User ImageUser Image

Sex: Female

Height: 5' 3"

Weight: 115 lbs

Build: Medium/Thin

Race: Moon Elf

Pets: None

Profession: Melee

Bio: Liyrin was born the middle child into an average family. She grew up in an average way and always dreaded living an average life forever. Her mother cared for the children and her father taught swordsmanship. She was expected to follow, as all women in her family did, into being a plain and simple mother. The mere thought sickened her. She spent all her free time watching her father and brothers. Eventually she developed a mild skill with the blade.

When she was 17 her parents announced that she was to be wed. Realizing what little freedom she may have had was to be quickly gone, she packed her things and ran. Following the road she came to a large city where she sold all of her possessions to buy a blade. She picked up whatever odd jobs she could find until she had enough money to buy proper lessons.

Since then she has honed her skills and works as a sword for hire. Her hope constantly remains that she will one day find an adventure worth living life for.

Additional Refs:
The necklace Selire gave to Liyrin
Me! [By Miyako-Mira]

Descriptive Stats

Hair Color/ Style: Short, black roots fading into red
    Eye Color: Iced Blue
    Skin Color: Pale
    Clothing: Anything that's there
    Weapons: A thin blade balanced just for her
    Jewelry: Three silver eyebrow piercings, two ear piercings and a lip ring. She also has an amulet that her father gave her just before she left
    Markings: She has a tattoo on her left shoulder

Possessions: Her blade and clothes.

Master: N/A
    Friends: Selire: She seems sweet! Her mother sounds like a wonderful woman.
    Amun: So sweet for a dark elf. Maybe not all of them are as bad as I was told. Seems he came from a typical family though.
    Acquaintances:
    Darrian: Another dark elf! He too seems really nice.

Spells - Level One: Melee

Weapon Specialty (Sword)-
    Choose one or two of the weapon types to gain the basic knowledge of how to use them. Each weapon type counts as one ability.

Evasion- “Kikerülés”
    Temporarily increases reflexes by 50% . Lasts 30 seconds, has no effect of running speed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:05 pm
Daddy,

Wow, its been so long since I've had time to sit and write to you. I've arrived in Vanya finally. Its so huge, and always so busy. There are people constantly doing things, even in the dead of night. The inn I'm staying in is on the shabby side but its comfortable and friendly. It almost reminds me of home. I hope things are well with the family. Though I won't write to them, I do worry for their well being.

There is a festival in Vanya for the next few days. Its an attempt to ease the recent tension a little. The marketplace has been packed with all sorts of people. Today the had a beautiful stage performance. The actors knew their roles inside and out. It was as if it was all playing out for the first time right there on stage!

After the performance the most wonderful thing happened to me! I met Selire and Amun. Selire is the most beautiful arthorian I've ever seen. Her skin and hair are a gorgeous shade of green. What is really eye-catching though are her eyes. They're two different colors. I feel to shy to ask about it, but I have a feeling I may get the chance if we stay together as a group. Its nice to have people around after spending so much time in solitude. Oh yes! Amun! He's the oddest little creature. Well, not creature, dark elf. Yes, I said dark elf. He's always chattering away in the most cheerful manner. I'm just so happy. We are supposed to meet again tomorrow. Which reminds me, I should go to bed. I eagerly wait to hear from you.

With all my love, Your devoted daughter
Liyrin

DarkHikari

Shadowy Seeker

DarkHikari

Shadowy Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:05 pm
I went with Selire and Amun to find a lost child today. The hospital was so creepy, and filled with such an evil intent. We opened the third floor door...and after that it goes blank. I am so sure that I was in an illusion, but when I came too it was if out of a deep sleep. And my dreams....those were not dreams created by illusions...least not any I have encountered. I dreamed of my father. Of the happy times we shared. In the pit of my stomach I fear the worst. He has not returned my letters in months. Still, I hold out hope that it is because he is busy, or away on some task. I miss him so much that it hurts, but I will never return home. Not till I have made a name for myself. As I write this I sit, not far out of Vanya, leaning against a tree with leaves so green its unearthly. I must leave soon, in hopes I can find Selire or Amun near the market stall where we first set out to find the child. Still...something tells me that something terrible looms nearby...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:12 pm
Daddy,

Wow. It seems like it been ages, but I guess its only been a few weeks. So much has happened since I wrote to you last. The other day, when I went to meet Selire and Amun again, the strangest thing happened. We heard a story of a little girl who had wandered away and gotten lost. We thought we might look for her at the hospital. While we were there everyone was acting...odd. Even more so than normal hospital people.
I must have hit my head or something, because I a had a terrible dream. I guess...I guess I was just worried about you. Hence this letter. Anyway, when I woke up, Selire and Amun were gone. I'm about to leave to start looking for them. I just want to know that they're okay. I also wonder if they ever found the little girl.

Lots of Love,
Liyrin

DarkHikari

Shadowy Seeker

DarkHikari

Shadowy Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:07 pm

-Tiny Hotel Room. 3 years later-

Have three years really passed? Has it been only three long, agonizing years since that day? I am not longer that hopeful and naive child I was then. I doubt my own dear father would recognize me now. My father... How odd. Its been almost a year since I've thought about him. I wonder now if the lack of response to my letters may be connected to this....plague. Every night I lie awake listening to the pained screams of the dead, mourning or soon to be dead. Every day I walk -trapped in a dream-like haze- through the city, having long since grown accustomed to the smoke from burning dead. None of this bother me as much as the shadows that seem to press in from all sides outside the city walls, smothering and suffocating us like trapped vermin.
I come to think of this little room as home. I make a living taking whatever odd job I come across. What I can't make legally I acquire from the possessions of the recent dead. Why should it bother me? We'll all be joining them soon enough. As for afterlife divine judgment, I think this is it, it has come early to us all. I wonder sometimes if Amun, Selire and Darrian are making do. Or have they already gone ahead. Maybe that is the better outcome.

What sort of hell is this...and more to the point....what have we done to bring this punishment upon us?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:04 pm
I've started running low on supplies. With the city closed off and condemed, re-stocking has become impossible to say the least. I never thought that I would consider this, but I may have to seek out a black market of sorts. I've fallen so low, and I know my father would be ashamed. Maybe my mother was right. I should have never left home. I would have been there with my father in his final moments. I have.....given up hope. No. Rather, I hope that my father is gone. I would rather think that he is in a better place, not trapped in this hell on earth like the rest of us.

I've change so much. Its really terrifying. I wonder if the day will ever come that I resume the childlike happiness I once enjoyed.

DarkHikari

Shadowy Seeker

. Journals .

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces