Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Sloppily made games?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Were the sims games for ds and wii sloppily made, and/or not as good as the others?
  No
  YES
View Results

Elektric_Sugar_Pop

Fashionable Shopper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:58 am
So, I rented MySims for Wii....and, WOW I thought it was AWFUL!
I was like, ok, at least you can build houses and stuff right?
But then I went to build my house and I was like AGGGHHHHHH!!
I don't wanna build my house with freak'n blocks!
It was okay on Spore, but it really got old with the MySims game.

Whenever I tried to build chairs and stuff on that MySims game, I felt like I was back in kindergarden again.
I think one of the best things about the sims games to begin with is building houses, so I felt like it wasn't nearly as good as the others.

I also think castaway was just thrown together too, along with the vet one for ds.

I understand that ds games, and wii games are different like that, but why do they have to be THAT bad??

The Urbz for GC, The Sims for GC, The sims 2 for xbox, and the sims 2 for pc are amazing games. The others just don't do the Sims games justice.

Does anyone else agree, or disagree?

-Kandy-  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:23 am
When I first saw MySims, I thought it was going to be just like Animal Crossing. I LOVE Animal Crossing.

But after reading your description of MySims, I'm almost afraid to play it. I mean, you have to BUILD the FURNITURE too?! That sounds frustrating and too time consuming.  

Noembelu

Alec Eifel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:12 pm
That sounds more fun than MySims for the ds. You dont get to build your house or furniture, you buy the stuff and place it in a tiny house, so that is more like animal crossing I guess, but I dont think you get to upgrade the size. MySims Kingdom was the most boring thing I ever played, also for the ds, You kinda get to build things but it has something to do with a hairdryer, and its just weird.

Sims 2 for the ds was kind of eh, once you get the whole hotel built, there is really nothing to do. It then just feels like housework, but you have to fight aliens with a super soaker.

I loved the gamecube ones, and I of course love the pc ones. But the DS ones kind of failed, though I cant stop trying them for some reason. I have Sims Animals coming in the mail this week >.>  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:18 pm
Noembelu
When I first saw MySims, I thought it was going to be just like Animal Crossing. I LOVE Animal Crossing.

But after reading your description of MySims, I'm almost afraid to play it. I mean, you have to BUILD the FURNITURE too?! That sounds frustrating and too time consuming.

I LOVE animal crossing too! I have all of the games. Trust me, it's NOTHING like animal crossing! It was very disappointing to me.
You don't even have real paint in the game. You use these things called essences. What are essences? EVERYTHING! Apples, tires, fish....yes, you paint...with FISH! Ridiculous rofl  

Elektric_Sugar_Pop

Fashionable Shopper

Elektric_Sugar_Pop

Fashionable Shopper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:22 pm
AmnesiacX
That sounds more fun than MySims for the ds. You dont get to build your house or furniture, you buy the stuff and place it in a tiny house, so that is more like animal crossing I guess, but I dont think you get to upgrade the size. MySims Kingdom was the most boring thing I ever played, also for the ds, You kinda get to build things but it has something to do with a hairdryer, and its just weird.

Sims 2 for the ds was kind of eh, once you get the whole hotel built, there is really nothing to do. It then just feels like housework, but you have to fight aliens with a super soaker.

I loved the gamecube ones, and I of course love the pc ones. But the DS ones kind of failed, though I cant stop trying them for some reason. I have Sims Animals coming in the mail this week >.>

Yeah, I can't stop trying them either! >.< lol
Damn addicting games! *shakes fist violently in the air*
I think DS games are usually horrible. The only ones I've liked so far are the warioware games, and Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. Everything else I tried was just crap.
I couldn't even cook on my sims vet ds game. I couldn't figure it out!lol

I think they've been making some pretty disappointing games here lately, I sure hope that they can redeem themselves with the sims 3 for pc. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:33 am
I've owned Sims Bustin' Out on the GBA and really didn't like it. I didn't like how the characters were first person controlled. Thats what I didn't like about Sims on GC either.

I had MySims on the Wii and quite enjoyed it to begin with but it did get quite boring after all of the vacant lots had been filled.

I've been looking at MySims Kingdom but after looking at actual gameplay videos it looks as though it holds your hand too much and you can't design the pieces you need. You just collect the essences and then magically the required item is created for placement.

I'm currently considering getting SimAnimals. I'm unsure about it though. I like the idea of there being a multiplayer mode though.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Alec Eifel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:20 pm
I started playing Sim Animals for the DS today, so far I am having fun with it, but it looks like it will get repetetive and bore me in the near future.

Its tasks are like, have a squirrel sniff you

then

have a racoon sniff you  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:22 am
Well if I do end up getting SimAnimals I'll get it on the Wii. I only tend to buy DS games that have been made specially for it and aren't on other consoles.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Elektric_Sugar_Pop

Fashionable Shopper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:57 pm
AmnesiacX
I started playing Sim Animals for the DS today, so far I am having fun with it, but it looks like it will get repetetive and bore me in the near future.

Its tasks are like, have a squirrel sniff you

then

have a racoon sniff you

lol, I have goals like that too. :]  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:58 pm
Menaceman
Well if I do end up getting SimAnimals I'll get it on the Wii. I only tend to buy DS games that have been made specially for it and aren't on other consoles.

And you are smart for being that way.
Never again will I buy a crappy DS game and waste money, time, and my life!  

Elektric_Sugar_Pop

Fashionable Shopper

M o n o C h r o m e d

Sparkly Receiver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:56 am
I thought Castaway for the Ds was a total rip off.
I completed it in 3 and a bit hours and it's how much to get it?
Honestly..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:29 am
I don't think the Sims in general translates to console systems. Personally the best thing about the Sims (all versions) is the customization by the community. Without that the games fall flat.

After buying "The Urbz" I'll never buy another Sims console game again.  

Iris Lise

Interesting Browser

2,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:39 pm
I have the Urbz.
It's not that bad, but it's not something that I would play for an extended amount of time.

Bustin' Out was pretty okay I guess; it was the only one that I enjoyed completing goals.

My boyfriend plays Sims on Game Cube and a few weeks ago I was like "No, you're coming over and you're playing REAL SIMS 2."
Now he's hooked >_>  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:29 am
Haha I did the same thing to my fiance but he was playing the sims2 on the ps2. XD He bored all my sims games for the pc >.>  

Chef Tine

Blueman1027

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:09 pm
Yeah, I have MySims for Wii. I had fun with it at first but it got old fast. I got tired of building items like blocks VERY QUICKLY. I enjoy how there are no motives but its a little to kiddish. Probably the worst part of the game is the music. It also reminds me of kindergarten. But, it is kind of fun when you are really bored.  
The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games