Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

so....
  All You Need is Love
  Hate!!
  SEX SEX SEX
  emotional stuff?? ewww... use logic instead!
View Results

Serendipity Splendor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:59 am
Love. Amor. Ahava.

Can we define it?

Do you believe it even exists?

What is love for you...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:23 pm
A kind word... someone who accepts you as you are. Always there when you need him and willing to be comforted by you when he has a problem.

The joy of being able to tell a person everything you think and that person completely accepting it is really hard to explain.  

engineer-of-doom
Captain

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150

Vintage Vade Mecum

Interesting Conversationalist

10,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:20 am
the word love.......has so many definitions.
love definitely exists. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:56 am
love...it exists out there but it is harder to find nowadays because most of the world thinks love is as you put it in your pole "SEX SEX SEX" but true love is someone that takes you for your good and bad quality's a person that says im sorry after a big fight ....i had true love at on point some on who loved me for me not what she wanted me to turn in to but it wasn't meant to last a few years of us dating i caught her in bed with one of my brothers... i forgave her at first but slowly slipped away from her till i lost contact...even tho i had a bad relationship i wont let it hurt me non the chance to fine true love . and as for your question yes true love dose exist...but thats just my opinon  

axeltheflame

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:29 pm

*resists urge to post a link to the SNL skit playing "What is Love?*
xd
I deny the false alternative of your poll's last option though. Love is certainly not a thing that need be presented as opposed to logic at all. I can have both, love can be entirely logical if you do it right. cool

(Disclaimer: Not finding this to be the case in your experience so far? Take another look at the "if you do it right" clause again. Doing "it" right in this case doesn't refer to love itself like you can directly control that, but getting the underlying causes in order, the things that make you love who and what you do love. When your values are well defined and in order and you've approached how you come about deciding what is and what isn't important both in people in general and in your life in particular, it is like trying to do an equation looking or the answer of four and inputting two plus two - naturally you've done what is needed by how math works and four will follow now - as opposed to doing all kinds of random operations like 4x7 and wondering why you aren't coming up with four. This is not to say though that everybody will have the same people they'll love of course. After all, we're all different people to be the starting point for the equations here and naturally you have adjusted equations then for the other half to compensate for this difference. There's by far more than one equation that will result in four after all. Starting with being a seven instead of a two doesn't mean you can never get four, you just get four in a different way than a two would. However, you still follow things logically, doing what is needed by how "math" works and recognizing who you are, not trying to deny how math works and adding an A to your seven or by pretending you are a 2 anyway and adding another 2 and then ignoring that the equation didn't work or crying out that math is broken and illogical. )
EDIT: Actually, I should say a similar thing can be said of love and sex. The two are not inherently the same thing - of course they can come separately we all know - but they need not be opposed forces and sex can follow from love in a manner much like how I described love can come about logically.
All of this though is the short, I'm-tired-and-in-a-hurry-and-just-wanted-to-throw-out-there-the-third-unacknowledged-options version, ie, it is far from comprehensive, but it'll do for now.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:27 am

I.... don't need emotional stuff, I'll stick with option 4.

Metal Soulhunter

lance626

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:20 pm
i like love it makes me feel better  
®

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out