Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Xbox and Playstation Gaming
Mirror's Edge? [PS3, PC, Xbox306]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mirror's Edge?
  Hellz yes!! >:D
  No. Just no. >>
  Tell me more! :]
  I'll try...
  Heard of it, haven't played it. *shrug*
View Results

Megumi_12

7,300 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:07 am
User Image

THERE'S NO LOOKING BACK.
Once this city used to pulse with energy; dirty and dangerous, but alive and wonderful. Now it's something else. The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life. Some didn't and they became our clients.

Have you played it? Do you want to play it? Have you even heard of it?

Mirror's Edge is a game set in the city of Tokyo where there is only one thing that isn't part of the glitz and glam of city life - the Runners. They are what remains on the edge after the November Riots. Here you meet Faith - you -and what she does is top secret. She runs. Yes, she runs all over the city, delivering things like messages, goods or just getting answers for herself.

You jump in just as she's getting back on the job after a hard fall. Your friend and fellow runner, Celeste a.k.a. Cel, is training you to help you get back to where you were before the accident. However, once you're in you can't get out as you soon learn in the first chapter. Your sister, Kate, is a CPF cop and is framed for the murder of your father's friend. He was running for mayor and was the only one in politics who could change the city, put it back to the way it was. He's dead because he found out about Icarus.

In this game, you are like a modern-day ninja, running and jumping from roof-top to roof top, knocking out police and finding secret Runner Bags. You can complete many combos and get trophies for doing thing right. You can wall-climb, wall-run, skill roll and take a shot at Snipers with a gun of their own.

Faith knows she can't balance for long. The runners are going down. Now you just need to ask yourself: do you have what it takes to balance on the Mirror's Edge?

User Image

Post your thoughts, comments and maybe even art here to spread the love for Mirror's Edge!

Mirror's Edge Homepage

Opening: Dice +EA Games, Write Up: Me, First pic:Yago31 @dA, Second Pic: ShinjukuSquad @dA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:07 am
I got Mirror's Edge for X-mas. It's a really cool game!  

Lady Psychic

Sparkly Genius

9,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Team Edward 100

Marraca

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:26 pm
i just got it like three days ago and i beat it on easy. but i've been playing almost non stop so ya. i really hate those stupid runner cops! god they make me so mad!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:50 am
I loved the graphics and the story (hehe, everyday people outsmart Big Brother), and I found Fayth to be a likeable and deep character!

However the gameplay was not somthing that I enjoyed, I found the platforming to be complicated (maybe I'm just too slow razz ) and the combat to be lacking at best! I guess I wouldn't have hated the platforming so much if it wasn't in the first person (I can't platform without having the ability to look ALL around me to see where I'm going next!)

I don't own it, but I did rent it and I must admit it had it's charm!  

Bayou Bulldog

rapm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:53 pm
Bought it, it was nice BUT.... prepare to beat it in a day.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:55 pm
Really? just a day?!?!?!? well I still wanna play it anyway just because it sounds cool. ^^ but i don't have either a PS3 or an Xbox 360. * sob*

so i'll haveta wait to get it.  

Elizabeth BEW

Gambino Entrepreneur

8,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Wall Street 200

Master Xero_01

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:35 am
Played it beat it  
Xbox and Playstation Gaming

Manage Your Items