Reply The Art Corner
Creative Fiction

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XTyphonX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:35 am
If you have a short story that you'd like to share with the rest of the Guild, post it here. I'm prepping for a possible contest if we have enough posts.

In a bit, I'll post one of mine if I find that the LowDown collective is a bit shy. redface  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:01 am
This is actually the first bit of horror I've ever written. I hope you like it:

Daniel Loves His Mother

What if one morning you woke up to yet another day of triviality? You showered with the water at the same temperature as the day before, the same setting on the toaster so that your bagel didn't get too burnt, and the same number scoops of sugar poured into your coffee making it only semi-sweet. But what if this day, the water wasn't hot enough, your bagel was too burnt, and your coffee wasn't sweet at all? You'd probably just look at it as a start to a bad day, right? Well, your days haven't been planned out for you since the day you were born. Every single day of Daniel Stevenson's life has been exactly the same as the one before it. Every aspect of his day been planned out by his mother for all of his eight-teen years of his life. Until one day…

Daniel Stevenson walked down the stairs to greet his mother, just as he did the morning before. His mother, Karen Stevenson, was in the kitchen making breakfast. Daniel was still in his blue and white striped pajamas and brown slippers that his mother set out for him the night before. The smell of bacon grease filled the air as he made his way down to the kitchen.

"Alright! I bet I know what mother is making for breakfast," The young man thought to himself. "Three buttermilk pancakes, two scrambled eggs, one hard-boiled egg, three strips of bacon and a glass of orange juice. Just like yesterday!" he smiled as he walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning Daniel, dear." Mrs. Stevenson said with a smile. "Did you sleep well?" Daniel scratched his head, further messing his already matted hair.

"Not really mom." Daniel yawned. "I had that nightmare again." A look of concern washed over Mrs. Stevenson's face.

"Oh honey, you mean the one where you can't find me anywhere?" she asked. Daniel nodded. "Silly boy. You know I'd never leave you. I'll be here for you forever." She laughed and gave the young man a hug. The forty-something year old woman made her way back to her stove and picked up a large pan. "I hope you're hungry! I made your favorite!" A smile shot across Daniel's face as he took his seat at the dinning room table.

"Three buttermilk pancakes, two scrambled eggs, one hard-boiled egg, three strips of bacon and a glass of orange juice?" the young man could hardly contain himself.

"That's right!" the proud mother set the half made plate down in front of her beaming child. She then tipped the large pan and scooped off the strips of bacon onto the plate and walked back into the kitchen.

Daniel held his breath as he stepped out of the shower, just as he did the morning before. The transition from scalding hot water to freezing cold air always got to him. Daniel grabbed a towel off of the towel rack and dried himself off, starting with his head and working his way down. As was his routine. He then turned to the mirror and begun to brush his teeth. Midway through cleaning his teeth, Daniel began to write something on the foggy mirror. The boy studied his work and then smiled.

"I hope mother set out my brown shorts and white long sleeved shirt today. Mother loves that outfit on ..:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com surprised ffice:smarttags" />me." He spoke as he made his way to his room, which was just a few feet from the bathroom. Sure enough, as he opened the door to his bedroom he saw the very same outfit he wanted to wear, folded neatly on top of his bed. Daniel changed into his clean clothes and sat on his bed. His eyes darted across the door, looking for a particular item. Suddenly, he spotted it. It was in the same place it was yesterday. On top of his dresser, there was a wooden truck his mother carved for him when she was pregnant with him. Daniel hopped off of his bed and snatched up the truck.

The floor of the living room in the Stevenson's home is made of solid oak, perfect for Daniel's favorite pastime, playing with his toy truck. He'd always sit on one side of the living room and roll the wooden truck from one end of the room to the other, adding sound effects as it made the occasional turn. When the truck hit the front door, Daniel jumped up and looked around for his mother. The young man's thoughts wandered back to the first time something like that happened.

Mrs. Stevenson was in the room with young Daniel when his toy truck swerved into the door leading outside. Daniel got up to retrieve his truck and walked over to the door. Mrs. Stevenson grabbed Daniel's hand and spun him around.

"You are never to go near that door! Terrible, horrible things are out there!" the once kind woman's voice scared the poor boy into wetting his pants. "And to make sure you never go near the door again, I'm going to show you something down in the cellar." She picked up Daniel by his collar and drug him down below the house. In the corner of the cellar there were several thin strips of modified fly paper. Mrs. Stevenson had Daniel remove his shoes, socks and shirt, then stand on one strip while he leaned against another strip that was placed between him and the wall. His feet and back were positioned as though he was sitting on an invisible chair. If his feet or his back slipped at all, the flesh from either area would be torn off in small strips.

"You see Daniel? Anything that happens here is nothing compared to what could happen to you if you were to go outside!" Daniel was thrown back into the present by a familiar sound.

"Daniel honey, Lunch is ready." His mother's voice echoed in his head.

"Coming mother," Daniel replied, crawling to his feet. He walked over to the couch and picked up his toy truck.

After lunch, Daniel always went back to his room to draw a picture. Today he chose to draw a picture of him and his mother eating lunch together. While drawing his mother's beige apron, Daniel began to feel dizzy. Daniel stood up out of his chair and wobbled across his bedroom to the door. As he reached out to grab the door knob, he felt his legs give out from underneath him. His body slammed against the ground, shaking his nightstand and sending the lamp that was once resting on it to the floor, shattering it on impact.

