Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
a little help please?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Eluveitie Eventide-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:10 pm
okay. My friend and i practice together and there seems to be a problem with a spirit on the road she lives on. her and i have both felt it and it is beginning to become angered and we don't know why. we're thinking that it might be because it can sense us and feels threatened?? but that wouldn't really explain why it feels like it has negative energy all around it does it? also, we keep feeling emotions of resentment and utter hate, to the point of being terrified everytime we feel it close. it has never hurt us but one of our friends is being followed by something now and he's having the same feelings and it's making noises and acting as if it wants to hurt him. we think it might be because it thinks we can defend ourselves, and he can't, seeing as how it only began when he was with us one day when it was around. i've already tried using sage and crystals in the area it comes usually, but it seems to not be working...any suggestions? any would be appreciative. i don't want to threaten it. i just want to let it know that we won't harm it and to please leave him and us alone. i've tried telling it this but it won't listen...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:31 pm
If you don't want to harm or threaten it, what was the sage and crystals in aid of?

You could give it a present I guess. Or you could investigate things you may have done to piss him or her off in the first place. I guess it depends what it actually is.

I mean, what if it's a fae or something? Those things can be nasty. They like milk, though, apparently. And they dislike iron.

You could always be projecting your own "negative" emotions and energies - in this case, fear - onto the entity and interpreting that as anger, because you feel threatened.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

-Eluveitie Eventide-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:58 am
Sanguina-chan
If you don't want to harm or threaten it, what was the sage and crystals in aid of?

You could give it a present I guess. Or you could investigate things you may have done to piss him or her off in the first place. I guess it depends what it actually is.

I mean, what if it's a fae or something? Those things can be nasty. They like milk, though, apparently. And they dislike iron.

You could always be projecting your own "negative" emotions and energies - in this case, fear - onto the entity and interpreting that as anger, because you feel threatened.

i didn't do a spell or ritual with the crystals, i just set them in different places so it wouldn't come near the area.

i think that's a good idea though. i've never thought about it that way, even though it's strongly possible that's what it is because i can pick up and send off energies very easily sometimes not even meaning to...so that just may be the case. I'll leave a present. Something shiny, or some milk.
thank you.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:37 am
-Eluveitie Eventide-
Sanguina-chan

i didn't do a spell or ritual with the crystals, i just set them in different places so it wouldn't come near the area.

i think that's a good idea though. i've never thought about it that way, even though it's strongly possible that's what it is because i can pick up and send off energies very easily sometimes not even meaning to...so that just may be the case. I'll leave a present. Something shiny, or some milk.
thank you.

Well, depends what it is as to what you leave it wink Alcohol seems pretty universal though xd

The problem with using something to keep someone out at the outset as that they may interpret that as some sort of threat. Obviously to begin with you wouldn't go into someone's home without permission, so theoretically they'd be more polite than to barge on in. But in a general sense the dead don't always get the option. Anyway, a metaphorical "KEEP OUT" sign isn't necessarily going to be well received. There's a certain sort of person who looks at that and says "and what'll you do if I don't?".

If you're a big "receiver" in an emotional sense, you might be picking up on the emotions of your friend, or even of someone else entirely who happens to live in the area. If a neighbour is going through some big emotional turmoil, there's always the chance it would stick around and you would pick it up.

If you know how to shield, then do so, carry quartz or something to help absorb some excess emotional energies, as well as making some peace offering as mentioned earlier. As we don't know what it is, we can't really know how to respond. Some of the dead are kinda messed up, though. It can be upsetting. They may even want company or something, but are frustrated and angry that they can't get that help or make themselves understood. I've always thought that the best way to deal with the dead is to remember that they're people too and that they are, essentially, the same as we are. There are people who think of them as either "good" or "evil" and treat them as such accordingly, but we don't do that with the living. People are complex. The dead are complex too. They just happen to be mostly invisible and hard to hear and so it's easy to want to act defensively. But a peace offering is a good way to start, and if it's rejected, you know that from that point you'll be dealing in a more defensive way.

Protecting yourself is the right thing to do, it's sensible, and you are right to do it, but I like to remind people that the perspective of the entity in question should be considered. wink

Of course, if it's a Faerie thing it's a different kettle of fish. They seem to think in a different sort of way to us, so how they might act or react is difficult to anticipate.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

-Eluveitie Eventide-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:14 pm
thank you.
you've helped a lot, really. and i completely understand the metaphor between the crystals and the sign. i really need to think deeper sometimes. sweatdrop
and yes, i've thought about receiving other people's feeling instead of that, so i'm going to attempt to put a slight barrier up and take away all the crystals and go to around the same place i felt it and introduce myself and probably just talk and maybe if it is a spirit it won't end up being "evil" anyway. 3nodding  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games