Veled
Captain

Quotable Conventioneer

8,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:12 pm
Due to the need for ... clarification in guild policy, we would like to make it clear what we are, and what we are not.

The Pro-Choice Gaians are:

arrow Pro-Choice, in that we support the right for any female to have control over their reproductive health, including the right to decide if she wants to become pregnant, carry a pregnancy to term, or simply try again later.
arrow Pro-Woman, in that we realize these rights for reproductive choice do not come in a vacuum, and so we must support the rights for women's equality and access to various services (financial, educational, and medical) in order to better support herself, her family, and her community.
arrow Pro-Child, in that if someone has already decided to bring a child into this world, they deserve every scrap of help they can get to become a good citizen and a productive member of society.

The Pro-Choice Gaians are NOT sexist, racist, homophobic, ageist, nationalist, or any other form of discrimination that could potentially be used to justify infringing on our three primary goals.

In addition (as I have said before), we are NOT a safe haven for anybody's fetishes, sexual or otherwise, as these are either irrelevant to our other stances if not running directly contrary to them. If you're wondering where to draw the line, A lot of us may like President Obama, but we don't really want to hear about how much you want to boink Obama. sweatdrop Discussion of fetishist topics will be considered either off-topic or trolling, and we really don't want to hear about it.

We are, as we have always been, willing to accept anyone who is willing to abide by our pro-choice stance. However, we cannot accept "I'm Pro-Choice, but..." members who we feel run counter to our overall stance and/or threaten the integrity of our guild by introducing such elements.

Also, I'm just going to say this again: Membership in either the Pro-Life Guild or the Pro-Choice Guild is MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE. We tried an "Ambassador" program for a while, and it just didn't work; this was previously the only reason for someone to be a member of both guilds, and all it did was stir the pot. Pick a side already!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:23 pm
I just would like to ask this, feel free to delete this post (or I'll just do it myself after it gets seen), but the home page says
Quote:
We accept those of all pro-choice viewpoints, whether you think abortion is acceptable for a host of reasons or think it should only be used for cases where there is a decent, rational reason for having one.

I'm probably reading this the wrong way, but that sounds like it would include people who are "I'm pro-choice but..." sweatdrop  

pidgezero_one

Original Fatcat

10,775 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

Veled
Captain

Quotable Conventioneer

8,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:38 pm
Admittedly, a lot of this is thanks to the fact that a) I'm no longer the only person who admits new applicants, and b) we're starting to look past the application itself to prevent potential guild infighting (and prevent potential trolls from saying "Oh, yeah, I'm pro-choice" when their post history says otherwise). As you can imagine, this tightens up the application process a bit, and this helps delineate what applicants have started being rejected for.

The only new things added to the list are general "Don't be mean" details such as the racism concerns; the fetish-based concerns had been added previously. Debating the place and scope of reproductive choice is one thing, but several applicants have been rejected recently involving racial slurs, wondering why rape victims "don't see it coming", and general disparaging of those who do choose to have children, among other things, and once we let a member into the guild they become much more difficult to deal with should issues arise.

These changes primarily affect new applicants, and shouldn't be a concern for older members unless we see any dust-ups occurring.  
Pro-Choice Gaians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games