Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

"Donations for the poor beggar girl!"
  -Shigure from 'Fruits Basket'
View Results

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:53 am
*sigh* The grocery store I work at during the summer is closing it's doors for good. So now I'll have to search for a new job.....I'll miss working there-even though I complained I still enjoyed it..... crying

I blame the Wal-Mart that came to my hometown back in 2007. Apparently there goal was to drive my place of work out of business. Possibly over a liqueur license because here (and in other places I'm sure too) there is a limit to how many liqueur licenses there can be in a town. Well-my town was out of them which meant Wal-Mart couldn't sell alcohol. I've been told Wal-Mart would send people ((SPIES!!)) to check on prices so they could under sell the competition.....Now with "my" store out of the way, Wal-Mart can snatch up that license. *insert Moon's angry cursing*

I'll be avoiding shopping at Wal-Marts now....not that I've actually ever bought that much from them anyway. *mumbles curses*

Oh...and if anyone here actually works at a Wal-Mart...fear not-I'm not going to beat you or anything.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:01 pm
That sucks; I'm sorry that happened.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:07 pm
See! I knew Walmart was evil! Sure they're a business, but still, it's annoying how they try to take over every thing. In one town they dug up graves in a cemetery, dumped the remains somewhere else and set up shop. What more can you expect stare .  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:16 pm
@Dornkus: Thanks. ^_^

@apiyo: gonk Really?! They had a cemetery dug up? That just seems so wrong.....  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:17 pm
aww hat sucks Moon.. sad

luckily Engalnd doesn't seem to have any wallmarts...
OH WAIT!

On the motorway as you drive into my city there's an 'Asda' shop, and under the sign it says in big blue latters 'wall*mart'! gonk

haha so loks like they are over here as well.

I never shop there anyway- too far to drive. Might as well go down the local supermarket xp  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:22 pm
dragontamer363
aww hat sucks Moon.. sad

luckily Engalnd doesn't seem to have any wallmarts...
OH WAIT!

On the motorway as you drive into my city there's an 'Asda' shop, and under the sign it says in big blue latters 'wall*mart'! gonk

haha so loks like they are over here as well.

I never shop there anyway- too far to drive. Might as well go down the local supermarket xp

Yes-support the little local people!! 3nodding  

0Moon_Maiden0

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:25 pm
I heard a lot of bad things about walmart. I don't shop their often either. My one friend is completely against shopping there at all and disprizes it. Something about walmart underpaying people from other parts of the world to make products for them....

I hate that there's gonna be a super walmart opening nearby here. This is a quiet neighborhood that's nice and all...and with that walmart opening up...our roads will be busy and nosy ect...... >_> It stinks!
There's already a walmart nearby...just a few minutes away. but since this is a "super' walmart....we know that road *main road here* will be flooded with cars then. It's opening up and so is a ross and stuff. That shopping center used to be so quiet with only one big store and a few smaller stores and a home depot. >_>  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:20 am
Awww im sorry i lost my job too  

Red Groovy Kroovy

3,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Profitable 100

Aqira

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:33 pm
I haven't seen any wal mart around here *hugs*
sad that you lost your job sad  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:36 pm
No wal mart here *we are free from darkness....Accept that I excist here in sweden XP
I have no job because I'm to young *sigh*
I hope you find a job my dear heart  

Yllirion

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:00 pm
Thanks-I'm sure some other business in my home town will hire me. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:44 pm
dont worry!! im sure you'll find an even better job soon(:
i've never seen wal mart around here... i guess i dont have them here x.x

Fate-J

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:52 am
Sorry about the job, hon.

Besides grocery stores, and the occasional dollar store, there's only one real store in my town to buy goods... WAL-MART. Games, movies, craft and art supplies, clothes... the only place you can get them in Jackson, Kentucky is Wal-Mart. ...Oh, yeah, we do have a paint/appliance/phone/pets/gardening shop. Almost forgot that one.

And in the town besides ours there's a Super Wal-Mart... I can't get away from them. I CAN'T GET AWAY!!!!!

Let's just remind people that not everyone who works at Wal-mart are evil people... I know a lotta people in my neighborhood who work there.

I used to work there. Apparently though the big wigs that own the one in my little town were debating on whether to keep it. Someone wanted to make it into a super Wal-Mart and move it a little farther away. Another person wanted to move it to a city 1 hour away (which is an hour and a half away from my house. I don't live in the main part of town.) Obviously, this guy's probably gonna win, and i'll just have to get rid of my materialistic ways for good.

Worst part about Wal-mart: no good MANGAS or ANIME!!!
Sometimes, they'll have Shonen Jump, or Naruto, or Pokemon books, but no Fruits Basket, no Inuyahsa, nothing that I've been wanting to read!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:04 am
Don't any bookstores do them?
I dunno fi you ahve waterstones or WHSmith where any of you live - but they do lots of manga recently.
As for anime, I get it form HMV.

yup yup.
actually, i get most stuff from amazon..shhh! lol  

dragontamer363
Crew

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items