"M…mother isn't going to like tha…." The boy's words faded away with his strength.

When Daniel woke, he was in his bed. His hair was matted, as if from a full night's sleep. The boy stretched his arms behind his back and yawned.

"The start of another beautiful day." He said to himself out loud. Then, he remembered. "Wait! What about the…" His eyes scanned the room from any sign of his fainting. Failing in finding any evidence from his bed, Daniel threw off his blanket to find that he was still wearing his brown shorts and white long sleeved shirt. Panic swept over the young man as he leapt out of his bed and barrel down the stairs and into the kitchen. When he arrived, what he found was a brand new sight. The kitchen was in utter disarray. The sink had crusted dishes in it. The floor hadn't been swept. Food was sprawled all over the counter. Daniel was in shock. He had never seen anything remotely like it. "Mother? Mother where are you?" Daniel asked as he searched the kitchen and dinning room. "I know! This is just that silly nightmare I have were I can't find her. I'll just go wake myself up some how." He said to himself. Daniel ran back up the stairs and into his room to find a way to wake himself up. "What do I do?" the scared boy asked himself. "I've got it." He exclaimed. "I'll go jump in the shower with my clothes on. And even if it doesn't wake me up, at least it would get mother to come out of hiding!" Daniel thought himself quite the genius from thinking that up.

As Daniel opened the door to the bathroom, something strange caught his eye, the color red. The sink was filled with a strange red liquid.

"Well that's strange as well." He spoke. When he opened the door the rest of the way, he found out where the rest of the liquid was coming from. Mrs. Stevenson lay across the counter with two gaping wounds on her wrists, the strange red liquid seeping out of both of them. Daniel slowly moved into the bathroom, sensing that something wasn't right. Then, out of the corner of his eye, Daniel spotted something else that seemed out of place. A piece of yellow paper lay folded on the edge of the bath tub. Daniel promptly opened and read it aloud,

"Dearest Daniel, Do not be afraid. I am only sleeping on the counter next to you. You will not be able to wake me no matter what you do, so please do not try. I guess I should explain a few things to you now. The reason why I'm sleeping right now is because mommy made a mistake. I shouldn't have done the things I've done to you. I should have let you live the way you wanted to live instead of the way I wanted you to live. I'm very sorry honey. And another thing, the reason why you fainted in your room is because mommy put something in your lunch to make you sleep. I needed for you to be asleep for me to be able to write this note and fall asleep in the bathroom. And in a little while, the special stuff mommy put into your lunch while make you fall asleep like mommy.

I want you to do something for mommy now. I want you to go outside and play. I want you to go climb trees and go play with other people. I should never have kept those things from you.

See you soon,

Mother"

Daniel's eye's filled with tears that soon after, streamed down his face. Daniel then dropped the piece of paper and walked over to his mother. He bent down and kissed his mother's forehead.

"Goodnight mother. I'll see you soon." Daniel said as he looked up at the mirror. He starred at the mirror and smiled as he walked away. On the mirror, Mrs. Stevenson wrote in the red liquid,

"Daniel Loves His Mother"  

XTyphonX

XTyphonX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:21 am
This one... well, was written after a nightmare. Funny thing is, this wasn't the nightmare I had! I just really didn't want to go back to sleep... Enjoy!

Quiet nights will never be the same in the small town of Flintsville, Oregon. It was here where nine children disappeared. When word of the first missing child got out, many of the townsfolk thought the young man was simply lost in the forest. Not uncommon around those parts. But when the town's Mayor's child turned up missing, the whole town and surrounding areas were turned upside down. Soon, child after child started to disappear. Then one quiet summer night they searched an old cabin. What they found can only be described in the following story….

Pictures in a Pine Box

David Foster woke to the sound of the wind howling through the trees. A common theme to his waking that brought no concern to little David, until he realized that he wasn't where he fell asleep. Young David scrambled to his feet and took in his surroundings. The thought process of a 12 year-old boy during a time of panic is not too different from that of a grown man. He was in a room. An odor hung in the air that David couldn't quite put his finger on. The room was made of wood with a singular window on the opposite side he was in. Slowly David made his way around the dark room.

"Come on. There's got to be a door around here." his hands slowly gliding across the grained surface of the wall. David's fingers run over several smooth objects and then back to the rough texture. Suddenly, he feels something familiar. "Yes! Light switch!" light floods the room as David covers his eyes from the sudden flash. When his eyes focused, he saw that there was a door that had been nailed shut from the inside. With the lights on, David looked at the walls again and realized what that smell was. "It's pine! I'm in that old cabin on the hill!" David ran to the window and searched for proof of his whereabouts. It was far too dark for him to recognize anything. But he was still sure of where he was. David turned his attention back to the room. His eyes floated around the room, looking for anything familiar. An old end table with a tiny portrait of a man with something around his neck sitting on top of it, and a small bed were the only objects in the room. His attention was once again turned to the walls. Those smooth object he passed over while looking for a door where eight large pictures. Upon closer inspection, David found gruesome photos of children around his age, all screaming in agony and terrified at whatever was holding the camera. David's heart began to race and his palms began to sweat. "What the hell is this?" he asked himself. He turned to the window and begun to pound on it.

"What's your hurry?" a voice asked the young man. David spun around to see nobody in the room.

"Who said that? Where are you?"

"I am your host." The voice laughed. "I'm the one who brought you here."

"Well I don't want to be here! Let me out now!" the picture on the end table begun to shake violently, startling David.

"Now there child, that's no way to treat your host!" the whole cabin started to shake. The man in the portrait started to reach through the frame and pull himself out. His body stretched through until he was completely free. David was paralyzed with fear. He didn't even make a sound. The man was very tall and dressed in a black mortician's suit and hat from the early 1950's. David noticed something hanging around his neck, a camera!

"You know, you aren't the first person I invited up here." The tall man said.

"You mean those kids in the pictures?" David replied. The tall man laughed.

"I thought you were smart and I was right." The tall man grabbed the camera that was strapped around his neck.

"W…what are you doing?" David asked as his voice broke. The tall man just grunted and continued to fiddle with his camera. David started to look around the room again for something to fend the tall man off with. He found that there was a broken floor board under the bed. David lunged under the bed and snatched it up off of the floor. This caught the tall man's attention.

"Young man, I wouldn't do that if I were you." David stepped back against the wall and readied himself for a fight.

"Oh yeah? And why not?" Suddenly, cold hands grabbed David's arm. David looked over his shoulder to see them stemming from the picture of a little girl. Slowly the little girl's twisted face emerged from the picture, followed by the rest of her body.

"That's why." The tall man chuckled. David screamed and tried to shake the girl's hand off, when another set of hands grabbed David's other arm. Gradually, all of the children in the pictures began to emerge and grab hold of David. Each child had cuts and bruises all over their bodies which were warped and mutilated. The tall man made his way over to the struggle and readied his camera.

"Say cheese." A blinding flash filled the room and then, there was nothing. Darkness engulfed the cabin and it was once again empty. Red and blue flashing lights soon appear outside the cabin….

The End

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:23 am
And this one... is just plain horrible. But I only have so many samples... sweatdrop

Shock… I can't move. I can't feel anything. I can't hear anything. I can't even shift my eyes. I must be in shock. And what is that? It looks like a ceiling. Am I on my back? Wait! My head is moving! It's falling down towards my chest… Oh God, what happened to me?!

A View from a Meat Hook

Wes Marcum went to the In 'N' Out convenience store next to the interstate to pick up some cigarettes. Nowheresville as the townsfolk call it due to the fact that this town is located in the middle of nowhere. As he walked into the store, he saw that the clerk was nowhere to be found. Wes rang the bell on the counter and waited. After about a minute and a half he looked down at his watch.

"I'm gonna be late." He rang the bell again. "I don't have time for this." He said as he crawled up onto the counter and reached for a soft pack of Coolz. He grabbed the pack and dropped back down onto the floor. He placed the proper amount of money on the counter and began to walk out of the store. The sound of glass breaking stopped Wes cold. He turned around to see a broken bottle of an H&J wine cooler on the floor, but no cause in sight. Wes went to investigate. As he was looking for a cause to the bottle breaking, Wes noticed very large, muddy foot prints in the adjacent isle followed by a slow scuffing noise coming from the direction the foot prints were going. This was getting a little too slasher film for Wes. He made his way out the door to find somebody in his truck, trying to steal it.

"Hey! What do you think you're…?" Wes stopped yelling when he got a look of who was trying to steal his truck. The hair was long, black and matted. It hung over the culprit's face, but Wes could still see the chin. It was grey with tufts of an unknown color of hair on it. And the hands were the same grey color, but they had black lines all over them. Wes decided to let this person do what it will to his truck. He reached into his pocket and grabbed his cell phone and flipped it open.

"Damn. No service" he uttered. Wes turned to go use the phone in the store and was met at the door by whoever made those footprints, a seven foot monolith with the same features as the truck thief. And over this beast's shoulder was the shop clerk, bound and gagged. Wes was scared stiff. Suddenly, he felt hot breath on the back of his neck and a pinch on his neck. Then everything went black.

Jesus Christ! There's a hook! A ******** hook in my chest! Oh God! I can't move my arms to pull myself off of it! Wait, who's tha… No! It's the thief from earlier! Oh God he's smiling! And he's got a knife! No! Not my eyes….  

XTyphonX

XTyphonX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:27 am
Ken Cortez. You know, I never really liked him. He was my next door neighbor for six years and I can't remember anything pleasing about him. He was ugly, malodorous, and irreverent. His teeth were the color of margarine, he constantly stole the morning paper and, though I'm not sure, I think he let his dog s**t in my yard. Six years of being my neighbor and that's all I can think of him as I unload a single 9mm round into his head. For a moment there I thought about just shooting him in the knee cap and letting him crawl around instead. But, one time next door neighbor or not he was still a zombie.

The Living Envy the Dead

(That's the DEAD dead. Not the zombies)

After the zombie's body hit the ground I paused. That single shot may have alerted other ghouls to my presence. The ground behind me was littered with corpses. Some were ghoul, some were human, and some of people who were just minutes ago my colleagues. I'm the last of this particular scavenger party and I can't believe it. We left as six and coming back as one… hopefully. I mean, we didn't even find what we were looking for! We came all the way out here to find some book of great importance and now I can't even find it because the genius who was holding it was chomped into zombie chow about six miles back! We decided to keep moving forward in hopes to find food. It's kinda funny (I think) that most of us became food instead.

As I sight scanned the area, I found myself inadvertently taking in the scenery. Decrepit buildings litter the landscape alongside abandoned cars and the like. I myself was just outside my old work place, B&M Pluming. (I'll pause for that one to sink in.) I wasn't actually a plumber. I just answered the phones and did the paper work. I was a clerical specialist or a secretary if you want to be an a** about it. The job itself was pretty demeaning but the pay was great for some reason. I'm not really one to ask too many questions so I just rolled with it.

After staring at the landscape for a few minutes, I heard was listening for, moans. And not the good kind! I started hoofing it away from the moans and back to the safe-house which was still ten miles away. This is going to be interesting to say the least.

The echoes of dawn emanated off of the horizon and through the overcast, allowing me to see just enough not to be eaten right away. Traipsing alone through a city with only seven clips of 9mm slugs accompanied by a lone Beretta is not recommended to anyone. Even the most battle hardened commando should think long and hard about attempting to commit such a complicated suicide. I on the other hand, had no other choice. The only real comfort I had out there was that I knew the part of the city I was in.

After about a half mile of trekking, I came across my old apartment, my old crappy studio apartment. Nostalgia is a terrible thing, especially in the middle of a zombie outbreak.

The door to my old apartment was just as I left it, about six feet away from the vestibule. The outbreak kind of caught me off guard. I actually woke up that morning to the sound of someone scratching at my back door. I got dressed and went to see who it was, which was my first mistake. I should have just hung myself the night before like I was going to. Anyway, I opened the curtain and was staring face to half eaten face with one of the walking dead! I bolted to the front door only to find it locked. Not remembering that I was on the side that had the ability to unlock it, I took five steps back and charged. After screaming through the streets for about three minutes I was picked up by a convoy of survivors that I am now a part of.

Two miles. Two miles and I'm home free. And of course the normal route we take had to be blocked due to a helicopter crash, and this secondary route just had to take me right next TO THE ******** HOSPITAL!!!!!!! Droves and droves of walking dead, bumping into each other while looking for a meal.

I can do this. I can do this… I can't do this! I may as well just leap into the crowd and shout, "Come 'n get it boys and ghouls! Free meal right here!"

To Be Continued...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:30 am
Evolution of the Apocalypse

"….and the contagion is spreading faster than we can track. In forty eight hours, the entire western seaboard will be lost to the plague. If you have loved ones in the west, please do not try to reach them. As a nation, we can beat this. Good night, and God bless." The official looking figure on the television folds his hands and the picture switches to an anchorwoman who readies her rebuttal. Corey Rachtman quickly switches off the TV and rises to his feet. His hands coast over his long, black hair to the back of his neck. Stretching always seemed to calm him no matter how bad life got. Unsurprisingly enough, it didn't really help this time.

"This is bad." Stating the obvious, "Now, what to do?" Corey walked to his refrigerator and pulled out a piece of steak. Corey Rachtman had no friends and no family. His only living companion was his pet Doberman. He walked over to the front door of his cabin and opened it. "Cthulhu! Here buddy!" He called. Nothing happened. "Cthulhu! Where are you boy?" Corey stepped out of his home and began to search for his beloved pet. The sound of growling cut his search short. Around the corner of his cabin, Corey found the source of the disturbance. On the ground was Cthulhu, flayed and partially devoured. Bone and flesh ripped from the body. It was a painful death. Corey's eyes paned upward to reveal the culprits. Three rotting corpses, upright and walking! A fourth was staring right at Corey, death splattered across its decrepit face. It shambled slowly towards him, arms outwardly stretched as if to welcome him to oblivion.

"Oh my God…." Corey started, "….you rotting sons of bitches!" a strong psionic pulse shot from Corey's brain and knocked over the four corpses. "I thought I made it perfectly clear that the dog was off limits!" Another powerful blast decapitated the ghastly foursome, exploding their heads and sending their bodies tumbling to the ground. The surrounding area was now filled with the living dead, their undead eyes seeing all while seeing nothing. "What are you all looking at? Get out of here!" The zombies all turned away to accomplish their mission. "Go feed! Go bring about the Apocalypse!" Corey returned his attention to his dog. "It's ok buddy." Corey slid his hand across the remains of his pet. A white glow spewed forth as Cthulhu's limbs and organs grew back. In seconds, he was himself again. Cthulhu quickly sniffed out the steak and began to feed. "That's right buddy. You enjoy your lunch while our friends enjoy theirs."

To Be Continued...

XTyphonX

XTyphonX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:34 am
An Alliance Of One

The alarm clock when off at 6 a.m. like it was supposed to do. Just like yesterday, and the morning before that. James Hoffman crawled out of bed as he did countless times prior to this morning. He shambled to the kitchen to make his morning coffee, not unlike the mornings before. Everything seemed so routine to him. Waking up at an ungodly hour, choking down liquid energy just to bring himself to normal, going to a Stygian-like holding cell cleverly disguised as a cubicle, and working for a thankless miser who would rather stab you in the throat than give you the time of day.

