Submit

What should I do?
Find a way to satisfy his cravings.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lock the hamster up! He's nuts!
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
The energy idea, that's yet to be determined... Yeah, do that.
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Avoid him. He'll pounce you... Like a tiger. And suck your blood! Rwar!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other... Something else... Just not that... Give me a minute...
80%
 80%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 15

Akasha_wp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:20 am
Alright... I've known this for a while, but never actually really... Gave a crap. Nothing really suprises me anymore. But one day we're having a good ol' chat on MSN and pretty much he told me he need the energy from blood. Overall, can I help him? Find a way to give him the energy he "needs" without anybody atracting any type of horrible amazon flu or something.

Before I knew this, discovery channel told me that my cousine had a horiible sexual fetish or a mental illness of sorts... Either way I don't want to be near him...

Anywho, help me out people. If I do give him this energy, it's gonna have a strong affect on me. I prosume... Anyways, I need ideas.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:15 pm
First off, You cant get "energy" from blood, Because it goes directly to your stomach, and mostlikely, all it'd get you is throwing up/ sick. Your cousin might mean energy as in...Like the "kick" he needs for excitement or something. I dont think your cousin has a mental illness but I think they're just thinking into the blood thing the wrong why.

Why dont you ask him HOW much does he drink, (a quart, table spoon full...etc.) Because there is no way a human can drink blood like he brags about it and not be sick.

Now if he was a vamp, he wouldnt brag like that about needing it for energy, now thats a whole different story, but hes not a vamp. He does the energy thing like on "impluse" Like example, Clepto's steal on impluse, even if they're rich they steal, cause its on impluse.  

QueenCrystal

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:24 pm
Actually, blood is known to be a very concentrated carrier of energy in many magical systems. I don't know your cousin, so I don't know the situation, but I've heard of people who either need or believe that they need to obtain energy from outside sources due to "leaks" through which they loose the energy from their own system. Personally, I'd look into a means of plugging up that leak, but that's probably not something that you can do for your cousin as a casual thing.

At any rate, if you want some information on the vampiric community, here's a list of FAQs on a website that I've found informative:

http://www.sanguinarius.org/faqs/index.php

As for whether or not you should donate energy to him, that's a personal call, I'm afraid. Yes, it will affect you- it's your energy, and you'd be feeding it to someone (or something, depending on the reason why your cousin is displaying these tendencies) else. But perhaps reading through some of the stuff on Sanguinarius.org will help you to make a more informed decision. Along with, of course, more comments from the guild.^_~  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:50 am
Simply judging by your post, you seem more than a little uncomfortable with your cousin's... quirk, so giving them your energy is likely not a good idea, and more than likely wouldn't help the situation any way. There are other means for your cousin to go about acquiring energy other than drinking blood (which is a great way to contract and spread diseseas if they're not careful!), but for reasons unknownst to us, they may be under the perception that they can only get the energy that they need from consuming blood. In such a case, your energy would be no good to them, unless you're willing to allow them to drink your blood.

I'd also caution against diagnosing them based on the Discovery Channel. As informative and entertaining as the programing is, it leaves out a lot of the required information a professional would use to make the same diagnosis. I agree with Banu that you should probably do some reading, if only to try and grasp an understanding for why your cousin is drinking blood.

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:07 pm
As others have suggested, I'd avoid helping him directly at this time. If he already makes you uncomfortable, giving energy in any form other than regular food or digestable product would make things more detestable. Also, why does he need it? Does he really need another way to gain energy than by normal means? Or is he just doing it because he 1.) wants attention, 2.) is too lazy to get some rest and eat properly, 3.) misguided about the properities of energy, or 4.) a combination or other poor reason.

Review the situation and facts with multiple sources, then come back with your findings. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:31 pm
Under NO circumstances should you let your cousin have ANY of your blood or energy! Whatever he may say, or ask, or bargain or even plead; absolutely no good could come of it. Banu and Gypsy are correct. If you are considering taking any kind of action, you will require information and then more information. For that matter, the rest of us here could possibly serve you better if we had more to go on, as regards this cousins situation. What do you know of his condition and what he says, or believes it to be? Your post gives the impression that this is a long-standing problem. Are you able to say what precisely he does, and wants?

This cousin says he drinks blood, but he also says he needs it for the energy. Living blood is indeed the single most powerful source of magical/psychic energy. Assuming he is on the level with you here, not just trying to freak you out, that is the most telling point you have mentioned so far. This is, pure and simple, psychic vampirism. There are some psychological conditions, as you say, that could be at work in his case; but they, too, could include some degree of psychic vampirism. Some (few, but I think growing in number) psychologists recognize the validity of psychic vampirism as a real health problem, and are prepared to treat it. Their approaches might be to deal with a paranormal health-risk as such, or they may simply go along with the belief system of a patient to gain the patients concerted effort to defeat the illness.

Interestingly, a study was done, by psychologists, using Kirlian photography. When Kirlian photography first appeared, it was supposed to be graphically revealing the aura; the human life-energy field. Personally, I never payed much attention to Kirlian, until this research. In the study, through questionnaires and interviews, the researchers identified potential psychic vampires, and potential victims of such. (!) These individuals then, each had a Kirlian photo taken of them. There was a pronounced difference between the image detected for a healthy person and that of a subject placed in the high-risk group of likely energy-vampires.

The images should have shown a rather lovely electric-blue, flame-like emission extending from the skin, evenly and all over. For the potential e-vamp only, there is an unusual black region surrounding the bluish 'glow', which is also unnaturally uneven and constricted. Most strangely, however, from the blackness, extending in all directions are black, tentacle like filaments. This has only been observed in suspected or admitted psychic vampires. The victims on the other hand, have what appear to be black 'tentacle' fragments or hook-like structures inside their 'aura' or energy field. The field itself has a tear, or hole in the normal emission. The victims energy field was found to eventually repair itself, if the attack was a rare occurrence. Prolonged, or repeated exposure shows the black areas becoming larger and the energy- field becoming more and more like that of the e-vamp; ultimately the victim must become a victimizer them-self, unless they know to seek help. Those subjects in the study, and since, who were identified as energy-vampires, regardless of whether or not they were aware of the condition, were unlikely to recover (though it is possible). Those who definitely knew and embraced their condition were least likely to recover of all the personality types observed.

Willingly giving energy to such a person would be asking for trouble. Not to say that this definitely applies to your cousin, not to diagnose from a distance, I am just saying to look before you leap... and then do not leap. It is not even a question of 'giving a little', just to buy them time to heal themselves. Energy can be had from other, more ethical sources, none of which put another person at risk. You do not want to allow them to literally get their 'hooks' in you. This would give them easier access to your energy, in the future; regardless of their conscious intention. Give them blood, even MORE so. Once their system, physical and non-physical, becomes trained in gaining energy in a certain way, it will continue to do so, automatically.

This kind of vampirism is an addiction. Every time the individual feeds, it temporarily fills the need but the underlying cause remains, unchecked. More than likely, the weakness in their energy field will grow larger- creating a vicious cycle. An e-vamp could be 'cured' but it would take an effort, a large effort, on their part. Aura/energy leaks can be sealed and strengthened. Energy flows and usage can be modified and controlled. The metaphysical aspect of the problem is the easy part. The difficult part is that the e-vamp has to want to change and actually take the effort to make the change happen. Some regimen of professional psychological treatment would be highly useful, I should think, in seeking a recovery. I will go out on a limb on this one point though, just guessing, but does this cousin abuse drugs of any kind; alcohol, pot, narcotics? If no other kind of pathology is in place to create the initial problem with the personal energy field, use of these things put a person on the fast track to malformations, and weaknesses in the aura. If the person does any kind of magical work or is in the least, psychically gifted, even more-so.

Hope things are going well for you.  

Dr. Arcane

Akasha_wp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:20 pm
Alright... Thank you all. I got some more info, even though I think I know what it is. He says he needs the energy because he just doesn't have enough of it. Now it could be just an energy hole or whatever, but I really don't think that's it. He says he feels scared and anxiety all the time. He's on pills for that now.

Hey hey!! Seraph if you see this, you're not going to like what I think. I think it's a psi vamp or a leech. I've had one of these on me and i'm scared shitless of it happening again. I get shivers thinking about it. Anyways, I really don't feel like talking about it. Just tell me what you guys think...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:21 pm
@ the doctor~ That's really cool by the way. I think I'll look that up. cool

Akasha_wp

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:30 pm
If you're afraid of leeches, you should leave your cousin alone, end of story. He sounds like a leech, not just in an energy.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:33 pm
But... He's my cousine. I don't want to but I probably should.

Akasha_wp

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:38 pm
Akasha_wp
But... He's my cousine. I don't want to but I probably should.
...It doesn't matter if you're related by birth: what matters is your health and who you really care about.

A lot of people today try to use blood-ties as a way to get something. Don't be pulled down by this; you should do what is in your best interest. As you do not realy care for him, nor can he really benefit from you, the best thing to do is leave him be.

I'd value a very good friend over a relative I hardly knew, and I come from a very strong-knit family. This is because we've been taught to place our loyalties based on personality, not appearances or like matters.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:49 pm
Either way he's someone in need of help... besides, if I'm right, he's not being himself. I've been there, it's not pretty at all.

Akasha_wp

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:56 pm
If its help you can give without possible repurcusions, that's fine. Just... no blood.

Unless you want to go out and by him some raw groundbeef. Just make sure its not from Canada. wink

And I'm able to say the Canada thing because I live in the state that got that cow. stressed  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:07 pm
He'd like that... o.o"

Akasha_wp

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:36 pm
Akasha_wp
He'd like that... o.o"
Then go with that. If you feel really nice, go to a special market and pick him up a skinned rabbit or a cow heart.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff