Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
Mountain Dew, you too?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think?
  'Tis a plague...a plague that is never ending...O.o
  Well, that's different. What of it?
  I see nothing wrong with that.
  Gimmie gold, gimmie gold...-dances-
View Results

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:41 am
I was walking in the store just recently, and I noted something. The cans of Mountain Dew now only say "Mnt Dew".

Thinking my eyes were deceiving me, I asked a nearby fellow customer if I was seeing what I thought I was. He nodded and said, "I don't know why they changed it; it was fine as it was." I nodded in agreement and left.

If they are still keeping the same logo on the box...surely it can't be for the sake of expense that they shortened the words on the can.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:08 pm
I don't understand the point.

It's not like the logo was taking up too much space on the can, or was taking too long to read.

If anything, it takes longer to say now.

MTN Dew, as opposed to Mountain Dew.

It's a whole extra syllable you have to say, assuming you're like me and insist on calling it by the name on its label.  

Lekonua

Wealthy Genius

5,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:20 am
Lekonua
I don't understand the point.

It's not like the logo was taking up too much space on the can, or was taking too long to read.

If anything, it takes longer to say now.

MTN Dew, as opposed to Mountain Dew.

It's a whole extra syllable you have to say, assuming you're like me and insist on calling it by the name on its label.

What I also don't understand is why they kept the old label on the box, and then changed what was inside on the cans.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:36 pm
I think the cans/bottles were fine just as they are, they're only trying to appeal to younger, 'hip txting' crowds. For some reason, the new logo bothers me a bit... but I'm not getting hung-up over it. It's just marketing, however annoying it may be.

Master Akhekhu Crocell

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff