Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.
March 09 Issue

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:08 am
User Image
Volume 5, Issue 3
On the Cover: Ann and Daigo from Sand Chronicles

Inside:
Preview: Hot Gimmick [VIZBIG Edition] by: Miki Aihara
Normal Chapters of Sand Chronicles, Crimson Hero, Vampire Knight, Haruka: Beyond the Stream of Time, honey and clover (2 chapters), and Honey Hunt
Normal Hot List/Get This Look/High Style, Low Budget/Beat Box/Letters/Fan Art/Streen Seen/Horoscope
Manga Spotlight on Skip Beat!
Editor's Letter: Read Your Greens
"Springing for Glory:" Get the info on Japan's real-life volleyball tournament.
"Turning Japanese:" Cathy Yardley's new book explores life at a manga publishing company.
"DIY: Rainy Day Lunch:" A salvaged unbrella makes for a chic lunchbox.
"Cooking: Spring Salads"
"Technically Kawaii:" Cover your gadets in all things cute!
"Mo'Video Games:" Get a job; travel the world; be a penguin!
"Green Tales:" Manga and anime can inspire you to save the world.
"Inside Sand Chronicles:" Take an in-depth look at the characters, story, symbols, and scenery in Hinako Ashihara's poignant manga. Plus, our exclusive interview with Ashihara-sensei.
"Battle for the Planet:" Get ready for our no-holds barred eco-slugfest between Japan and the US. May the greenest country win.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:20 pm
I thought that this month's issue was really cute!!! I loved the hot list and the DIY. But the Vampire Knight manga was too short!!! it totally left me wanting more!!  

Selene_Death_Dealear

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:16 am
I really liked this issue too!

I was figuring it out, and we have 26 chapters left of honey and clover, so it will take a year and a month to finish it's run in the magazine. Apparently we're only halfway done with Sand Chronicles, according to the feature, so we've got a while to go on that one. The rest of the series are still running in Japan. :]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:29 pm
I loved the preview of Hot Gimmick and this issue as always of course, now i am just anixously awaiting the next issue to come out. I always end up reading it all when i first get it. I read manga really fast, and I really agree about VK chapter bring too short. What's gonna run after honey and clover??  

Luna Vampire Yuki

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:43 pm
Luna Vampire Yuki
What's gonna run after honey and clover??

Who knows. It will most likely be something they get a license for at about the time honey and clover finishes it's run. So don't expect to know until about this time next year. Unless they take it out of the magazine before it finishes it's run, which seems very unlikely. :/

.: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games