such a good student, why do I hear so many people (Who researched his background) say he didn't have good grades his entire life! (Nowhere near good enough to get into Harvard!) And also, just because you go to Harvard, doesn't mean your smart, just like, sitting in the garage making engine noises doesn't make you a car.

(BTW, I AM reasonable, if you can PROVE he's not bad, I will take what I've said back)

Just chill out and give him a chance. He's only been president for a couple of weeks. And maybe you should research him yourself instead taking someone elses word for it and succumbing to rumors like an idiot.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:17 pm
justamoose
Diclonius Lord
WhiteFangGirl06
Diclonius Lord

Just chill out and give him a chance. He's only been president for a couple of weeks. And maybe you should research him yourself instead taking someone elses word for it and succumbing to rumors like an idiot.

Actually, after I heard those things I looked them up, and they were true.  

ArcNeoMasato

Sparkly Gawker

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:25 pm
What does IQ have to do with running a country, anyway? As long as you're not a retard, there shouldn't be any IQ-based issues with presidency. Why, you might ask? Let's take a look at what IQ measures...
-Memorization
-Logic
-Parents
-Race/gender (at least it has in the past)
I don't see any reason why any of those things are required to run a country, as long as you have enough memory not to forget your own first name and enough logic to understand that rain makes the ground wet.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:23 pm
darkslasherX
What does IQ have to do with running a country, anyway? As long as you're not a retard, there shouldn't be any IQ-based issues with presidency. Why, you might ask? Let's take a look at what IQ measures...
-Memorization
-Logic
-Parents
-Race/gender (at least it has in the past)
I don't see any reason why any of those things are required to run a country, as long as you have enough memory not to forget your own first name and enough logic to understand that rain makes the ground wet.

IQ is a general, how good are you at figuring things out, and, NONE of those thing you mentioned have anything to do with IQ, IQ is figured out with a long test.  

ArcNeoMasato

Sparkly Gawker

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:06 pm
What do they test on the IQ test, and what factors correlate with high results? Look up IQ test on Wikipedia, and you'll see why I say IQ tests those things. Seriously, do a bit of research.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:55 pm
I Q U  

Shigeru the Hero

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:17 pm
I know a guy who was on Extreme Home Makeover.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff