Submit

Australia
  Loved it
  Hated it
  Love/Hate Relationship
View Results

the_weird_1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:43 pm
Before I went to see Baz Luhrman's movie, Australia, in cinema I was told many things, firstly that it was a racist movie, really boring from some but interesting to others, and then some others who just said they didn't get the hype around it.

When I went to see it for myself I found out that it was not a racist movie, but rather a movie about racism. To me, there is actually a clear and siginifcant difference. And it even had a bit at the end where it actually says there was an official apology by our PM!

I have to admit, at 3 hours, my a** was getting quite numb sitting in cheap seats. So I got the feeling the movie dragged on a bit.

But I didn't see any of it that was boring.

I love Baz Luhrman's movies for the same reason I love art galleries. A sense of colour just thrown into your face, centred and has background music to set your emotional mood and therefore to make you receptive to what you are looking at.

My favourite scene was with Nicole Kidman admiring the 'Big Red' kangaroos, right before THAT gun shot! And the look on her face!!

Fantastic!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:56 pm
I haven't seen it but it looks good. I don't know if I could stay away in it though lol...

(I'm not possitive but I thought we already had a Baz Luhrman Australia thread?)  

kixsy

the_weird_1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:34 pm
kixsy
I haven't seen it but it looks good. I don't know if I could stay away in it though lol...

(I'm not possitive but I thought we already had a Baz Luhrman Australia thread?)

There's a thread for the Australian Ad that accompanies the movie... and since I hate it when people post spoilers without a warning, I thought a new thread would be best. I apolagize if I'm wasting space.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:19 am
I have to agree I hate people who spoil the movie. I'd rather just not hear a thing and find out for myself its bad enough that once I've seen a movie the ending is no longer as exciting the following times  

kixsy

The Curse

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:37 pm
I hate to admit it, but I really liked the movie. Especially certain scenes from the war aspect.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:03 pm
Well I hate to admit it, but I haven't actually seen it yet... ninja  

kixsy

The Curse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:43 am
kixsy

I hired it 'cuz I needed to motivate myself to watch it. Too much hype, too little of my own opinion to add. I hate it when that happens.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:18 pm
The Curse
kixsy

I hired it 'cuz I needed to motivate myself to watch it. Too much hype, too little of my own opinion to add. I hate it when that happens.

Lol you should bring it over to Lyneham sometimes and watch it with me lol  

kixsy

The Curse

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:20 am
kixsy
The Curse
kixsy

Lol you should bring it over to Lyneham sometimes and watch it with me lol

Ahahaha.

That'd be both weird and funny in some ways. Meeting a Gaia person lol.

Late edit: (not that you're weird or anything >.>; Just that It'd be kinda funny to meet an internet friend)  
The Official Australian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games