=____=;;
  ○3○
View Results

x- Spazz Muffin -x
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:16 pm
Okay.
Here's the deal.
A friend of mine (male. Known him for a year and a half, maybe) asked me to go to the movies this past weekend.
I couldn't go, because we had family coming over and all that jazz.
So he wanted to reschedule.
I said that I can't this weekend since I've got practice for Indoor Guard and the school's play is this weekend and I wanted to see it with my a few friends.
And the only available weekend I have in February just so happens to be Valentine's Day weekend.
I said I didn't want to do it then, since it'll be too awkward, but he said he's totally fine with it.
Of course, by now I realized he has had a crush on me since however long ago, but I don't feel that way for him.
And even though it's been a year, my ex is still giving me difficulties. I'm also nervous about another close friend of mine who went into surgery this past weekend, and he still has a chance of not living.

So I'm not sure what to do.
Should I go with him on V-day (since I'd kill to see the movie. Does that make me seem like a douche?) but stress the "friends-only" deal?
Or push it off and then get a group to go?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:34 pm
That's a difficult problem you have there... Now take heed, I'm telling you what I would do, because I don't know what scale the whole 'feelings of who you're dealing with' are on, so it's hard to say.

First, simply tell him your intentions. You're going to see a movie and hang out with him. Let him know this. Make it obvious. Make sure he understands that you don't want him to make any advances or anything. Tell him to keep it platonic.

If it's the only way he'll understand, you might have to tell him a bit harshly that no, you don't feel the same way about him as he does you. I know it sounds cruel, but people get over things, even if it may not be the same between the two of you afterwards. Although I suggest simply talking to him about it and making sure he understands this in as gentle a way as possible.

xo_Deidara

Noii
Crew

Wheezing Prophet

6,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:47 pm
Er, wow, okay Spazz-san, here we have a problem.
In all honesty I have no idea what you should do, but Deidara-san sounds like she knows what she's talking about, so I would listen to her. P:
And... that's all I have fer you. D:  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:21 am

Go with him.
As long as he knows that you don't feel the same way he wont try anything on.
I have a friend that fancies me, srsly though, who wouldn't ;] as everyone keeps reminding me, and it got in the way of our friendship for a while because it made going out really awkward.
But just remind him that you are just friends.
I did that and went to see a film with him and I had a blast :]

xKirst
Crew

Romantic Nerd

12,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Party Animal 100

Stinkeryoshy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:35 pm
So your officially calling him your ex? Haha. I still don't have an ex!!! gonk
I'll work on that later-- jk jk-- xd

So I know this is probably too late (if it is then you better give me details on this movie) but if not, then I would go. He bothers me but since you might be able to stomach him enough then go and have fun! Stress the friend line but see if you like it. You know, if you enjoy hanging out with him on a sorta date then stop pushing the friend card and make little moves toward going out with him.
If the date is awkward and he's a pain then don't hang out EVER again. If he's nice but you don't feal anything special then keeping using the friend card.
Just test the water and see what happens. I did! Well now I'm embaressed. Crawls in a hole. redface  
Literally Twisted Society

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games