After James poured the pot of water into the coffee maker, he made his way to his bathroom. One of the small pleasures in the morning for James was the feeling of the trim carpet underneath his feet as he walked to his bathroom. A tiny smile started to emerge from the corner of his mouth, when a faint memory crept into his mind. Sudden images of blood dripping from deformed claws and horrid screams of people meeting a fate worse than death surged through his mind as he struggled to find a meaning to this vision. James hurried to his bedroom and sat on his bed. He reached into his nightstand and pulled out a book. "Your Dreams and Their Meanings" the cover read. James flipped through the pages until he found what he was looking for. "Nightmares During the Day," the book read, "If you are in fact having a nightmare while you are not sleeping, you may want to seek psychiatric help." James frowned at the book's suggestion and threw it back in the drawer of the nightstand. "I've got to make sense of this." James said to himself. "Those seemed like memories. They were too clear to be a nightmare, plus I was awake." He looked down at his feet and sighed. "Maybe I do need help. My job is kind of stressful and my landlord is a jerk. Maybe it's just that, stress." The sudden moment of clarity was broken by sinister chuckling.

"Oh? Do you really think stress can make you see this?" Another wave of atrocities beamed through James as he fell back onto his bed screaming in horror. "You have damned well give credit where credit is due Jimmy boy!" James's screams faded as well did his consciousness.

Donald Stearnmeier has been the landlord to Brookdale Heights for the past nine years. He made it his god given right to treat the tenants of this complex like his personal playthings. He even has the whole building wired with video cameras. Donald proceeded to Apartment F6. "James Hoffman. Snooty little s**t is always late with his rent."

Donald was a heavy set man, around five and a half feet tall, and had hair growing everywhere except on his head. He scratched his graying beard as he approached the apartment door. "It's about nine 'o clock, which means Mr. Hoffman should be at work. Little b*****d wouldn't mind if I let myself in and looked for this months rent." Donald stopped and reached into his pocket to retrieve the apartment key. "While I'm here I should probably fix the camera in his bedroom. What the hell happened to it?" he wondered. The click of the bolt unlocking always sounded louder when he knew the resident wasn't home. The door creaked open and the uninvited man made his way into the empty apartment. "******** pigsty." He snorted. The small apartment was cluttered with dirty laundry and old TV Guides. "Well, I guess I should fix the camera first." Donald made his way to James's bedroom, careful not to disturb anything or leave any evidence that he was there. The grizzled man walked into the room and started to feel the wall adjacent to the tenant's bed. "Ah. Here we go." Donald began to fiddle with a small hole next to a picture of James and his brother. After the task was accomplished, he sat down on the vacant bed and pressed a button on his glasses. "Apartment F6." A small picture of himself sitting on a bed appeared in his left lens. "Ah. Beautiful!" Donald reached up and pressed the button again and the small picture disappeared. Donald rose from the bed and straightened out the spot he was sitting in. "And now for the treasure hunt." He snickered at the sound of his own joke. The chubby man began his search in the nightstand next to the bed. "What have we got here?" he reached into the drawer and pulled out a book. "You're Dreams and Their Meanings.' p***y." Donald continued to rummage through the drawers, finding nothing. "Damn. I guess I'll just have to beat it out of him when he gets home."

"Looking for something Mr. Stearnmeier?" a voice behind Donald startled him.

"James! Oh, I'm sorry." He clamored, "I was just…. Looking for roaches. Your neighbor, Miss Bloomquist was complaining about them so I thought I'd check it out." The old man began to sweat. He noticed that James looked a little different. His blond hair seemed to be a bit darker and his eyes appeared to be glowing. "Hey James, are you feeling ok today?"

"Well Donald, now that you mention it, I do feel a bit…." The voice coming out of James's mouth was distorted and cold. With one quick motion, James's hand was wrapped around the landlord's neck and was lifting him off the ground by a foot. "….a bit warm." Searing heat poured from the once icy grip that held Donald in the air. His screams where negated by the fact the heat from James's hand cut through the skin on his neck, torn through his larynx , and ultimately, through his spine and out the other side. Donald's body fell to the floor, his head soon after. "Trespassers in the domain of Ezar-Tamir will be shown no mercy." The twisted voice bellowed. "Jimmy my boy we've got a lot to do."

To Be Continued...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:29 am
SEND MY LOVE TO HEAVEN

I could still remember the first time we met; I was five years old then. It was windy afternoon having no one to play with except for my best friend, Troy. He and his family just moved out to transfer at a neighboring state because his father got promoted. And so I climb up our tree house, I saw a moving truck coming down the street. I watched it approaching and noticed a family station wagon following it. I stopped in the front of the house and out came a family. I was about to glance away when out came the loveliest girl I’ve seen. She was four years old that time but then even at early age she was a beauty. She had long curly hair, which reached almost to her waist. She had fair complexion and eyes could make man lose his heart into them. I continued to watch her when suddenly she looked up and saw me watching them in the tree house window. I was about to look when she smiled and waved her hand. I waved back and watched in amazement as I saw her running towards the tree house. NA d so I went to the edge of the ladder and said “Would you like to come up?” she answered, “May I?” So I helped her climb up and when she reached the top she then turned to me and said, “By the way, my name’s Sam, what’s yours?” I answered, “My name is Christopher but then you can call me Christ.” She smiled and said, “Well I like your name. Hey your tree house’s neat! “Then I replied, “Thanks! Troy and I made this. This used to be our hide out. We used to goof around, play ball and go biking together. He was my best friend and I kind of miss him you know. “She smiled and said, “I’m here now, we could do things you do with Troy and I could be your best friend too. I never a boy for a friend so it could be exciting to have one. I could learn how to play ball and I have my bicycle so we could go biking together. Now how does that sound to you? “I smiled and said, “Well that sounds good enough.” Then she held her hand and said, “It’s a deal then!” So that’s how it started.

So we became best friend and it was a kind of strange at first for she was a girl and there are things which I was little bit hesitant to indulge her like catching frogs, swimming at the lake and climbing trees, but then she tried and did everything just to please me. There was even a time when she fell off the bike trying to catch up with me in a race we had and I was the one who bandaged her scraped knee. I could still remember the time when she hit the window of our neighbor when we were playing baseball and it was I who talk to Mr. Chambers and promised to pay for the damage, which having to lose a week’s allowance. I remember the time when I fell off the tree when I tried to rescue a little kitten because Sam was near to tears when she saw the helpless kitten trapped in a branch. I even fought with the tough guy when they teased Sam and made her cry and I ended up having a black eye and a bruised cheek. I remember Sam crying as she placed an ice bag over the damaged eye and give it a get-well kiss. I did everything to please her and gave everything her little heart desires.
The lake was our favorite hang out. We had our Saturday swim routine. We would pack food and later eat them under the big oak tree. There was a special branch in which the two of us could sit together and tell each other’s dreams. She dreams of being a Ballerina and she knows my dream of becoming a doctor. She never laughs at my dreams and pursuits even if they were quite impossible. It made me like her even more.

As years went by, I noticed that my feelings towards her slowly changing. Somehow, I thought it was just a simply crush case. But when I started thinking of her at night, dreaming of her and having the feeling of wanting to be with her all the time, I thought it was something different, something that made me feel strange, but then it was exhilarating feeling. It made me s alive. Whenever our hands touch, I could feel tingling sensation in my spine. Once, when we were on the lake having our Saturday swim routine and as I carried her towards the water edge, I had the feeling of not wanting to let her go. I just wanted that moment to continue hoping it would never end. I then realized I was slowly falling in love with my best friend.

Many times I deny the feeling for I was scared to imagine what would happen if ever I’d try to tell her how I feel about her. I was scared because she might think that I’m taking advantage of her and our friendship. I was afraid of losing her so I just kept my feeling hidden.
So we became best friend and it was a kind of strange at first for she was a girl and there are things which I was little bit hesitant to indulge her like catching frogs, swimming at the lake and climbing trees, but then she tried and did everything just to please me. There was even a time when she fell off the bike trying to catch up with me in a race we had and I was the one who bandaged her scraped knee. I could still remember the time when she hit the window of our neighbor when we were playing baseball and it was I who talk to Mr. Chambers and promised to pay for the damage, which having to lose a week’s allowance. I remember the time when I fell off the tree when I tried to rescue a little kitten because Sam was near to tears when she saw the helpless kitten trapped in a branch. I even fought with the tough guy when they teased Sam and made her cry and I ended up having a black eye and a bruised cheek. I remember Sam crying as she placed an ice bag over the damaged eye and give it a get-well kiss. I did everything to please her and gave everything her little heart desires.
The lake was our favorite hang out. We had our Saturday swim routine. We would pack food and later eat them under the big oak tree. There was a special branch in which the two of us could sit together and tell each other’s dreams. She dreams of being a Ballerina and she knows my dream of becoming a doctor. She never laughs at my dreams and pursuits even if they were quite impossible. It made me like her even more.

As years went by, I noticed that my feelings towards her slowly changing. Somehow, I thought it was just a simply crush case. But when I started thinking of her at night, dreaming of her and having the feeling of wanting to be with her all the time, I thought it was something different, something that made me feel strange, but then it was exhilarating feeling. It made me s alive. Whenever our hands touch, I could feel tingling sensation in my spine. Once, when we were on the lake having our Saturday swim routine and as I carried her towards the water edge, I had the feeling of not wanting to let her go. I just wanted that moment to continue hoping it would never end. I then realized I was slowly falling in love with my best friend.

Many times I deny the feeling for I was scared to imagine what would happen if ever I’d try to tell her how I feel about her. I was scared because she might think that I’m taking advantage of her and our friendship. I was afraid of losing her so I just kept my feeling hidden.
We reached the age of fifteen and I noticed that Sam grew lovelier each day. How my heart aches wherever I see boys glance her way. I want to punch their noses as I watch them talking to her giving compliments, flowers and chocolates. There were times when I watch her at a distance mixed feelings of anger and hurt because it hurts so much to know that there were so many things I wanted to tell her but then I could not do so. There were so many presents which I long to give her but then I could not for she might see me only as a friend. I was also scared of letting her know her I feel about her as much as losing her.

Then one day, I just learned from a friend that she already had a boyfriend. At first, I tried to convince myself that it was just a rumor. Her boyfriend was Mark, a popular senior, who was the heartthrob of the campus. She, being the cheerleader was close to the basketball team which Mark was the captain. When I saw them walking together at the paring lot that afternoon, I watched her with my heart slowly breaking into pieces. I saw her wave at me but I just might see in my eyes the pain I’m feeling inside because of seeing her with another guy.

Those days that followed where the saddest days of my life. How my heart aches when I see her walk by me with him at her side. Every time we meet in hallways and I see him around her, there’s a feeling inside me that makes me want to grab her away from him. How it hurts to see the girl I long possess was now owned by somebody else. That special smile long for her to cast on me was now casted on him as she passes by me she doesn’t know that I whisper the words “GOD KNOWS HOW I LOVE YOU.”

Then one faithful day they broke up. She came to me that evening crying on my shoulder. They had a big fight and it ended with their break up. Mixed feelings were scaring me inside. I was happy because she was free and maybe I would have the chance to tell her my true feeling for her but then I was feeling so bad because she is crying her heart out on just for him. At that time. I was not quite of what I wanted to do.

So we found our selves doing what we did in old days with our Saturday swim routine, spending time in our tree house. We still enjoy doing childish pranks for we still are both young at heart.
So many chances I had for me to confess my feelings for her but still I couldn’t bring myself to her for I was scared of losing her once more. I once lost her, now I could not bear of losing her again by telling her I love her. So I just kept my feelings eve if it was busting to be expressed from my aching heart.

It was a week from our Js Prom; we were seated at the branch of an oak tree drying ourselves after our afternoon swim when she said, “I was wondering Chris if you would like to be my partner?” I just got out of my wits for it was like a dream I never thought would happen. I took me a while to answer her, “I thought there are so many boys who would die for you to be their partner?” So she turned away and quietly said, “Well I jus though I would like to spend the night with my best friend.” Then she continued with a whisper I could barely hear, “Don’t you want to die just like them to be my partner Chris?” I was too stunned to speak for it came close for me to blunt my feelings for her. We were silent for a while until I finally whispered, “I would happy o be your partner Sam.” Then she smiled and suddenly kissed my checked. I could hardly contain the joy I felt that time. I saw her turned red and bowed her head. Suddenly she stood up and run towards the water saying, “last one to reach the water treats to sundae fudge!” I ran slowed so that I would lose which mean having to have her with me for another three hours or more.

Our Prom night came. I bought a new tuxedo and poured almost entire bottle of perfume. I went to fetch Sam. Sam’s mother greeted me and I went to sit in the living room waiting for her to come down. I was talking to her father when I heard her say, “how do I look?” I look up and saw her lovelier than ever in a strapless white dress with her hair flowing around her face. I stood up and opened my mouth but found out I could not find my voice. Then I got her hand shakily fastened he corsage around her wrist and whispered, “To the loveliest girl in the whole world.” She then asks, “Is that true?” I nodded and she smiled and I smiled back then I turned to open the door for her.

When we arrived at the gymnasium we hardly recognized our classmates. Gone were the jeans and T-shirts. They were replaced with tuxe4dos and gowns. Then I held out her hand bowed and said, “Would you give me the honor for your first dance?” she laughed and curtseyed. Hen I led her to the dance floor.

It was like a dream coming true, a moment of enchantment. I was there dancing with the only girl I ever loved. She was smiling up to me, as we slowly moving in a smooth gliding motion. I found my self lost as I stared down o her sparkling eyes. The curls of her long hair were like waves enhancing her beautiful face. There were so many things I wanted to tell her that moment. I wanted to tell her that she was the most beautiful girl that night. I wanted to tell that she would always be the beacon of light in my darkness, but I wanted to tell her the most was that I love her. I drew up all my courage and bent to whisper it in her ear but suddenly the music stopped and the magic was gone. I came close to her telling her, but still haven’t done it.

We walk towards the table and found ourselves surrounded by friends. I ask her if she wanted a dink, she nodded and so I went to get one. It took me a long time to get one and when I return to our table, she was gone. I ask her friend, Katie, where she was but she told me that she doesn’t know. So I went and search for her.

As I was searching for her, I reached the garden. There I saw two silhouette figures outlined by the moon’s silver light. They were so close to each other. I could never describe the feeling I had when I recognized the white dress Sam was wearing that night. I just turned and left the gymnasium. Since that night, I avoided her. Many times she tried talking tome but I never gave her a chance to do so. I was afraid to hear her say that she loves Mark and not me. I would rather have left in ignorance of her true feelings for me than to hear from those dreaded words and feel my hope crush and my heart break. I didn’t return her calls. I would not see her if she comes into my house. In the hallways, as she approaches I would go to another direction. It also hurts to do those things but then I thought that was the best way to forget her. Those months were tormenting but still I kept my pride.

The date of our graduation came. I was planning to take up medicine at a neighboring state and was to move out the next day. As the programmed ended, she approached me and handed me a rose. As she stared at me. There was something in her eyes I couldn’t describe. There was sadness in them and when she smiled it wasn’t the same smile she had. I wanted to hug her at that moment, tell her that I love her but she turned and walk away from me.

So I move out the next day as I planned. Luckily, I was accepted at the university. I concentrated with my studies but still I think of her at night. I was always wondering if she thinks of me too. I tried hard not to think of her but still I could not stop my self from loving her. Each achievement I have was done for her. I thought that if I will be successful one ay, I would be able to tell her that I love her and by that time, I’m worthy having her.

It was a year after or gradation when I decided to return home and see her again. I thought a year is too much for me not to see her and during the past year I felt like a person lost in the desert and only the sight of her could quench the thirst I have inside. As I got off the plane, I went home directly, desperately to get to her house desperate to see her, to hug her. Then I would tell her that I missed her and that I have loved her for a long time. This time I am determined to let her know my true feelings for her and I could not contain anymore the love I have for her.

I reached their house; I saw her older sister and I approached her. I smiled at her but I noticed she didn’t smile back. I was confused for she used to be a cheerful just like my dear Sam. I then asked, “Hi Jen! I guess you’re surprised why I’m here. Well I just want to visit you and I was also hoping to see Sam. I king of miss her you know. Ummmm………. By the way have you seen her?” all I saw was sadness in her eyes as she replied quietly “Come follow me.”

I was confused with the way she’s acting but still I followed her. As we were walking, I was trying to indulge her in a conversation but just answered my questioned briefly. Then realized that she was leading me to the direction of the lake. It was still the same as I left it, with the same oak tree Sam and I used to climb. I smiled upon remembering the kiss Sam gave me when I agreed to be her partner. It’s been one of the happiest days in my life and I realized that I missed Sam more than I thought. The Jen stopped walking and pointed to the tree. She then whispered, “There’s Sam.”

I look at where she was pointing and saw a newly dug tomb with the name of the girl I ever loved. I could not believe at what I saw and desperately tired convincing my self that this is all just a nightmare and I would soon wake up.

I stared at Jenny in disbelief with her eyes searching for explanation and slowly started saying, “It has been a week since she died. She died of Leukemia, but even though she was sick, she never stopped thinking about you. It was even your name she uttered before she died. She asked s to bury her here for she always regards this place of LOVE. She said that this is where she had spent the happiest days and that was when she was with you. By the way, she also asked me to give you this. “She handed me a parcel and with that she left.”
I slowly opened the parcel and saw that it contained the dried orchid from the corsage I gave her for our prom. Then at the bottom I saw a letter. It was dated last month. I opened it with shaking hands and started reading……..

THE LETTER OF SAM....
I know by this time you read this letter I’m gone. I just want to tell you that I feel very lucky and thankful to God that I had a friend like you. I would also like you to know that I had left something inside, something I kept from all these years. I kept from you all these years. I love you Chris, not in a friendly way but as one who would feel like spending the rest of my life with. I have always love you even from the start. I guess it just a bloomed each day that’s why the happiest days of my life was when you were by my side. You just don’t know how I dreamed of you at night and wake up in the morning and dream no more for you are with me. When you are away, I can’t stop crying because I’m afraid to think that you are with another girl. I just can’t bear to see you with another girl. I just want you all myself. I may sound shellfish but that’s how I feel. Each time you held me close to you was lie a dream coming true for to be close to you and feel your hear beating next to mine was heaven. So many things I did so that you will learn to love me but I NEVER saw a hint. I did everything to please you because I love you so much that I even tried to fool myself that you’re in love with me too. So many nights I’ve cried when I think of myself unloved by you. Well you might think that what I’m saying are lies but, I tell you, y hear speaks the truth for I cannot bear telling lie o one I love.

I know I might be thinking of Mark but I just did that to make you jealous, to make you see me as a young woman, capable of loving and not as the little girl you used to play with. Sometimes I imagine that you were jealous and fooled myself that it was a sign that you feel something for me too. When Mark and I broke up and I came crying, I just did that to know how would you react and with that I’ll know that you love me too. But I failed for you didn’t give me any clue. When our prom night came, you just don’t know how happy I was when you handed me the corsage and saying that I was the loveliest girl in the whole world. While we were dancing, I wanted so desperately to hear you say that you love me too but you NEVER did. When Mark came and pleaded me to give him a second chance, I was scared that you might see us talking. I didn’t want you to get the wrong impression so I told him we would talk in the garden. There I explained to him that it’s you whom I really love. What happened next was that I found you missing and later learned that you were searching for me, I just concluded that you saw us together. The next day, I tried to explain but then you gave me a chance to do so. You continuously avoided me and never knew how much pain I’ve experienced that time. I felt the world crushing on me. In our graduation day, when I approached you, I wanted to tell you how much I love you but I decided that I just couldn’t do it. I could not bear to hear that all you feel for me is just brotherly hand of love. For I want you to love me as a woman and not as a girl or playmate. So I just turned away and left.

Now that saying I LOVE YOU might be too late, still I want you to know that I always love you and my heart has always been and will be yours alone.

P.S.

Think of me sometimes….and always remember that loving you was the best thing ever happen in my life…

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I felt my tears falling as I folded the letter. I wanted to shout out to tell her now that I love her, if not as much, but more than she did for me. I love her more than anything in this world. I knelt, touching the soil of her grave and rain started to fall. I continued crying softly and whispered, “Oh God, send my love to heaven.”

THE END....

Luna of the North

Sparkly Lunatic

7,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
The Art Corner

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers