Reply Buying and Advice
Recoil Pads Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:22 pm
Okay, I just ordered Limbsaver's basic recoil pad (the SHOULDER one).
I haven't heard a single word of bad about them, but what are everyone else's opinions on Limbsaver's products for their price?

I'm getting it because I'm tired of bruising from my bolt-actions. That, and I'll be shooting a bunch of .30-06 in April, since there will be a small class about CMP three-position at the guy's house.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:14 pm
Now, that's the one that straps onto your shoulder right?
Let me know how it works for you.
I'd like to not get bruises on my shoulder as well.  

OberFeldwebel

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:06 pm
I was asking if anyone else had used one before XD

Well, I ended up getting it at Sportsman's guide, so you know, because it was a whopping $3 less than at Midway's. Which was surprising, but I went with it anyway. I SHOULD get it Tuesday, which means some quality time patterning the #3 buck in the shotgun.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:24 am
uryu ishida

Well, I ended up getting it at Sportsman's guide, so you know, because it was a whopping $3 less than at Midway's. Which was surprising, but I went with it anyway. I SHOULD get it Tuesday, which means some quality time patterning the #3 buck in the shotgun.

neutral
They have it at Sportsmans?
I didn't know that.  

OberFeldwebel

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:08 pm
OberFeldwebel
uryu ishida

neutral
They have it at Sportsmans?
I didn't know that.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=359239  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:44 pm
Never had a Limbsaver. I had a Pachmayr on the Enfield, but it didn't really fit (at all), so I bought a Bearclaw. That works like a charm.

Actually, I just slipped the Pachmayr on my M44, and I kind of like it. While it may sound odd putting a recoil pad on a .22, I like the extra 3/4" it adds to the length of pull. I might keep it there. We'll see.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Barru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:27 pm
Fresnel
Never had a Limbsaver. I had a Pachmayr on the Enfield, but it didn't really fit (at all), so I bought a Bearclaw. That works like a charm.

Actually, I just slipped the Pachmayr on my M44, and I kind of like it. While it may sound odd putting a recoil pad on a .22, I like the extra 3/4" it adds to the length of pull. I might keep it there. We'll see.

Careful now,
I thought that you meant the Mosin Nagant M44, then I remembered that NO slip on recoil pad fits those.
Then the .22 cleared it up.

*spits up drink*

$35?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:32 pm
You should look at the prices on Limbsaver's website. It's $39.99 straight from them.  

uryu ishida

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:52 pm
Barru
Fresnel

Careful now,
I thought that you meant the Mosin Nagant M44, then I remembered that NO slip on recoil pad fits those.
Then the .22 cleared it up.

*spits up drink*

$35?
Actually, the Beartooth (not Bearclaw, my bad) would probably fit pretty well. I forget what it was marketed to fit on, but it was some kind of Mosin. It's stretchy neoprene with foam inserts and a rubber interior, so it probably would fit. You might give it a try.

http://www.beartooth-products.com/shop/recoil-pad-kits/recoil-pad-kit-brown.html

That's the one I've got. It fits the Enfield incredibly well. I even cut a hole in it for the sling swivel. It tells you to do that, in fact, and the seam is offset to accommodate it.

User Image

EDIT: Sorry for the ******** huge picture, but Photobucket's being retarded. It should fix itself in a while.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:55 pm
My friend has a rubber slip-on recoil pad on his M38. It was a pain to get on, but it's on none-the-less.  

Freak_090
Captain

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:13 pm
If it gets to clay shooting in the fall, I might get one of their shirts, which INTEGRATES the pad, in a shirt, but it's CHEAPER than buying the pad.

It just looks bad in practically any color combo.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:27 pm
uryu ishida
If it gets to clay shooting in the fall, I might get one of their shirts, which INTEGRATES the pad, in a shirt, but it's CHEAPER than buying the pad.

I swear I've seen one of those with a pad built in the shirt that was just solid khaki, and it looked pretty decent. Must have been either SPG or CTD selling it, I don't really look anywhere else on a regular basis.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:52 pm
Fresnel
uryu ishida

I swear I've seen one of those with a pad built in the shirt that was just solid khaki, and it looked pretty decent. Must have been either SPG or CTD selling it, I don't really look anywhere else on a regular basis.
I think it was SPG, and it was just some of that crap foam.

This is what I'm talking about, from Limbsaver.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:18 am
The reversible shoulder one would be the best.
However, if they made one of those shooting shirts in short sleeve that would be good too.

Appeals to my laziness since I'm figuring switching it from right to left would require some work.  

OberFeldwebel

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:07 pm
Got the pad today. Pretty damn hard to get to fit right XD On the right shoulder, at least. There were no instructions, not even a picture. So it takes a bit of fumbling to get fitted correctly.

Next up, when I have a free day, the test! It feels like it'll work well, once I get it fully adjusted correctly. My shotgun seats well, but the pad is still a bit loose.  
Buying and Advice

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff