iSnipe

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:32 pm
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,481004,00.html

Yep, they do have an app for just about everything.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:29 pm
There are a WIDE variety of freely-available ballistic calculators everywhere. That just happens to be for the Iphone. It's the same thing as a paper calculator (AKA doing the math yourself) except it's much faster. There are even watches with rudimentary ballistic calculators in them (VERY rudimentary)  

uryu ishida

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:55 pm
You know, Sierra Bullets sells (possibly gives away) a ballistics chart you can use to do these kinds of calculations yourself, assuming you use their bullets. Most of the math is easy enough to do in your head if you're smart or good with numbers, and windage can be applied fairly accurately by instinct, with a little practice.

Really, the application isn't NECESSARY, just a convenience. I've heard they have free versions online. I'm sure if I asked at the range I could find one. I know the rangemaster uses one all the time on his own bullets.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:30 pm
I'm just thinking the picture looks kind of funny, with a cell phone holder bolted on a gun. Could you just imagine someone talking on the phone while it is still attached? Or having your gun playing music while you shoot?

Edit: I would love to have Flight of the Valkyries playing while shooting a high caliber rifle.

or KILL THE WABBIT! KILL THE WABBIT!  

Man of the Demoneye

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:38 pm
Man of the Demoneye
I'm just thinking the picture looks kind of funny, with a cell phone holder bolted on a gun. Could you just imagine someone talking on the phone while it is still attached? Or having your gun playing music while you shoot?
"Yeah Bob, have *BLAM* the numbers faxed over to my office *BLAM* and I'll get to work on them as soon as I *BLAM* get back."
"Steve?"
"*BLAM* Yeah Bob?"
"What the hell are you-"
"*BLAM*"
"-doing?"  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:14 pm
Two things.

1. Sierra Bullets manufacture their stuff in Sedalia, Mo, where I go to almost every weekend, and I used to live. I just found that out like last month,

2. One time we were at the range shooting, and my dad decided to order a pizza for dinner for us to pick up, and we were shooting in the background, and he told us the guy on the phone asked if he was ok. XD  

Inquisitor Brock

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:38 pm
I have an iPod Touch (second generation) and I plan to download the iSnipe app just for the jollies.

The fact that you can pull those stats off your pocket computer and can settle many a bar discussion is priceless. Don't know that I would want to mount my iPod to a rifle or shotgun though.

Now to buy another iTunes Store gift card...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:06 am
I could see someone knocking their iPhone off accidentally... And considering I've seen the iPhone used as a ninja star (long story short: When at Universal's MiB, DON'T show off your phone during the ride.) and do decent damage.  

Sidal

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:29 am
That's epically stupid yet awesome at the same time. Now if it ever comes out for the Blackberry Storm, I'm in.

An as for what Demoneye said about music, if I ever go shooting with anything larger than .223, I want either "Boom" by P.O.D. or "Click Click Boom" by Saliva playing.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:39 pm
Well what about Trigger Happy?  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Anima_Raptor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:04 pm
Man of the Demoneye

Edit: I would love to have Flight of the Valkyries playing while shooting a high caliber rifle.

or KILL THE WABBIT! KILL THE WABBIT!

I lost it rofl rofl rofl

And that Weird Al song was choice XP  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:47 pm
Requiem6661
That's epically stupid yet awesome at the same time. Now if it ever comes out for the Blackberry Storm, I'm in.

An as for what Demoneye said about music, if I ever go shooting with anything larger than .223, I want either "Boom" by P.O.D. or "Click Click Boom" by Saliva playing.

Yeah, you could put your Blackberry Storm on your 'Sturmgewehr'.

Yeah, the Trigun/Trigger Happy compilation is awesome.  

OberFeldwebel

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:37 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel

I downloaded the .flv file and can't stop playing it!!! Weird Al rules!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:01 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel

That's been one of my favorite songs since I found that exact video. Doesn't exactly portray us gun nuts very well, but it's so darn catchy.

"I'll blow their brains out with my Smith & Wesson, that ought to teach 'em all a darn good lesson." mrgreen  

ArmasTermin

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff