Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]
[PRP] Guide Him (Moja, Kidondo and Uddhava)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:06 am
The red lion with the sandy eyes descended down into the densite, listening for the sounds of playing cubs and lions going about their daily duties. Such sounds were a welcoming thing now-a-days, to everyone and not just Kidondo.

He could hear his own children, perhaps the twins, babbling in their loud voices, though he couldn't see them. He guessed they were in the den, or maybe further around, hiding in the shadows of the rocks. Maybe No was with them, too, keeping an eye on the little rascals. He smiled at that thought, glad that this place, though harsh, was proving a good playground for little ones. He wished, too, that he had spent a little more of his youth playing happily instead of letting responsibility take him too soon.

Alas, the past could not be changed, even if he wanted it too. Not for him, not for anyone.

He turned his head to see the cub trotting meekly at his side, so close that he was almost directly under Kidondo's belly, hiding behind his foreleg. The child was small, golden, timid and gentle. Nothing like a Firekin at all. Kidondo told himself often that this was for the best, that it would make leaving for the boy easier knowing that he'd find a place where he could fit in. He sensed that the child hated standing out so much from others, and in a land where almost everyone was red, black and white, it was bound to happen.

His sad smile faded a little.

He'd already told the cub about Moja, about how she would care for him when Azarax's duties meant that he could not. Besides, that, it was going to prepare him for the journey he would have to make as an adolescent. He was a Huria, and as such he could not stay.

Nearing Moja's den, Kidondo opened his jaws and gave a chuff of greeting.

Uddhava was nervous. And as he followed Kidondo he kept glancing back for his brother, Azarax, wondering if he was somewhere close by. Apparently he was an important lion and he had many jobs to do, jobs that meanthe couldn't always be there. Sad really, because Uddhava only felt safe when he was in Azarax and Auntie Yin's den.

Now he was out here with Kidondo, looking for someone who was going to care and teach him whilst his brother couldn't.

What if this new lioness didn't like him?

He dropped back as Kidondo gave his call, hiding behind the Regent's hind leg and peering around, one ear lifted, expectant.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:06 pm
Moja ducked out of her den, a surprised expression on her face, though not a displeased one. She bobbed her head in respect for Kidondo before quickly glancing around. Maybe she was looking for Tezo, the little hooligan, or someone else's cub that needed attention, she wasn't quite sure, but no such fuzzy bundle caught her eye. "Good day, Kidondo, how may I help you?" Here was Moja now, the grateful and motherly cub-sitter, waiting for orders.

Her smile was expectant and warm, a good omen for the cub she didn't even see, but something about Kidondo told her that it wasn't just the normal drop for a day. Her head half-cocked and his expression peaked her curiosity.

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:03 pm
"Good day to you, Moja. I trust you are settling in well?" He smiled. He liked this lioness. She had a safe, friendly look about her. The kind of look that drew in your trust and made you feel welcome. He was hoping that this aura of kindness would help bring Uddhava out of himself a little and prepare him for what was to come.

At her question he smiled and, glancing back to the cub hiding behind his hind leg, stepped sideways to reveal the golden cub. The child instantly flattened to the ground, looking scared and shy.

"This is Uddhava." Kidondo continued. "Uddhava, this is Moja. Hopefully, if she accepts, she'll be your new carer." He turned his eyes back to Moja and drew breath to explain himself. "You may have heard the stories about the wounded Safi lioness who died on our borders. The lioness was a good friend of mine despite being on the opposite side. That day she brought a cub with her, to protect him from those who would harm him. Uddhava is that child. As you can see, he is not red, black nor white. His colours are unnatural. This forces me to make a...regretable decision. The child cannot stay here forever, to let him do so would to go back on my oaths to keep some of the old traditions. When he reaches adolescence he must make his journey and seek a new life. I've explained a little about this to him, so it's not a shock." He paused. "Moja, you are a good, kindly lioness with knowledge of the outside world. I come to you with a request. Will you guide him? Will you teach him how to survive?" He cleared his throat and turned back to Uddhava, hoping the child would say something.

