Boom Blox Bash Party!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:39 pm
There's a sequel to Boom Blox coming! Hooray! I was worried that they wouldn't try one because I don't think the first one sold incredibly well, but Spielberg is apparently da bomb. Here's the official press release, with important things bolded for ya.

GoNintendo
Guildford, UK January 29, 2009 – Get ready for the ultimate blox-busting action as Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced BOOM BLOX™ Bash Party for Wii™, the sequel to the critically-acclaimed BOOM BLOX™ game for Wii. EA’s collaboration with director and producer Steven Spielberg continues with BOOM BLOX Bash Party, and the destructive fun reaches new heights with richer multiplayer action and more than 400 new levels that will have players of all ages gaming together and solving action-packed puzzles under water, in zero gravity, and beyond!

“BOOM BLOX Bash Party is a wild social gaming experience,” said Steven Spielberg. “We know families and friends really enjoyed playing the original BOOM BLOX together, so we designed more explosive multiplayer experiences with BOOM BLOX Bash Party.”

BOOM BLOX Bash Party is even more fun to play with friends and family, featuring twice as many multiplayer challenges as the original, and now offers team-based challenges! Players can play with or against friends, solo or in teams, knocking down blocks, destroying towers, slinging and launching blocks and characters, for tons of high-energy, family-friendly fun!

BOOM BLOX Bash Party is packed with tons of new features that are sure to get the party started! The game showcases new block types, including: virus and conveyor blox, new blox shapes, such as: cylinders and wedges, and new tools that will make for even more destructive fun. Players will find twists on BOOM BLOX game play favorites like throwing and grabbing. Players now can also sling, launch, and blow the competition away with new cannon, paint ball and slingshot tools.

Even the characters are in on the action as BOOM BLOX Bash Party features a new cast of wacky blox characters. This time they don’t just cheer you on, they are now blox themselves and you can throw, stack or even launch them, utilizing them to create even more madness and mayhem!

The fun continues online as BOOM BLOX Bash Party enables players to download even more new levels via the Internet. With the press of a button, players will be able to grab, play and rate new levels from EA as well as levels created by members of the BOOM BLOX Bash Party community. Using the game’s easy-to-use Create Mode, players now have the power to share the levels they built with friends, or submit their masterpiece to be shared with the world! The expanded Create Mode lets players build and create like never before, giving them access to the same tool set the EA development team used to create each and every level in the game!

“In BOOM BLOX Bash Party we are taking the game elements to the extreme,” said Amir Rahimi, Senior Producer. “In the original BOOM BLOX, we really focused on perfecting the game’s physics so now we can push the boundaries of physics, offering exciting new challenges and completely new ways to play.”

Developed by the EA Casual Studios, BOOM BLOX Bash Party will be available in North America and Europe in Spring 2009. BOOM BLOX Bash Party has not yet been rated by PEGI. For more information, visit http://eagames.co.uk or to download artwork, visit www.electronicarts.co.uk/press.

GamesPress

It's sounding pretty awesome, I'm just worried that they're focusing too much on adding new content and not about changing it up enough. Boom Blox was a blast, but now I might just skip buying the first one so I can get this one. Even better news found from GoNintendo here which linked to MTV here states that there will be no friend codes!

GoNintendo
- no Friend Codes reconfirmed
- rate and rearrange downloaded levels
- Spielberg may make his own level to be included in the game
- slingshot effect added: grab an object with the Wiimote, pull back and release to send it flying
- shooting mechanic from the first game will be used much less
- head-tracking will not be included
- no support for Wii MotionPlus
- nothing recycled from the first game
- new block shapes discussed: cylinders, ramps and more
- character blocks from the first game are now integrated more into gameplay
- could there be a Boom Blox movie? - “He (Spielberg) actually has expressed interest in it at different times, but it’s not something we’re discussing at the time.” - producer Amir Rahimi
- EA stressed that the movie idea was just a brainstorming session, and there are no actual plans

A Boom Blox movie. What a preposterous, hilarious idea. Also, downloading levels will be free, and again, no friend codes!

Quote:
A portion of a 1up interview with senior producer Amir Rahimi…

1UP: Can you elaborate on how level sharing works online? Will EA approve each level? What will be the process from creating a level to seeing it appear online?

AR: Once a user has created a new level, they can submit it to EA. EA will review submitted levels, filter out any inappropriate content, and make a selection of them available to the community. This process does not apply to the Wii Friends feature. Users will have unfiltered access to any level created by anyone on their Wii Friends list. Users can also search for and rate the levels that are made available.

1UP: Will there be any costs involved with downloading EA-created or user-created levels?

AR: The only costs the user will incur are their own Internet costs. There will not be an additional charge from EA to download levels.

Link

A couple of screenshots

I only played a bit of the first, but I thought it was pretty cool. I think this sequel is just going to have me sold, though by putting me over the fence. also lol am I a game journalist yet  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:55 pm
Oh come on you guys, Boom Blox is fun.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

gutterball29

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:44 am
I've never played Boom Blox, this does sound pretty interesting, so I'll probably rent it.

For these kinda games I think try before buy is the way to go.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:15 am
gutterball29
I've never played Boom Blox, this does sound pretty interesting, so I'll probably rent it.

For these kinda games I think try before buy is the way to go.
Definitely. Boom Blox was on my list of games to get around to buying after having played it, but it was pretty far down the list. The sequel is just going to be a lot higher for all of the new stuff they're adding.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:43 am
I'm just not that into this game. Its fun, but meh.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:20 am
I should really try it out, it sounds like a fun game.

Also, how can they turn this into a movie? Wouldn't that be like... trying to make a movie out of Tetris?  

Bodewyn

Devlin Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:09 am
Boom Blox gave me some of the funniest mulitplayer experiences I've had this console generation. I'll defiantly be picking this up.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:40 am
I enjoyed the first Boom Blox for the most part, so I'll probably at least rent the second one.  

misternitsua

IRL Feeder

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:50 am
N-no Friendcodes?! eek
I'll have to try this out =D  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:52 pm
Bodewyn
I should really try it out, it sounds like a fun game.

Also, how can they turn this into a movie? Wouldn't that be like... trying to make a movie out of Tetris?
Yes.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas