Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
Getting your children into Harry Potter

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

insaneerin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:33 pm
When you have children (Or if you already had children, this can somewhat go to you) How will you get them into the Harry Potter world? Will you be one of those parents who name their kids after characters? Will you be pregnant and having them listen to books on tape through your tummy? Will you buy them wands and robes and the such?

I will probably be one of the crazy parents who let them listen to the books on tape/cd before they are even born. And then probably around 5 I will read the books to them.

I dont know about naming my kid after them... it might be cool! Great, I am 17 and already looking forward to having kids xp

What about you guys?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:46 pm
umm maybe read them books?
but not as far out as you! eek
no offense or anything! sweatdrop

weirdgeniousxD

Kermi

Hygienic Consumer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:22 pm
It'll be at least 10-12 years before I have kids and they're old enough to read the books - I will probably have forgotten about the books by then. But I'll have them around, I guess my kids will read them (along with millions of kids all over the world) and the whole craze will start over again.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:57 am
I will just read the books to my kids. When I was little my mom used to read the little house books to me. And from her reading them to me all those years made me really like the books.  

ElvenPrincess977
Vice Captain

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:02 am
My first two children will be named Sirius Orion and Regulus Arcturus so my children, in order to understand why I named them that, will have to read the books. Beyond that, I doubt I'd force it on them. With my love for reading, I would be sorely dismayed if my children didn't like to read.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:37 am
If you force the books upon them they are more likey to hate them later on.

Simply have the books around, if the books are good enough and well written enough to survive the passage of time, then the children will get into it of their own accord.

Even without giving them bizarre names.

Grey_Temerity

xXTrue610loveXx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:14 pm
Make them listen to it while there asleep ninja
My poor future children  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:59 pm
I think I will have them listen to books on tape in my tummy. Me and my friend were having a disscussion on how your kids would turn out depending on what you had them listen too. Harry Potter books on tape-obssessed fanatic who thinks they're a wizard. Maybe I will name a kid Lily. But mostly because I like the name. smile
I hope they read the books. By then they may be classics.  

Awkward Biscuit

pneoqueen

Business Fairy

9,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:42 pm
i think i will just let them watch the movies and reada the books when they are around like 7 or 8 when i have kids because i want them to understand things in the book and not come bug me about what it means and all that.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:08 am
errrm just read em the books.... sweatdrop  

[.Transexual Walrus]

M1r4-54n

Thieving Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:25 am
Well FIRST of all, any kid who gets named after one of those weird names you find in the books are going to get BEAT UP at school. But I'm fairly sure that the spouse of who ever will try might have more sense >.>

And I think the first step in getting your kids to read the books is to raise a reader cuz the last four books are LONG and if you're going to read them to your kid 15 minutes at a time every night he'll have time to grow a few years older before you even finish one.

But I would definitely be delighted if one of my kids gets interested in HP. =3  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games