Uddhava listened, his ears very slightly raised. He was all gold except for the white mane and the splinter of red through the bangs. His green eyes - his father's eyes - were wide and full of uncertainty. However, the deep thrum of Kidondo's voice and the kindly expression on the female's face helped chase some of that panic away.

He did not move from his flattened position on the sand, but he did lift his head a little. And when Kidondo fell silent and turned to look at him he gave a small mewl to clear his throat and peeped quietly.

"Hello."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:23 pm
Moja nodded in a chipper way, adjusting well to this land for reasons she didn't quite know of, still smiling as she looked to the cub. Her face fell - not because she was appalled by his coat, nor even by the fact that she was expected to care for him, but more from the surprise. She naively thought that a nanny only cared for cubs shortly, and she was being asked to adopt? Of course she would, she felt for the boy, trying to hide in this open land, and this was her job, her duty.

She looked from Uddhava to Kidondo, nodding somberly. She had heard the hear-wrenching roars echo through the lands though she had never known the lioness, nor what brought her and the newborn to land as her resting place and his home. And in remembering those cries her heart only broke for the boy when Kidondo said he would not stay.

Their green eyes met and she managed a smile, her face still sad, but taking a deep breath, a now genuine look as she nodded. "Uddhava, would you like that?" She lowered his head to be closer to his level, half-forgetting Kidondo for a moment, before glancing up to see his expression.

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:50 am
He tried to read her expression and was glad at the nod she gave. She had such a good heart. Maybe, with the tenderness and gentleness she would bring Uddhava ou of himself a little. He hoped so.

He watched Kidondo go and then turned back to look into that kindly face. Green eyes. Soothing. Warm. Yes, he liked her already. She gave him that look he'd seen his mother give on occassion - when she wasn't too sad or too tired. It made him feel warm and it brought back the flood of good memories.

"I would." He replied quietly, drawing closer. "If...that's okay? I wouldn't want to get in the way or anything and...and well...I don't know if I'm a very fast learner."

Kidondo smiled fondly and drew back a little, takign advantage of Uddhava's found voice.

"I'll leave you to get to know one another." He replied softly. "Uddhava, I'll be waiting nearby to take you back to your brother. Take your time, I haven't much to do this day." Uddhava had been made his priority today and there was no way he was going to let himself be distracted from it.

He bowed his head slightly in thanks to Moja then moved off across the sand.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:12 pm
Moja extended a paw, welcoming the cub closer, and cooing to him, "It's nice. You're more than welcome." After all, two full-time cubs would be a lot simpler than the six she'd birthed. She answered Kidondo's nod with one of her own and watched him leave. She'd ask him later just who was Uddhava's brother. But for now, Uddhava was the most pressing matter. For a second her eyes flicked back to the den, and she was reassured Tezo was still asleep.

"Tell me about yourself, Uddhava." Sure she had plenty of questions, but she was sure he would answer them all. The mother's green eyes invited him to speak.

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:36 pm
Uddhava gave a little squeak of surprise as the comforting presence of the Regent dissapeared. He flattened himself further to the sand, eyes wild with hesitancy. With fear. He wasn't sure what he was scared of. Just that he didn't really like being left alone in the open.

But those kind eyes of Moja's reasurred him and he moved towards her, knowing that he'd be safer if he stuck close to her.

"Um..what do you want to know? I...uh...don't really have much to say about...myself. 'Cept that I stick out too much." His ears fell.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:51 am
Moja smiled. "Well I suppose there might not be much to tell, you're still very young." She stretched her paw forward and gently patted him on the head as she often did with her daughter. "Uddhava, you may think you stick out too much, but to lions and prides north and south and east and west, every member of this pride is a sore thumb. There is a lot of challenge for a red lion hunting in green grass, but you're lucky. You have plenty of lions to feed you for a very long time." It was the best answer she could come up with for the cub before the pride's ways and traditions no longer offered the same protection.

"So, if you don't have much to say about yourself right now, we can find something you can talk about. How does that sound?" The lioness looked fondly down on her new ward, her mind already accepting of him and wondering about his needs. Was he hungry? Thirsty? Maybe just exhausted from his ordeal. If he told her, she would provide.

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces