Welcome to Gaia! ::

Furry Fandom Fantasy Discussion and RP Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's friendliest furry guild. We even have ID cards. 

Tags: furry, anthro, furrie, fandom, roleplay 

Reply Main Thread
Making a suit Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cortana_Seramiphia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:14 pm
I've been wanting an actual suit for a while..
No not a full adult furry suit. Just one that involved ears, tail, boots jeans and a corset that is covered in fake fur.
I found some helpful things on eBay but they r a bit expensive..

any ideas?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:09 pm
there are some other places you can go to get suits made for you.... cant remember any of them right now but when i do i will tell you..  

Apachi_Suraki

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:34 pm
You have two options when it comes to these things.

The first is to do a lot of research first to figure out the basics, and then doing the things yourself. That costs a bit of money and if it doesn't work out the first time you have to spend more money to try again.

That is what Zeke Shadowfyre and I had to do several times before we got good techniques down that consistently turned out well.

There are some good places to go for Faux fur, one of the best (in my opinion) being Look for the short and long faux furs This place has good quality materials, and ships in a pretty good time frame. It has a huge selection too. This is where I usually go if I need to order materials for a commission.

Making it yourself can be fun...but if you don't have a lot of money to begin with, and how it turns out is important to you, you might be better off commissioning someone.

There are good people who have good quality costumes: Donthugcacti, Bladespark, and Beetlecat just Google the names.

I like to think that what Zeke and I make are pretty good, but here's the link: Aroundthefurstudio so that you can decide for yourself.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:13 pm
Eh. I would never wear a full suit. too itchy. sweatdrop  

Felix Rytes
Crew

Demonic Cat

8,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

TsukuyomiYue

3,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:39 pm
My friend helped my with mmine its a half. but i need a tail sweatdrop all the ones i've made suck  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:45 pm
i just want as stated a tail sticking out of jeans... some furry leg warmers... and arm warmers with paws.. ears and a furry corset  

Cortana_Seramiphia

AlishkaNix
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:16 am
i made myself a tail, furry armwarmers/paws, and ears (cute, just sewed onto my favorite hat). i just bought the fur at jo anne fabrics... i like them all, but they're not high-quality or anything. just another suggestion for simplicity.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:57 pm
TsukuyomiYue
My friend helped my with mmine its a half. but i need a tail sweatdrop all the ones i've made suck

You can always commission one.

Most slots are closed right now with the shop I run with Zeke but the tail and ear slots are always open.

Just gone done making one for someone actually:
Awesome Deluxe Cat Tail

Sanguvixen

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:21 pm
Update...my tail for my dragon costume is done:
Dragon tail  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:16 pm
hey, nice tail! with it posed right, it looks really cool moving and everything.  

AlishkaNix
Crew

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:03 pm
AlishkaNix
hey, nice tail! with it posed right, it looks really cool moving and everything.

I still have to work on the correctly way to bend it so it is further away from the floor. But...thanks. I worked really hard on the tail.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:42 pm
Sanguvixen
TsukuyomiYue

Most slots are closed right now with the shop I run with Zeke but the tail and ear slots are always open.

Awesome Deluxe Cat Tail

How much?
For a tail and ears biggrin  

Cortana_Seramiphia

LunaFoxxx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:50 pm
http://wolfden.critter.net/fursuits/index.htm

you can modify it in ways biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:46 pm
Feral_Disfussion
Sanguvixen
TsukuyomiYue

Awesome Deluxe Cat Tail

How much?
For a tail and ears biggrin

Pm me, and we can talk details.

Sanguvixen

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:51 pm
Not that much of an update but I've begun major work on my dragon head:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wOatQjJobs

Main Thread

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]