Now this really pisses me off. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:48 pm
Quote:
If you recall, we had to backorder some of your merchandise on your order you placed with us. When you placed the order, we gave you an estimated ship date based on the information given to us from our supplier. Unfortunately, the item below will not be available in the time frame that we anticipated, and the new expected shipping date is shown:

Item: 140911-000-000 (G3 SET 12 MAG/6 POUCH/1 )
Quantity/Cost: 1 @ $17.97 (Extended: $17.97)
Expected Ship Date: 01/28/09

We need your approval to keep the item on backorder.

Please take a moment and call or email us if you still wish to receive the merchandise after the new expected ship date. If we do not receive a reply from you within ten days, we will cancel your backordered merchandise in compliance with FTC law.

Please contact our Customer Service Department at 1-888-888-5222, or "click" reply, or email us at customerserviceops@sportsmansguide.com.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Sincerely,
Customer Service

The e-mail came on the 15th. My mother didn't bother to read it and since she's the member of the member's club and not me that's why I didn't order it and that's why it wasn't e-mailed to me.
Anyway, I was reminded of the purchase by their new catalog that arrived today when I saw this;

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=322980

... Those are the same exact mags that is supposed to come with the 12 pk that I'm getting for $17.97.
They're selling it sans the mag pouches and cleaning kits for $20 per 6.

They have to 'ask' me to approve a ******** back order?
I ******** ordered the god damn thing and they sold out so I have to p***y foot around and resubscribe the order that I made because they're being retarded?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:36 pm
Sounds like it's a legal thing, not their fault. They HAVE to ask, they can't just do it.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:44 am
Fresnel
Sounds like it's a legal thing, not their fault. They HAVE to ask, they can't just do it.

It's just really annoying especially when you look online and see the item and they don't even say that they're back ordered.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:38 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

It's just really annoying especially when you look online and see the item and they don't even say that they're back ordered.
I bet if you ordered one of those, they'd tell you they were back ordered. xd

I almost ordered a pair of pants from them that I saw in their catalog, but when I went online they lost all their long/short selection. I need medium LONG, dammit. Why is that so hard?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:03 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

I almost ordered a pair of pants from them that I saw in their catalog, but when I went online they lost all their long/short selection. I need medium LONG, dammit. Why is that so hard?

No idea.
Kind of odd that they would lose their size selections.
Maybe they sold out of those sizes or goofed and forgot to put it in on the site?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:14 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

No idea.
Maybe they sold out of those sizes or goofed and forgot to put it in on the site?
Probably the two best possibilities, right there. I swear, someday, when I get up some money, I'm gonna buy, like, 20 pairs of 5.11 pants in various colors. I have two pairs, one was horribly cut and fits skin-tight and two sizes too small, and the other is the best pair of pants I've ever owned.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:47 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

No idea.
Probably the two best possibilities, right there. I swear, someday, when I get up some money, I'm gonna buy, like, 20 pairs of 5.11 pants in various colors. I have two pairs, one was horribly cut and fits skin-tight and two sizes too small, and the other is the best pair of pants I've ever owned.

Do any of the milsurp pants fit you?
They have some of those as well; Swiss, Dutch, some German (although they're the riding pants with the very distinct bulges), and some others that I can't even remember. I think that's it.

I wonder how you convert the Euro sizes... neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:52 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

No idea.

They have some of those as well; Swiss, Dutch, some German (although they're the riding pants with the very distinct bulges), and some others that I can't even remember. I think that's it.

I've tried. Unless it has 'long' in it, it'll never fit me. The world is full of short skinny people and tall fat people. To be tall and skinny is against international law or something.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:57 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

No idea.

I've tried. Unless it has 'long' in it, it'll never fit me. The world is full of short skinny people and tall fat people. To be tall and skinny is against international law or something.

Keh, that sucks.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:52 am
There also seems to be an issue with short and fat. Well, more of the medium ground between fat and skinny.  

uryu ishida

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:48 pm
uryu ishida
There also seems to be an issue with short and fat. Well, more of the medium ground between fat and skinny.

I haven't had too much of a problem finding commercial pants that fit me there, I'm tall, broad shouldered and... well... not fit.
Or coats either. Well most are a bit too narrow at the shoulders but there were quite a few that were broad enough.

But that's going into the store and trying it on which isn't an option for everyone. confused  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:42 am
uryu ishida
Not out here. We have Mexicans. You get a plethora of weights, and all under 5'8". Us tall whiteys are an afterthought.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:01 am
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Not out here. We have Mexicans. You get a plethora of weights, and all under 5'8". Us tall whiteys are an afterthought.

Ah s**t, that sucks.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:42 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
uryu ishida

Ah s**t, that sucks.
I swear, there's probably no other area of the country where you can buy pants in 34x28.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:18 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
uryu ishida

Ah s**t, that sucks.
I swear, there's probably no other area of the country where you can buy pants in 34x28.

... wtf? eek  
Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces