Submit

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:17 pm
Internet Movie Database
In the year 2056 - the not so distant future - an epidemic of organ failures devastates the planet. Out of the tragedy, a savior emerges: GeneCo, a biotech company that offers organ transplants, for a price. Those who miss their payments are scheduled for repossession and hunted by villainous Repo Men. In a world where surgery addicts are hooked on painkilling drugs and murder is sanctioned by law, a sheltered young girl searches for the cure to her own rare disease as well as information about her family's mysterious history. After being sucked into the haunting world of GeneCo, she is unable to turn back, as all of her questions will be answered at the wildly anticipated spectacular event: The Genetic Opera.

This is a wonderful film. I am not kidding. It's like Rocky Horror meets Saw meets Sweeney Todd meets Bladerunner.

If you're into musicals, you'll s**t bricks. mrgreen

So who's seen it?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:22 pm
User Imageρℓαgυε яαтs αη∂ вℓσσ∂ч cяυмρεтs...

OMG REPO! -swoon-
SUCH A GOOD MOVIE

zydrate comes in a little glass vial
a little glass vial?
a little glass vial...

Status >in want of arts

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comrade

GhoulPuppy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:01 am
I am SOOO excited to see this movie! I'm going to netflix it. I listened to the online soundtrack every day for like two weeks. ^_^ *swoongasm*  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:36 pm
I've been meaning to see it, but every time I think of it, I have something I have to do. So I'm going to set aside some time to watch it.  

Todd186

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:09 pm
I love that movie!! I can't wait to get the DVD myself, I had to borrow it from my friends!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:33 pm
I'm honestly shocked people liked this. The music was bad, the script was garbage, the acting was mediocre. I really have nothing positive to say about it whatsoever.  

Metranil Vavin

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:39 pm
Metranil Vavin
I'm honestly shocked people liked this. The music was bad, the script was garbage, the acting was mediocre. I really have nothing positive to say about it whatsoever.

People have different tastes. You may think the music is bad, but I find the harmonies veyr pleasant.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:27 pm
I saw Repo!
It was an amazing movie. The music was great, as were the characters.

Mydnyte Dystopia

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

LaceyBones

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:36 am
One of my favorite musicals.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:18 am
I loved this musical! I went to see a screening of it with a friend of mine. A local dark cabaret band named Tragic Tantrum Cabaret performed a 30 minute set (I . heart them). Then the producers judged a costume contest for the best look a like. A few people got pulled up to the front that weren't in costume (Oh my Goth!). xd  

Ms Dahl

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:13 am
I enjoyed it enough to watch it twice (something I rarely do) when I rented it. I might have to get it some day. Some of the songs are catchy enough that they stuck in my mind well after I had to return it to the video store.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:48 pm
I could almost watch this movie everyday! Creative, fresh, and fun!  

GhoulPuppy

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:45 am
own it....

i am a huge Sarah Brightman fan ever since I saw her live in Webber's "Phantom of the Opera" years ago.

Still wish they had fleshed out the plot a little more, the cartoon cutscenes made the story seem a little disjointed....I wish they had filmed the live preformance and added it to the DvD. One can only hope they re-release it with the entire live show included.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:49 am

I can't say that it was an especially good movie, but I enjoyed it. I've watched it a few times, actually.

nekys

Midnite Blue Moon 888

Fluffy Vampire

9,750 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:32 am
Watched it, loved it, bought it on Blue Ray. mrgreen  
Multimedia

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items