NARNIA FANS -- DISNEY UPDATE!! PLEASE READ

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

midsummers

Feral Rabbit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:55 am
I got this from The Chronicles of Narnia guild, which I am also a member of.

anna bandana
Walt Disney studios has announced that it won’t co-produce, finance or distribute the third Narnia film, The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader

The mostly likely team to pick up the film (provided anyone wants it) is Fox, which has a strong relationship with Walden, according to The Hollywood. Hey maybe they'll do a better job with it!

The sad fact is that PC's profits at the box office and DVD sales were nothing compared to LWW.
No kidding since the first one is the most reknowned and recognized book of the series and came out when there werent 89264 other blockbusters!

cupfly
From Narnia web:

But sources close to the franchise say Disney and Walden's relationship actually soured over release date issues. Walden blamed Disney for slotting "Prince Caspian" in the shark-infested waters of May rather than a holiday-season berth and was looking to avoid the same scenario for follow-up pic "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader."

"Disney didn't like having a pushy partner like Walden and the C.S. Lewis estate," says one "Narnia" insider. "Disney doesn't really work with partners, and they don't like ones who dictate release dates and marketing campaigns."

But "Narnia" producer Mark Johnson says "Prince Caspian" is simply the least commercially viable story in the seven-title series.

"We may have made a mistake in doing 'Prince Caspian' as the second one," he says. "Unfortunately, 'Prince Caspian' is one of the lesser-liked books. We also made a slightly more adult, darker story, and we shouldn't have."

The good news for Walden: The series' third book, "Dawn Treader," is perhaps the most beloved of the "Narnia" books.

Furthermore, the most important fan is still enamored of the franchise. Walden insiders insist that the reclusive Anschutz, who almost never gives interviews, is still very much committed to "Narnia," as well as the rest of Walden's slate.

Walden Media is currently looking for another studio to distribute 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.'

How much I love Walden Media at the moment (:

Full article here.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:54 pm
quite interesting  

Pogs410

Tayi Monster

5,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:12 am
I used to read the Narnia chronicles but they were too "Godly" for me... xp