Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
ouija board safety?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bad Quality Serena

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:45 pm
my mother has always told me i was not allowed to have a board because i can open doors and invite things in. i was thinking i might be able to only call whats in my house if i cast a circle first for protection. what are your opinions on it? do you think it will work?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:35 pm
Please don't mess with Ouija boards. It's not nice to mess around with spirits, and if you aren't experienced in such things it can have serious repercussions if something goes wrong.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

wiccan of the moon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:40 am
Casting a circle could help. but it could also feed a dimensional rift, which will open a portal into another dimension and that dimension could be full of demons and wherever you are could to into a demon hotspot and end up letting out thousands of demons that could destroy the whole mortal world... *catches breath* what a sentence!

So, no, don't mess the Ouija board.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:27 pm
as far as i can tell, ouija boards can be dangerous if you dont know how to handle them. i would look much further into the useage of said board before trying anything.  

Aryain Flames

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:18 pm
queen_of_wolves15
Casting a circle could help. but it could also feed a dimensional rift, which will open a portal into another dimension and that dimension could be full of demons and wherever you are could to into a demon hotspot and end up letting out thousands of demons that could destroy the whole mortal world... *catches breath* what a sentence!

Whut? neutral Your alarmist attitude is really misplaced here; last I checked we were not living in the Buffyverse.

This is not likely to happen, in our reality or any other. A properly - and I stress the word properly - cast circle contains what energy is raised within it. If it doesn't, then it wasn't done right.

I don't care much for the Ouija board. Ouija is a trademarked name used by the Parker Bros. company for their board - talking boards have been around a long time, though, in various styles.

Things have what are called 'ritual resonance'. A concept, an item, a method - they all acquire energy into a collective that is built up over time, and contributed to by those who use that item or method. Ouija suffers from a collective energy of urban legends and people using them as toys - not as serious spiritual tools.

Avoid Ouija boards, specifically. Talking boards, as used since 1848,
are methods of divination or spirit contact that are perfectly harmless WHEN done right. There is nothing inherently wrong in using them, like any other form of spirit communication - IF - if you take proper precautions. You need to treat a talking board the same way you'd treat a pendulum, or a scrying crystal: it's a tool, and it only has what energy and properties you allow it to have.

1) Use a form of spiritual protection. Cast a circle, ward whatever room you're in, remain personally shielded. If you have jewelry, stones, or other items that are protective, use them.

Don't use the board in an unshielded space.

2) DON'T ever give out your own name, magical or otherwise. This goes double if you don't know the spirit you're in contact with. Which leads me to:

3) Don't summon unknown or wandering spirits. Doing so effectively leaves the door to that circle WIDE open to problems - especially should the spirits find a way to attach themselves to you and linger past the opening of your circle. You wouldn't invite any passing stranger into your home - don't do the same with a spirit.

4) DO summon known spirits: guides, ancestors, helpers. If you know a spirit by name who is reliable, ask them to communicate with you through the talking board. Once you get more experienced, you may be able to invoke spirits who are not 'known' to you, but who are friendly, unthreatening, and able to assist.

5) Use firm language. Your circle should be a strong boundary which cannot be crossed. When you invoke the spirits to your talking board, be firm - command, don't ask. Don't summon up what you can't put down.
Don't forget to thank but firmly dismiss your spirits when you are done.

6) When you close your circle, be sure that the energy is gathered up, burned off, or otherwise totally banished. Don't leave anything to dissipate in the area you were working it, that might attract unwanted guests, or create energetic problems.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:36 am
wow.~ lots of good information. thank you,all. i think i will learn further on spirit boards before attempting anything. ^^  

Bad Quality Serena

Conan The Barbie Doll

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:12 pm
I wouldn't. Spirits (usually those on the lower "planes") have been known to happen when people play with Spirit Boards/Ouija boards. It doesn't always happen, but it could. I'd stay away from them altogether.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:19 pm
Honestly, I wold not mess around with them. Even if nothing happens to someone you know, or even to you the first time, the possibility that something could happen is ALWAYS there. In my opinion it's a risk not worth taking.  

Dumpy Dango

wiccan of the moon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:40 pm
Morgandria
queen_of_wolves15

Whut? neutral Your alarmist attitude is really misplaced here; last I checked we were not living in the Buffyverse.

This is not likely to happen, in our reality or any other. A properly - and I stress the word properly - cast circle contains what energy is raised within it. If it doesn't, then it wasn't done right.

I don't care much for the Ouija board. Ouija is a trademarked name used by the Parker Bros. company for their board - talking boards have been around a long time, though, in various styles.

Things have what are called 'ritual resonance'. A concept, an item, a method - they all acquire energy into a collective that is built up over time, and contributed to by those who use that item or method. Ouija suffers from a collective energy of urban legends and people using them as toys - not as serious spiritual tools.

Avoid Ouija boards, specifically. Talking boards, as used since 1848,
are methods of divination or spirit contact that are perfectly harmless WHEN done right. There is nothing inherently wrong in using them, like any other form of spirit communication - IF - if you take proper precautions. You need to treat a talking board the same way you'd treat a pendulum, or a scrying crystal: it's a tool, and it only has what energy and properties you allow it to have.

1) Use a form of spiritual protection. Cast a circle, ward whatever room you're in, remain personally shielded. If you have jewelry, stones, or other items that are protective, use them.

Don't use the board in an unshielded space.

2) DON'T ever give out your own name, magical or otherwise. This goes double if you don't know the spirit you're in contact with. Which leads me to:

3) Don't summon unknown or wandering spirits. Doing so effectively leaves the door to that circle WIDE open to problems - especially should the spirits find a way to attach themselves to you and linger past the opening of your circle. You wouldn't invite any passing stranger into your home - don't do the same with a spirit.

4) DO summon known spirits: guides, ancestors, helpers. If you know a spirit by name who is reliable, ask them to communicate with you through the talking board. Once you get more experienced, you may be able to invoke spirits who are not 'known' to you, but who are friendly, unthreatening, and able to assist.

5) Use firm language. Your circle should be a strong boundary which cannot be crossed. When you invoke the spirits to your talking board, be firm - command, don't ask. Don't summon up what you can't put down.
Don't forget to thank but firmly dismiss your spirits when you are done.

6) When you close your circle, be sure that the energy is gathered up, burned off, or otherwise totally banished. Don't leave anything to dissipate in the area you were working it, that might attract unwanted guests, or create energetic problems.

sorry, i'm done. I just don't like the use of ouija boards... i've heard some pretty bad stuff and am just a little alarmed about them...i don't trust them....  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:40 am
Most of the time, things you hear come from people who have no clue what they're doing when they use one! Haha, I've heard tons of stories about them, but they all consisted of the people using them being drunk! XD Not only that, but many of the stories I've heard also consisted of the "callers" provoking the spirit that they had contacted and telling it to prove that it was actually in the room. That is one thing that you DO NOT want to do!

But I use them all the time...well not literally all the time, but I've used them before and I've never had a bad experience. Here's some more tips for you::

-When you're inviting a spirit to contact you ((after you've used a method of protection)) be sure you say firmly that the spirit is ONLY allowed to contact you through the board.
-NEVER tell the spirit to prove that it is in the room with you
-RESPECT the spirit you've invitied into your room or area, you wouldn't disrespect any other guest you've invited over would you?
-Don't take anything you ask too seriously because I've had some real tricksters come through; some spirits have a sense of humor! xd
-Everything should be fine, but if for some reason you start to feel uncomfortable, tell the spirit goodbye and slam the planchette on the board. This usually ends the conversation.

So, there you go! Have fun and be smart!
Blessed Be.  

xOx KiZA xOx

SammyInsanity

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:47 pm
Basically. STUDY stuff online and stuff about Ouija boards. I have one and use it once in awhile. Really know what you are doing keep a positive attitude and DON'T TRUST ANYTHING. Always remain skeptical. And its usually best to have 3 people and a recorder person to write everything down. that way you can catch it in lies or figure something out. ALWAYS try to be polite and never be nasty with the spirits. You usually SHOULDN'T ask it to touch you or move anything.. ( Though, I've done it. this tricky spirit was making my basement door wiggle back and forth really quick.) sweatdrop If you need ANY other kinda info on the Ouija you can always send me a PM smile I'll help! Or whatever biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:12 pm
I have an old piece of oak wood that I made a spirit board out of, but I never used it. It's just kind of takes space on my closet shelf. For adivce, I would tell you to never use a spirit board without knowing EXACTLY what you want to make contact with. If you just start asking question, anything could answer and that something might not be good. A friend of mine bought a spirit board online and used it to call her great aunt once. I wasn't there, I had a math test. But she used her great grandmother's full name and had a picture of her on the board. She said everything went fine. Just make sure you set the spirit free when you're done. You wouldn't want something hanging around afterwards.  

Emerald_Angel28

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:49 pm
don use a ouji board they are so amazingly dangerous! if u use one u are going to get urself into some thing u dont wanna be in trust me im being stalked by spirit not because of a board but its so dangerous u could be worse off than me.no amount of good protection energy will help u.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:56 am
xXOnYx MoOnXx
don use a ouji board they are so amazingly dangerous! if u use one u are going to get urself into some thing u dont wanna be in trust me im being stalked by spirit not because of a board but its so dangerous u could be worse off than me.no amount of good protection energy will help u.

.... please see my rather-lengthy post above about how the boards themselves are not dangerous if you use them properly.

If you've had problems with them in the past, you simply weren't being careful or smart.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces